Secret Achievements

master_shake_350

Maybe 30 checkpoints without dying is a secret one >.< aka... the whole game...

EDIT: Has anyone tried clearing the game in practice mode? the only difference I see is no chaser...

Clearing the game without dying is a normal achievement... Perfect Run. Killer.

I unlocked the 10 checkpoints achievement in practice mode... I will try for 20 as well. However, I am not sure if anybody has managed to do the whole game without dying yet. That might take some time. Thinking about it, it would be gutting to do it in practice mode and find that Perfect Run does not unlock!!! But there is hope if the checkpoint ones do...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The no death Achievements have to work in practice mode because that's the only way to consistently start at level 1. And I did get the 10 levels without dying Achievement in practice.

Yep, I posted a thread about that. However, have you tried completing the final level in practice mode? You do not get the jet-bike animation, but a message saying something like "WARNING. You have already completed the story. Play story mode again to get a better score." That isn't word for word, but it is close. It suggests to me that, although the checkpoint achievements can be gained in practice, Perfect Run might not be attainable in this way. And you can always start the story from level 1 by completing it if you die. What do you reckon?

I also wondered if the message was a hint for rescue mode, but I currently can't get more than 165,000 on the story.

I've been trying to figure this out myself with no luck, one thing (not sure if this has been said already) i was thinking maybe there is an achievement for beating the story without dieing, and a differrent achievement for beating pratice mode without dieing? but right now i can't even get 20 checkpoints, my best was 16 checkpoints.

i was thinking maybe there is an achievement for beating the story without dieing, and a differrent achievement for beating pratice mode without dieing? but right now i can't even get 20 checkpoints, my best was 16 checkpoints.

If it is to beat the whole game without dying, most people will never get it and that's just not cool.

We could always try emailing [email protected] and asking them...

I have sent an email lets see if I get a reply.

Edited by master_shake_350

Actually, i first did a perfect run in practice and the achievement didnt unlock. So i had to do a second one in story mode and thats when it unlocked.

Crap that sucks. Still congratz none the less.

Also could it be possible that the Mulitplayer game mode is Rescue mode? But I see no rescuing involved.

Actually, i first did a perfect run in practice and the achievement didnt unlock. So i had to do a second one in story mode and thats when it unlocked.

Great to have that confirmed, cheers for that!

There are only a few possiblities left

- Higher score in story (Mines 168k)

- Higher score in endless (Previous poster said his was 71k)

- DLC

- Miniclip forgot to put it in the game

Not sure how much higher can be scored in story, if 168 is for a perfect run. Especially as I have around that score myself with four deaths!

Maybe endless... or maybe it is glitched. We will have to see if East gets a reply.

I am guessing its one of these 2. If its the first that's just uncool especially if they make us pay for it. If its the second they are just f**king silly.

On the xbox.com page it says:

I think it would be against the "rules" if you have to pay for something in order to unlock achievements in something that you have already paid for.

And as I say, I doubt if they "forgot" about it (although that would be hilarious!!!) ... more likely to be a glitch.

It seems that it was unlocked fairly easily in other versions of the game, so my money, sadly, is on it being a glitch.

I'm sure someone has already done this but i've seen a few games that have achievements for time played also end up with a 24HR achievment aswell. possible this could be it. i hop eits not glitched far to may WP7 games are glitched. :(

Pants party got the names of the secret achievements from the xbox live servers and they both involve the "Rescue" chapter which we cant find. On the Iphone, it unlocks by beating the "Run" chapter I believe