FAQs

PerpetualHeaven

Q: What is 'Hyperspeed'?

A: Hyperspeed is a cheat that speeds up the fret-board (The thing that has all the notes on it), therefore spacing out the notes. This can make some songs easier to play!

Q: How do I get Hyperspeed?

A: At the main menu (Where Career, Quick Play, Multi player etc is displayed), Enter B O Y O B O Y Y

Q: Any other cheats (That are NOT glitches)?

A: Yup,

Y,B,Y,O,Y,B Air guitar

B, B, Y, B, B,O,B,B Performance Mode

BYORYORYRYRYRYRY Unlock All Songs

OYYOYYOYYBYYBYY Flaming Heads

Y,O,B,B,B,O,Y Eyeball Head Crowd

O,Y,B,B,Y,O,B,B Monkey Head Crowd

BTW I haven't tested out all the codes so feel free to correct me!

Q: Whats the best way to get Millionaire Pair?

A: Play Freebird on Hard/Medium, and get about 99% notes hit each!

Q: Whats the best song to get <x amount of points/streak>?

A: Mr. K_Dog helpfully points out the best songs to play to get your achievements in the Guitar Hero 2 Achievement Guide. And if your still not sure check out THIS thread. :)

I will edit later with more....

• 4 weeks later...
how long are the credits on for?

The credits last for around 30 minutes, a little more I think. So if you want this achievement I recommend you put the credits on and then go watch T.V for a bit or something. I found this out the hard way and sat watching them for ages:(.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been dying to know this for a while and can't seem to find the answer anywhere. I understand the FC means Full Combo, which basically just means that you got 100%. But what is the origin of doing a "Full Combo" on a song? What exactly are you comboing? The term just doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

-Grishnaar

Oh and to the above poster, if you haven't figured it out yet, in the cheat code section O = Orange button on the guitar.

A Full Combo, as darkcalx quickly pointed out, was a term coined when DDR was really popular. To attain one, you have to get the Full Combination of all the notes; aka, 100% without over-picking.

Also, The O button stands for Orange; just as Y stands for Yellow. The letters mean the button of same color: G = Green, R = Red, Y = Yellow, B = Blue, O = Orange.

Now one of my own:

Why did they change the setlist order and songs from GH2 on PS2?

Answer: Harmonix originally wanted the songs in this order, and was later able to obtain rights to songs they had wanted in GH2 originally but could not get. So, if you will, this is the TRUE setlist as Harmonix imagined it.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
I have a friend coming over to try and do the Co-op achievements, can he recover his gamertag, sign on, and will he get the achievements, or will he have to bring his hard drive and do it twice on his hard drive.

Though you probably know by now: yes, he can simply recover his gamertag to get the achievements. A friend of mine did it, too and he has several GH2 achievements while not actually owning the game.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...