Cheats Do Work!

Hi guys, just seeing if i did it correctly. I followed the steps and have cheats enabled and i can see that it does save now on checkpoints, so is that an indicator that it has worked?

Im trying to get the 500 lightning kills achievement. Can i kill all the storm troopers in the first room and then just reload the save point will that still count towards kills?

And will i ge the achievment with the cheats on?

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Did it ever occur to some of you that the reason some people use cheats to get achievements is because they want an easier way to get them because they have to have them all? I am one of those people, some of us feel we need to get all of them in any way thats possible. There is no point in demeaning others for using cheats/glitches. So quit complaining and insulting people.

I like the people who are acting holier than thou about using the cheats and in another post is asking for people to boost multiplayer cheevs. Shouldn't these people not be boosting online because if I am not mistaken that is a form of cheating. If you and a friend spend 3 hours killing each other to get certain cheevs then you have cheated. Get over yourselves.

The losers who keep complaining about how peeps shouldn't be cheating seriously need to find something better to do with themselves, how fuckin annoying can you really be?

Anyways, I'm wondering how do you keep the LIGHTSABER amplified damage cheat on? Did the codes, got to checkpoint, died, quit to menu, continued game, saved game, exited to dash, and restarted game, and everything like all the combos and talents are there, but the lightsaber damage is back to normal....anybody got this figured out yet??:uzi::eek:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just to add my 5 cents.

1. Great bit of advise for those who want to use it. Well sourced and described which, to me, is exactly what this site/forum is for

2. I personally think it's a shame that cheats like this exist as they damage the integrity of achievements for the game. I personally find the game very fun but challenging. I've finished it on Normal and am about 1/4 way thru on Sith Master. It's very difficult (for me anyway as the force is weak with this one) however I won't feel any satisfaction if I get achievements in this manner as I haven't actually earnt anything. I still feel bad for playing Avatar Burning Earth to see if that dumb ass 1000 was true. I played the game anyway but it's a sore 1000 to have on my tag :(

3. How great is this game? Bit of a button masher but an awesome variety of moves/combos and such a nice representation of the star wars universe :D

I have one question about using cheats: Do the cheatcodes have effect on all savegames or only the savegame (slot) that I'm playing in.

For example: if I start a new game on Sith Master difficulty in a new slot and enter the cheat codes --> will those only work in the Sith Master save?

Or will they also effect my Apprentice savegame and other savegames or slots I already played?

Cheating is for losers. If anyone is that obsessed with getting 100% of the achievements on a game, then that person needs a new hobby. Playing Video games should not be some sort of proving ground to see who can get the most 1000G games. Pathetic.

It has nothing to do with a sick lust for gamerscore... I put a lot of time into beating this game and building up my character. A lot of parts in this game were next to unbearable. I deserve to be able to carry over my stats to a new game.

And if you guys are really so much against cheats and guides, then get the hell off this site? It makes no sense for you to be here if you're against it.

As for Avatar, the gamerscore is supposed to be gained that way. It's not a glitch. If you feel guilty about gaining gamerscore, then just stop playing games, because every game you play is going to have achievements. Achievements are one of the only things that keep me interested in gaming, because most games aren't very good. If every other game was like Lost Odyssey or Mirror's Edge then it wouldn't be an issue.

Edited by Oinkness

I have one question about using cheats: Do the cheatcodes have effect on all savegames or only the savegame (slot) that I'm playing in.

For example: if I start a new game on Sith Master difficulty in a new slot and enter the cheat codes --> will those only work in the Sith Master save?

Or will they also effect my Apprentice savegame and other savegames or slots I already played?

I'm almost positive that it only applies to that particular save

Cheating is for losers. If anyone is that obsessed with getting 100% of the achievements on a game, then that person needs a new hobby. Playing Video games should not be some sort of proving ground to see who can get the most 1000G games. Pathetic.

While I don't agree with your outlook on the matter, I suppose that opinions are like assholes as the saying goes :p

It has nothing to do with a sick lust for gamerscore... I put a lot of time into beating this game and building up my character. A lot of parts in this game were next to unbearable. I deserve to be able to carry over my stats to a new game.

And if you guys are really so much against cheats and guides, then get the hell off this site? It makes no sense for you to be here if you're against it.

As for Avatar, the gamerscore is supposed to be gained that way. It's not a glitch. If you feel guilty about gaining gamerscore, then just stop playing games, because every game you play is going to have achievements. Achievements are one of the only things that keep me interested in gaming, because most games aren't very good. If every other game was like Lost Odyssey or Mirror's Edge then it wouldn't be an issue.

Amen my friend, there isn't a bit of this post I don't agree with :drunk

• 1 month later...
The original guide:

Ok, so let me try to put this into more specific terms to make sure I know how to do this. This is how I interpreted the guide---

1) As soon as the tie fighter level begins, enter all of the codes you want to have with you for the rest of the game that normally turn off achievements

2) Finish the first TIE Fighter hanger room, then open the door by sliding the giant switches with the force

3) Stand in the next room and wait for the enemies to kill you

4) Exit to Main Menu.

5) Select Continue.

6) As soon as you re-enter the game, save without doing anything else..

7) Once your game saves, press the guide button to QUIT TO 360 DASHBOARD AND RESTART THE GAME FROM THERE

Is this process correct? The original guide really left a lot of stuff up to speculation.

Does this work? Cos im just about to start the Tie Fighter level on the hardest difficulty and want to make sure this works?

I've done it nevertheless and it seems to be working...

I nearly completed it, just hope I get the achievement

Edit:

Just finished it, yes the cheats do work still. I know it's like a glitch but it's rented and even if I did it legit no-one on my friends list would think I did when cheats could work. Blame Lucasarts for putting them in. Anyway, the main tip of completing the game on hardest difficulty is just running past enemies to checkpoint. Got a full 1000 now!

Edited by kizwiz
Confirming that cheats do work still

First of all, the 'cheat/glitch' works. I just finished Sith Lord last night.

Secondly, my take on this is as follows: I never condone cheating/glitching etc. But I see this no different than people 'boosting' games (like kill 100 people with a certain weapon, or play 100 games online, or host 10 games on line, etc.). To a certain degree all off that boosting IS cheating. It is done, primarily to save time. This whole website is geared to making it easier to get achievements (from walkthroughs, to helping people meat each other and 'boost').

In any event, I could have spent hours playing the 1st level again and again, 'boosting' my character till he had max stats (I was going to, as I now have to replay the level again and again to get all my 500 kill achievements anyways), but I chose the 'cheat/glitch' route instead. It just saved me time, and instead I was able to enjoy the game even more, just happy to beat the bosses on each level (and the cheats do not make the bosses easier). I already had finished the game on an easier level, with no cheats and found all teh Holocrons. The developers really should have allowed people to transfer their stats after thier 1st playthrough to sith lord mode, as they had locked that mode to begin with.

• 2 weeks later...

I will admit, I do use cheats whenever available. I used them in Xmen Origins: Wolverine. Personally, as far as "proving ground" goes, I think I joined Xbox Live way too late to be bragging about how many K games I have completed. It's something to work towards, but its definitely not brag worthy.