HELP "Metal Sonic" achievement not unlocking

I have all 130 emblems and no achievement!

I unlocked "the fastest and strongest" and "The perfect adventure" at the same time completing the last level A on the trials menu.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

***UPDATE*** NO SONIC ADVENTURE DX ACHIEVEMENTS UNLOCKING ***UPDATE***

EDIT: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Edited by IT5 T0MMYY

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably the reason nobody has answered you by now is because this question has been answered over and over and over and OVER again. This was emphasized maybe twice in the Achievement Guide that in order for the Metal Sonic achievement to unlock you must go to Trial Mode and go to the Character Select screen!

Read the Achievement Guide!!!!!!:mad:

No not really mate, ive unlocked metal sonic and completed all his level A stages, and all the missions for the dlc and still no achievement.

Don't you think i used the "achievment guide" for this game? or to try and find the answer to my problem? No cos you obviously thick. I even stated in further posts what the problem is.

EDIT: USE YOUR EYES AND READ THE THREAD BEFORE LECTURING ME.

Edited by IT5 T0MMYY

No not really mate, ive unlocked metal sonic and completed all his level A stages, and all the missions for the dlc and still no achievement.

Don't you think i used the "achievment guide" for this game? or to try and find the answer to my problem? No cos you obviously thick. I even stated in further posts what the problem is.

EDIT: USE YOUR EYES AND READ THE THREAD BEFORE LECTURING ME.

I don't get it. This makes no sense. Nobody has ever had a problem with DLC achievements unlocking. Your card says you have 200G not 250G which leads me to believe that you still had not went for the extra stuff and there is no way for us to know you did unless we just take your word for it that you did and the achievements just didn't unlock for some reason.

Not sure what to tell you if you did everything the guide said as not one person has had this problem. You're achievements should be unlocking if you have the DLC purchased.

Have you attempted Mission Mode yet or are you afraid that wont unlock as well upon completing it?

• 4 weeks later...

Same thing here. Wish I could figure it out. But I'm at a stand still. I called Xbox CS and they told me to recover my account to the console. Don't delete your Gamertag or anything, just recover it. He said he was 100% positive it would work. (Of course it didn't though.) But it might work for one of you guys seeing as i don't own the game. I play it through a friends account that i have to keep signed in to a different controller to even play. Then i got the dlc on the other account, (the one i actually beat the game on.) I'm thinking my problem personally is that the dlc doesn't recognize that I am playing Sonic Adventure because my account doesn't have the license for it. But that solution might work for you. Let me know if you have a similar situation to mine. Because i want to know if the problem i explained is ACTUALLY the problem or if I need to keep looking. Thanks.

I bought both the game and the dlc on my own personal account. Got 130 account and unlocked Metal Sonic. Tried playing about 4 stages with him and couldnt unlock the Metal Sonic achievement. I tried clearing cache, deleting the dlc and redownloading it again, still didnt work. I'll try to finish every mission and get a rank on every mission to see if those achievements work.

So yeah, I don't think playing someone's else game is the problem. I'd say maybe its because i downloaded the dlc when I had around 120 emblems. I also noticed i wasnt in the leaderboards anymore.

I see. Well if that's the case than its got to be because you beat the game( or almost did) then downloaded dlc afterwords. Because i did that as well. And if that is the case, than whoever posted that guide needs to make a HUGE edit and tell people to get both at the same time. And stop saying it will work even if you've already beaten it. Either that or sonic team has some huge mistakes to fix up on sadx. I'll keep you posted with anything i find out. Thanks for the help.

My heart goes out to all of you gamers out there who have this issue with the DLC achievements unlocking, even more so to the original post. I am currently looking into the issue myself but to no avail I cannot explain why your achievements aren't unlocking.

I don't feel comfortable mentioning this in the Achievement Guide as it is a rare matter and all I can really say for everyone here with the problem is:

1. Clear your Cache and start all over again

2. Delete, re-download the game, then start all over

3. Contact Sega and have them fix it for you

Not sure if Sega can do much for you as far as achievements go but it's worth a shot. Nobody usually has problems with their DLC achievements not unlocking so that's why it may has something to do with your account or HDD I don't believe the game is glitched at all. If anybody has any idea what could be causing the achievements not to unlock please update me when possible. Thank You.

My heart goes out to all of you gamers out there who have this issue with the DLC achievements unlocking, even more so to the original post. I am currently looking into the issue myself but to no avail I cannot explain why your achievements aren't unlocking.

I don't feel comfortable mentioning this in the Achievement Guide as it is a rare matter and all I can really say for everyone here with the problem is:

1. Clear your Cache and start all over again

2. Delete, re-download the game, then start all over

3. Contact Sega and have them fix it for you

Not sure if Sega can do much for you as far as achievements go but it's worth a shot. Nobody usually has problems with their DLC achievements not unlocking so that's why it may has something to do with your account or HDD I don't believe the game is glitched at all. If anybody has any idea what could be causing the achievements not to unlock please update me when possible. Thank You.

My friend restarted the whole game in another storage file (also cleared cache, and redownloaded the game AND the dlc. Didnt change a thing. 15 hours wasted, meh. Also, my friend contacted Microsoft (by phone). And they said they can't fix a thing. I guess I'll try contacting Sega.

Just wondering, did the game ever get any updates? If it did, ill try to clear the cache and redo everything offline so that I won't get any update. If that works, I'd say an update screwed the dlc.

Btw thanks for looking up for the issue despite completing it, we really appreciate it.

Yeah for me, I downloaded the game from my primary gamertag, played through the game, then downloaded the dlc, and the achievements won't unlock. I don't really want to play the whole game again though, especially if it might not even fix the problem.

My friend restarted the whole game in another storage file (also cleared cache, and redownloaded the game AND the dlc. Didnt change a thing. 15 hours wasted, meh. Also, my friend contacted Microsoft (by phone). And they said they can't fix a thing. I guess I'll try contacting Sega.

Just wondering, did the game ever get any updates? If it did, ill try to clear the cache and redo everything offline so that I won't get any update. If that works, I'd say an update screwed the dlc.

Btw thanks for looking up for the issue despite completing it, we really appreciate it.

The friend he's referring to is me :p

Yup, I beat Sonic Adventure the first time with 130 emblems, but I didn't get the Metal Sonic achievement. And yes, I did go in trial and did a few Metal Sonic missions but it just didn't work.

I did a COMPLETELY NEW save file, and before that I had re-downloaded the game AND the DLC. I got up to 130 emblems, and went to trial...

NOTHING.

This time I even went as far as doing ALL METAL SONIC MISSIONS LEVEL A

I finished my last Metal Sonic A mission... DIDNT EVEN GET THE ACHIEVEMENT FOR DOING THEM ALL EITHER.

The DLC as a whole is glitched. I'll do my 3rd and last playthrough in this horrible nightmare when Sega fixes it.

Yeah, I'm not getting the achievement either. I hate the Big the Cat levels too much to bother doing another playthrough, so I'll just deal, I guess. Hopefully Sega will release a patch that will fix this.

Thought I'd add on that I'm having the same problem, despite every workaround mentioned, multiple accounts, multiple play throughs. Nothing.

This needs to get fixed.

Just to add to the list of people in trouble here, I also have the same problem. I went and completed every single metal sonic trial also and got A's on all and I didn't unlock the "Master Metal Sonic" achievement either, so apparently they are both glitched for me as well.

I sent in a ticket to sega 3 days ago, but they are taking awhile to respond. I couldn't find a support line....

This is really pissing me off, I've wasted so much time and money trying to get this stupid achievement.

What is this ticket you speak of and how do I send one? If we bombard them with enough complaints that should make something happen.

A ticket is pretty much a request form for help from the company. You submit them through their website whenever you can't find an answer through like the FAQ or something

http://www.sega.com/

Make sure you have an account made on their site, then click on "support". Click on "submit a ticket" then just fill everything. I think it's pretty straight forward but if you need more help just ask.

I don't think mass sending in tickets will get them to answer faster, but it might make them take notice to the problem. For a problem like this, I'm really not expecting to get an answer :/. I'm kinda expecting a "This is an unknown issue that we can't address" and that's pretty much all I'm expecting.

But please do join me and submit one also! This is what I what I filled out for my question to them if you want something to go off of.

"I recently purchased Sonic Adventure and I ended up getting all the achievements on the game. So this means I ended up receiving all 130 emblems the game has. I then went and bought the DX upgrade after I got all these and now the achievement to get all the emblems on the DX upgrade (the achievement is called "Metal Sonic") will not unlock. I looked up you go to the trials and action stage mode and sit at the character select screen to unlock it, but it will not unlock. I started to just play the game for a few more hours to see if it will come out in time but no luck still. I deleted and re-downloaded the DX upgrade and the game then started it up again, still no achievement. I tried recovering my gamertag on another system and then downloading the game again and the achievement still didn't unlock.

I put a lot of time into that game and I want to be able to get the achievement in the end, so I would like to find out if I'm making some faulty error of if the achievement has a rare glitch. If it is a glitch, please get it fixed or find me a solution."

Agreed. The DLC really isn't that much of a bonus if you think of it in terms of adding playability for the $5...What a waste since I can't get these achievements.

Question for anyone still involved in this thread : Have you tried deleting all save data (so deleting your saved game that DOES have the 130 emblems, heartbreaking to think about I know) and then beating the game all over again on a different console or like in offline mode or something?

I feel as if this would work but I don't want to take another 20+ hours replaying the entire game just to get 50 gamerscore especially if someone has already tested it.

Kudos to you if you have tested it with failure.