Urge to buy more games

switzr1

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah. Thanks for the heads up. From your experiences, have you received any bad games?

Sorry for butting in, but I bought the Grand Theft Auto trilogy from Amazon. The seller said the case had slight damage, and when I got it, the entire case was broken. It was hardly usable. Every other game came out fine, though.

Sorry for butting in, but I bought the Grand Theft Auto trilogy from Amazon. The seller said the case had slight damage, and when I got it, the entire case was broken. It was hardly usable. Every other game came out fine, though.

Don't apologize for butting in, I appreciate all comments.

Ah, that sucks. Well, the case could be easily replaced, if you know someone who works at a store that sell games (Not Kohl's or anything, more like Toys'R'Us, Gamestop).

How many times have you bought from Amazon?

i get the urge to buy games all the time

like last year i vowed to not buy any games between super street fighter 4 and dead rising 2.. i ended up picking up 38 more titles due to them being priced at less than £5 each, it's not like i even realy wanted most of them i just wanted to pick them up dirt cheap so that nobody else could

more recently i picked up marvel vs capcom 3 (a game i'd been waiting years for) then found myself wanting more games ended up buying 7 games for £40 (good stuff including modern warfare 2 and dragon age)

i think my major problem is i love the thrill of finding games for next to nothing and just have to have them in my collection, i know in my heart im never gonna have enough time to play them all but it ends up just that i need to aquire them , the other day i picked up mass effect, alan wake and assasins creed 2 (£13 for the three) but i reckon i'll never 100% all of them due to time constraints

so yeah i guess it could be an urge to buy more games but i feel it's more likely to be the thrill of finding bargains which keeps me going

I probably wouldn't drive 30 miles to buy some games, but I know what you mean.

I traded in a load of old PS2 and PC games at my local exchange store and got around £80 worth of credit to spend on anything from DVDs to games.

Everytime I go there I get the urge to go mad and start buying loads of the cheap games :p At the minute, I'm biding my time and thinking about what I can get!

Does anyone else get the urge to drive 30 miles to the nearest GameStop, just to buy several cheap, terrible or outdated games and try to get a few achievements in them, rather than buying one or two good games? I have that urge right now and will probably do so tonight!

i dont drive 30 miles like you mention but i do tend to purchase cheap games instead of buying new ones.example indiana/kung fu panda/the force unleash 1 all for 20+tax 3 good games at a good price.

I do...I'm out of work, so money is tighter than ever. There are several games I want, but simply can't afford right now. I still need my gaming fix and I still need to hear the PLOP of earning a new achievement. Cheaper/used games are my only option for now. There's always Christmas....

Ah. Thanks for the heads up. From your experiences, have you received any bad games?

Not really. The worst condition game I've gotten from the Warehouse Deals section was a copy of Dynasty Warriors 6 that had a slight fracture on the case, but that was about it.

My only real issue with the warehouse deals section is that you can't filter by system, only publisher or price.

Does anyone else get the urge to drive 30 miles to the nearest GameStop, just to buy several cheap, terrible or outdated games and try to get a few achievements in them, rather than buying one or two good games? I have that urge right now and will probably do so tonight!

Yep!

Over the weekend I got 12 games from the bargin bin, Some of my friends don't even own that many. No I am at 207 Retails.

Yeah I have a GameStop less than a minute from my apartment. There have been a couple of times I've had the urge to buy easier, older games that I could max out the achievements rather than newer, better games. However, I've collected so many games I still need to play, that I don't think that urge will be coming over me again any time soon.

I have 4 GameStops withing 10 miles of my house. 2 within 1 mile of EACH OTHER ON THE SAME ROAD. I will buy some sub-par games on the cheap but usually only if there's some kind of deal (buy 2 used games, get 1 free) or if I have some kind of coupon through PowerUp Rewards. I still have to get some enjoyment out of game to keep playing it.

I'm not really one to buy REALLY crappy games or games that are super easy just for Achievements.

I used to before I took a break from my 360 to get my PS3, I had well over 100 games, most of which I traded in for the PS3 actually. Since January I have started playing my 360 again but I renamed my old GT, which was XoreElon at the time, so I could reuse it and start fresh and only play the genre that I really want to play.

Edit: Had a mild case of that on the PS3 as well and started a new ID in January as well, just wish you could rename PS3 IDs, really hate having to use a dash.

I get the urge, but whenever I go I can never seem to find games that make sense to me.

Like when I bought Armored Core 4 for $10, I thought it was a good deal because I'd played the game before and I knew I would enjoy it.

Most of the time I'm good at controlling myself.

I get the urge, but whenever I go I can never seem to find games that make sense to me.

Like when I bought Armored Core 4 for $10, I thought it was a good deal because I'd played the game before and I knew I would enjoy it.

Most of the time I'm good at controlling myself.

I'm the same way. I won't buy a cheap game just because it's cheap, but I've spent a few days trying to find a cheap copy of a game I really want to play.

I think it took me a week to finally get a copy of Star Wars: Force Unleashed. Got it for $7 too!

Well not to drive 30 miles, but to run over to a store on lunch or on my way home from work....yah, all too often. It's making paying down debt a bit of a trouble spot. I've fallen prey to loads of cheapo sub-$10 games, most were pretty damn fun actually.

Currently have about 10 games in my queue I haven't even played yet, cheap or not, trying not to buy any more at any price until I beat them but failing miserably. I just picked up Left 4 Dead and Enslaved over the last last week.