Is MP Dead?

Riphade 1

i've only played multiplayer for 3 days and today was the first time i was able to get into any ranked matches. once i get in a lobby, it takes about 10-15 mins to get enough players to start a game. i was playing 7pm-9pm PST. the other two days, i was on around 11pm PST and couldnt find any ranked matches.

casual matches are pretty easy to find though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yikes. This doesn't bode well for me. I finished all the single player achievements and am about to start with the multiplayer ones. Why do developers think that their multiplayer will be a long lasting hit? Multiplayer seems to be tacked onto every game these days and the vast majority of MP games end up dead after a few weeks or sooner. It would be nice to get 1000 gamerscore on a game (single player) that I really enjoyed.

EDIT: I just played some multiplayer. I couldn't fimd a ranked match, but I was able to find casual matches easily. I managed 75 gamerscore in a 3 hour span and am at level 18 (which is about 7% to level 60).

Edited by StarDreamer99

Yep, MP is dead. I was playing a game of ranked TDM and we won the first round. For the second round, three opponents left the game, leaving one enemy still. Sadly, he camped at his spawn point after getting a 1 kill lead for the entire match.

Yep, MP is dead. I was playing a game of ranked TDM and we won the first round. For the second round, three opponents left the game, leaving one enemy still. Sadly, he camped at his spawn point after getting a 1 kill lead for the entire match.

Sounds like the TDM match I had this morning. I still need to get a ranked win in that and one other mode. Unfortunately, ranked matches are dead. If you're lucky enough to get a ranked match started, people seem to leave for some reason. This leaving issue barely exists in casual matches, which has me a bit puzzled.

EDIT: Sunday night, I managed to get some ranked matches in. People still left, but I finally got the achievement regarding ranked matches.

Edited by StarDreamer99

Sounds like the TDM match I had this morning. I still need to get a ranked win in that and one other mode. Unfortunately, ranked matches are dead. If you're lucky enough to get a ranked match started, people seem to leave for some reason. This leaving issue barely exists in casual matches, which has me a bit puzzled.

Correct me if I'm wrong (I haven't touched the game since beating it twice and getting 1,000:gsicon: way back in March), but isn't that the difference in Ranked and Casual -- you can't join already-in-progress Ranked matches? Some people may legitimately quit, but that also applies to disconnects.

But yeah.... everyone knew at/before launch that MP would be dead after a couple months.

• 2 weeks later...

Why is it people will play casual and not ranked, I am not sure what the difference is, not just in this game, many MP games have this option (thinking AVP) why would you only play casual, its the same game is it not?

sorry for number police but

EDIT: I just played some multiplayer. I couldn't fimd a ranked match, but I was able to find casual matches easily. I managed 75 gamerscore in a 3 hour span and am at level 18 (which is about 7% to level 60).

Last edited by StarDreamer99; 07-12-2013 at 11:27 AM.

off top of my head (carpenter by trade) 18 is nearly a third of 60 surely then more like 30-33%.... good thing you got less to grind than you thought

peace

n-joi

Multiplayer was not very fun. All the DLC was for multiplayer. Campaign was so fun I loved it.DDisappointed they attempted multiplayer. The money they spent on multiplayer would have made the campaign that much better (dlc)

Truer words have never been spoken sir.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Ah the age old problem, for reasons known only to themselves, they release the next game in a franchise that is already hugely popular, and tack on some crappy afterthought MP mode, which does nothing for the game, and is ultimately dead in no time, leaving the lobby's to become booster only ghost towns....same thing they did in Bioshock 2,....they need to learn that they DON'T NEED TO ADD A MP MODE TO MAKE IT A GOOD GAME!!!

Amen etc....erm...rant over....peace

• 1 month later...