PS3 General Discussion

PerpetualHeaven

Alright, I noticed we tend to branch off into a million different conversations everywhere. So why not just have our own little general discussion down here. Can be about PS3, not PS3, Wii, whatever the hell we want to talk about. We have our own little clique. Let's make those other bastards feel left out.

Anyways, on the topic of N95. Yes yes, I think I'll be getting that one Bax. You saw my linkie. I just need to get money first. I have to quickly purchase a phone though because my girlfriend is holding out a spot on her fav 5 for me.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if you have it there, but when you go on a plan you can pick 5 people from any company to have unlimited text and calling too. So she's holding out a spot so we can text and talk to each other as much as we want without going over the bill.

Awww thats cute lol, and nah not here as far as my knowledge goes. On my N95, I'm paying £40 a month and get 800 minutes calltime, and unlimited texts. Pretty dam good deal for a new phone!!

Im already on her Top 5 :p

And now I'm a dirty PSWii60 owner...

Annoying. Console out of the shop, plug it in the office to play DMC4. "You are running software 1.99 and need 2.01 to run DMC...'. OK, no biggie, got a disk in the box. Run that- its only 2.0 and tsill cant play DMC till I plug it into the net lol. Now that is ghey.

Im already on her Top 5 :p

And now I'm a dirty PSWii60 owner...

Annoying. Console out of the shop, plug it in the office to play DMC4. "You are running software 1.99 and need 2.01 to run DMC...'. OK, no biggie, got a disk in the box. Run that- its only 2.0 and tsill cant play DMC till I plug it into the net lol. Now that is ghey.

Wayhey welcome to the darkside! What other games you got apart from DMC?

Na, I said Im in her 5, not the other way round. And you never answered my question yesterday!!!

ANd dont think I should have to connect for an update cos my firmware is 2 versions out of date the day I buy a console, nope.

Aren't all the 360s not up to date at time of purchase? When I received my refurbished 360 (oh yay my 3rd one) it wasn't up to date. So ha. Face. And you're in her 5. Well that's not cool of her.

Actually, her top 5 goes like this:

1. Bax
  2. Bax
  3. Bax
  4. Bax
  5. Bax's brother

I lol'd

And we do have a similar thing to that Top 5 thing here. It's only certain networks and tarrifs and its not free either, just reduced.

I know Orange do it to other Orange phones. And BT offer it on landlines, they even do it for worldwide numbers. My mum used to use it for calling her friend in Australia once a month, but they discovered that free Skype calls are cheaper than not free BT calls. lol

Hola amigos! I hope you don't mind me interrupting the girlfriend talk but I come seeking the advice of the X360A elder council. As my sig shows, my 360 is dying but MS won't mail a coffin until the RROD stays on permanently. The PS3 and its Home system are looking more and more like an option for some of my gaming needs. The question is: How in depth will Home be? I know it's nothing like the Achievement system, but if there are only a small number of trophies to win per game, then it might not be so good. Just curious. I'm going to need something soon while my 360 is away at Warranty University, and who knows when I'll need a back-up again. My 360 needs some competition.

Can be about PS3, not PS3, Wii, whatever the hell we want to talk about.

Does that make sense? ;) :p

Anyway, I'm getting my PS3 this weekend, so I too will own all 3 :woop:. I will most likely get F1 CE and download the Gran Turismo game off of the PS store when I get home (it is a download, right?). Then, when I get enough money I'll buy GT5 Prologue from Play-Asia.

What are good multiplayer games for PS3?

Hola amigos! I hope you don't mind me interrupting the girlfriend talk but I come seeking the advice of the X360A elder council. As my sig shows, my 360 is dying but MS won't mail a coffin until the RROD stays on permanently. The PS3 and its Home system are looking more and more like an option for some of my gaming needs. The question is: How in depth will Home be? I know it's nothing like the Achievement system, but if there are only 5 trophies to win per game, then it might not be so good. Just curious. I'm going to need something soon while my 360 is away at Warranty University.

Absolutely no idea. Home isn't out yet. But if achievements is all that matters then the PS3 probably isn't for you.

Hola amigos! I hope you don't mind me interrupting the girlfriend talk but I come seeking the advice of the X360A elder council. As my sig shows, my 360 is dying but MS won't mail a coffin until the RROD stays on permanently. The PS3 and its Home system are looking more and more like an option for some of my gaming needs. The question is: How in depth will Home be? I know it's nothing like the Achievement system, but if there are only 5 trophies to win per game, then it might not be so good. Just curious. I'm going to need something soon while my 360 is away at Warranty University.

Home will be very in depth. For example, you'll be able to have a bowling alley in your house where all of your mates can come and play, trophie room, BBQ's etc. I'm not sure if the maximum amount of trophies per game is 5 or not, not sure where you heard that... But if you're looking for a quick fix, PS3 probably isnt the answer due to Home not coming out for a while now. Saying that though, PS3 is definitely a worthy investment. Its got some fantastico games out, plus its a Blu Ray player!

Actually, there are the same amount of accomplishments in DMC4 as there is for the 360 version. Now, I'm going to assume both platforms will always share similar achievements/accomplishments. Let's assume that they do. I don't know where you heard you can only unlock 5 trophies per game, I don't believe that's true at all but don't fear, DMC4 had the exact same accomplishments as the 360 version. I'm pretty sure you unlock a trophy for every accomplishment. So honestly, I believe it'll come down to preference for games now. They'll probably both have identical achievements. Only difference is trophies versus points.

As for Home, there is an undeniable depth. From my understanding, there are over a million combinations for your character to make. So the chances of you making someone who likes another person is fairly slim. Plus, you can customize your own home as much as you want. You'll of course have to purchase specifics pieces, but you have a lot of other free things.

You'll be able to post animated pictures of whatever you want around your house and in your hall of fame. For example, if you had a head shot that you really liked, you can have it constantly replaying in a picture frame. There's also Virtual Arcade, Virtual theater, people being able to access your music and movies from your HDD (If you allow them), and more. There is a lot in Home that I still don't know about but all I can tell you it's going to be sweet.

For more info, go here:

http://www.ps3chat.com/playstation-3-articles/1100-home-where-playstation-3-heart.html

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=oInP2DAa3BA]YouTube - Playstation Home - PS3 - Complete Presentation GDC[/ame]

Long read but it'll help you understand. Also, watch that entire YouTube Video as well.

the n95 a gd mobile had it on contract since it was released but battery is bad and does not last long i have charge it everynight .

on another note

is it just more or are some blu ray movies a complete rip off i saw in hmv they only decent 1s are £25+ i was like wtf i want build my collection but just 4 will cost £100 so for just 16 i could get another ps3 haha wired when add the costs all together

Hope this isn't spam or double posting but I wanted to clarify my previous post which I slightly edited. The 5 was a random number my brain chose to prove a point. My apologies. Achievements aren't the only meaningful aspect I'm looking at. In fact, it's all the stuff Perpetual said that make my nipples tingle (in a manly way, of course). The 360 Achievements are great but Home sounds like the evolution of that system, and more of what we all love. Finally, this is no quick fix and if MS keeps dicking around with me returning my occasionally RROD machine, then it might be a permanent switch. My system freezes 5 minutes into all games, but it's not always RROD so they won't pay. Thanks for your help as well guys. These were the answers I sought. Your wisdom far exceeds your age or weight or height or gamerscore. Peace be with you, wise ones.

Hope this isn't spam or double posting but I wanted to clarify my previous post which I slightly edited. The 5 was a random number my brain chose to prove a point. My apologies. Achievements aren't the only meaningful aspect I'm looking at. In fact, it's all the stuff Perpetual said that make my nipples tingle (in a manly way, of course). The 360 Achievements are great but Home sounds like the evolution of that system, and more of what we all love. Finally, this is no quick fix and if MS keeps dicking around with me returning my occasionally RROD machine, then it might be a permanent switch. My system freezes 5 minutes into all games, but it's not always RROD so they won't pay. Thanks for your help as well guys. These were the answers I sought. Your wisdom far exceeds your age or weight or height or gamerscore. Peace be with you, wise ones.

Actually, I'm 8ft so I doubt my wisedom exceeds my height :p Perhaps intentionally try to get the RROD on your console permanently, for example wrapping it up and leaving it on for a long period of time. This way, Microsoft will HAVE to repair it for free :)

Good news for the PS3. Outsold the 360 in North American in January, and almost beat the Wii. Who said the PS3 can't do well in North America?

Wii: 274,000

PS3: 269,000

360: 230,000

Source:http://www.gamespot.com/news/6186077.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;0

Also, here is the review of Nyko's Rumble control which is apparently the very first rumble control outside of Japan!

http://gear.ign.com/articles/852/852422p1.html

Wow! High rating but the price is kind of high. $60.00 isn't all too shabby. But it does have a battery pack which means no internal lithium ion battery. That's a pretty good thing. Kind of reminds me of this lovely control that I want back:

http://www.games-digest.com/images/ps3_controller_2_1.jpg

http://cache.gizmodo.com/assets/resources/2006/11/ps3clone.jpg

http://library.thinkquest.org/06aug/01856/media/PS3_boomerang_controller.jpg

I would do anything to purchase one of those. The ergonomics for the control was perfect in my opinion. Here's a step by step display:

http://www.vidaextra.com/images/ps3boomerang.jpg

http://www.ps3camp.info/images/billet-hardware/2005-11/boomerang.jpg

http://www.joystiq.com/media/2006/02/what7phps3contjoy.jpg

I don't care what anyone says.. I want one! *cries*

I actually quite liked the Boomerang controller. Sony should've got some stones and just gone with it, instead of recycling a 10 year old design.

I remember back when these two pictures came out. So many people that were bad mouthing the boomerang controller instantly went quiet.

http://www.vidaextra.com/images/ps3boomerang.jpg

http://www.ps3camp.info/images/billet-hardware/2005-11/boomerang.jpg