Anyone else stoked for this game!

kozydude

Been waiting for an origins tale based on this universe. I hope the new developers keep a lot of the mechanics and mission structures from the first two, although i would like them to make new game modes for the challenge maps and make the game A.I react like Spiderman 2, where these random events happen throughout the game world like robberies or minor villains wandering around that you have to stop. Also want them to bring back the way they did The Riddler trophies from the first game, where you had to find items or references to Batman's enemies.

From the gameplay I've seen, it looks very similar to the past Arkham games. So fans shouldn't have to worry about it playing differently.

I'm pumped for this game. I wish North America was getting a Limited Edition though :(

Did not see that their was a limited edition being released, ill have to look that up.

They hardly dropped the ball. They obviously want the next Rocksteady release, probably Justice League or Arkham 3, to be the first of the franchise released on the XB1, not a prequel. I say they made the right decision.

I was pretty irritated by the initial announcement that Rocksteady was going to have next to no input on this one (just limited "guidance" for the WB studio), but everything I see and hear about this has almost completely turned me around. I'm now looking forward to Origins almost as much as I was Asylum & City.

I just hope the next Arkham is by Rocksteady, and is a proper Arkham 3 that wraps up loose ends from all the others rather than a JL or DCU title. Leave it to the Bat universe devs!

I'm massively anticipating this one; my pre-order is firmly in the bag :dance:

I was sceptical at first when I saw that it was being developed by a different team, but as was the case with Arkham City, it looks like it's just set to make the gameplay even better.

So you're saying they don't have faith in the prequel?

Quite the contrary. I'm saying The Arkham franchise makes money and an Arkham next-gen title would be huge. So why just have one game when you can have two? A prequel to end out the current run of consoles and then Rocksteady's third entry to usher in the next gen? Obviously they can't make two games at once so another developer had to be brought in and they make way more money and less years people have to wait for a new game. It's logical from a business stand point. Doesn't mean the game is shit or of less quality.

I agree with everyone about the riddler trophies they were a lot of fun, the combat system in the previous games were excellent so I have no worries in that department, however the challenges that were in the previous two were an aspect I didn't enjoy and I hope they don't make an appearance in this one.

In summary; Very Very Very stoked! ;)

I agree with everyone about the riddler trophies they were a lot of fun, the combat system in the previous games were excellent so I have no worries in that department, however the challenges that were in the previous two were an aspect I didn't enjoy and I hope they don't make an appearance in this one.

In summary; Very Very Very stoked! ;)

Haha, I seem to be the only one that LOVES the challenges, with Batman that is. Probably my most satisfying gaming experience is when I get those high combos in the combat challenges.

I don't like the DLC challenges, because they just seem lazy and none of them play as good as the almighty Batman.

The disable weapon/equipment move Batman has makes the fights so much easier.

• 2 weeks later...
Haha, I seem to be the only one that LOVES the challenges, with Batman that is.

I really, really, really like the challenges, especially the combat ones in B:AA. But in City there were just too many of them (and that's before the onslaught of DLC ones). I'm hoping they turn it down a notch for Origins and do away with the excessive amounts of them.