Ensign Hugh Man

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

war games challenges

daily challenges 12/03/2012 - total 4450xp

spartan master killer - 2950xp

kill 15 players in a single war games match.

deadeye - 1500xp

kill 20 players with a headshot.

weekly challenges 12/03/2012 - 12/09/2012 - total 10350xp

up close and personal - 6250xp

earn 12 cqc medals in a single match.

the kingslayer - 4100xp

earn 50 regicides.

suggested roadmap

daily

spartan master killer, you can easily get this in a btb or regular infinity slayer match, but also a good place to knock it out would be in objective game types.

deadeye, this can be done in regular game types, but honestly it's quicker and easier in a game or two of swat as it's one shot one kill.

weekly

up close and personal, your best bet for this would be some good old fashioned grifball, but i don't believe it's in regular rotation as a playlist yet. You are going to have to settle for normal slayer by using the sword, hammer, shotgun, or scattershot, or the old trust melee. Flood is also excellent for this challenge.

kingslayer, you need to get a total of 50 regicides (or king kills) during the week. Just keep at it and eventually you'll knock it out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

spartan ops challenges

weekly challenges - 12/03/2012 - 12/09/2012 - total 525000xp

creeping 'n crawling - 1250xp

kill 80 crawlers.

watchful avenger - 1500xp

kill 20 watchers.

knightmare - 2500xp

kill 10 knights.

suggested roadmap

creeping 'n crawling, e1c3 has a large amount of crawlers and would be a great place to get the needed kills

watchful avenger, you need to kill 20 watchers and as noted above e1c3 is the first time you see them so it should be the best place to start taking them out.

knightmare, for this you need to kill 10 knights, and my suggestion would be the first time you see them which i believe is c1e4

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

campaign challenges

weekly challenges - 12/03/2012 - 12/09/2012 - total 6750xp

reclaim this! - 4750xp

complete reclaimer solo on legendary difficulty.

stormy vengeance - 2000xp

complete any campaign mission on heroic or higher difficulty with the mythic and thunderstorm skulls on.

suggested roadmap

reclaim this, reclaim this, everyone's favorite speed runner rc master has just posted a video guide of how to run through reclaimer on mythic difficulty in about 18 minutes. While you don't need to do this he usually provides great insight and tips to get through the levels with ease. So just check out his video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myj41e0ev0q&feature=g-subs-u

stormy vengeance, for this challenge you will need to complete any h4 campaign mission on heroic difficulty with the mythic and thunderstorm skulls turned on. My suggestion would be the first level as it's not really hard and as long as you take your time you should be able to breeze right through it.

12/03/2012 Edited by Ensign Hugh Man

I just ran through C1E3 solo on Easy difficulty and I was able to clear the Watcher challenge and I got about 65 Crawler kills so these should be a breeze.

I got all the spartan ops challenges after the first two chapters. Then both daily war games in my first match today.

Wish the challenges were a bit harder but not the ridiculous ones like win 9 of a certain game type in one day.

Got the Watchers and Knights in the first chapter of Episode 5. Crawlers took much longer. Also got all the regicides today. Getting them was a bit of a pain seeing as I was almost always the king, but I raked up a lot of wins as well. Good way to work towards both the weekly and monthly.

war games challenges

daily challenges 12/04/2012 - total 4250xp

one, two, three, four... - 1500xp

earn 9 multikills medals.

baller - 2750xp

win 9 matchmaking oddball matches.

suggested roadmap

daily

one, two, three, four..., you need to get 9 multikills over the course of the day. My suggestion is to use power weapons and concentrate on vehicles. Still ordinary shooting and killing works wonders as well.

baller, you need to win 9 oddball matches today.

12/04/2012

I might try Team Regicide, but I won't go for the weekly if the enemy king just hides the entire match

Can't really hide as it puts a nice little marker over their head saying where they are. Also, since the King is the person with the highest score on the team, if one did just try to hide away they wouldn't stay king for too long. Someone else on their team would pass their score.

I played.. I dunno, maybe 3 games of the FFA Regicide and thought it was boring as hell. Only 6 people sucked. But this team version's a lot more fun imo. It's basically team slayer with a point bonus for killing a certain person. :) And almost as frantic as KotH in some situations. I say, get rid of the FFA and make this one permanent, along with SWAT. :p Of course, since Regicide is currently their only permanent FFA playlist, they'll need to get an actual, good FFA playlist in there. (No, I don't think Throwback was a good one cause it was two objective FFA's and not plain slayer. Plus it was still only 8 people. Need some 10-16 FFA!)

These 12 CQC kills in one game are really hard to get. Just had it glitch out and save 8 kills from one game, so I started another with 8 melee kills already. Too fucking bad for me a joined an oddball game losing 250 - 20. Game ends almost before I can even do anything and the challenge resets to 0/12. This game sucks so much sometimes most of the time.

war games challenges

daily challenges 12/05/2012 - total 3850xp

fully automated - 2450xp

get 13 kills with an automatic loadout weapon in a single match.

in the back - 1450xp

assassinate 3 players.

suggested roadmap

daily

full automated, you need to get 13 kills with an automated loadout weapon. If you setup your loadout to have an automatic weapon in your secondary spot. I would honestly suggest smaller maps for this.

in the back, you need to get 3 assassinations in a single match.

12/05/2012

Just had a thought, why arent there Campaign or Spartan Ops Dailies coming as well? I feel like they're missing out by not including a Daily for every game mode.

couldnt agree more,im stuck on 980G just needing my 25 challenges for 100% but we only get two daily challenges! this'll delay me trading the game in for a few days yet! my own fault i suppose for not banging these out as i went along.also what were they thinking with this weeks s ops challenges? these could have been dailys for what theyre worth!

war games challenges

daily challenges 12/06/2012 - total 4250xp

threading the needle - 2650xp

kill 11 players with a headshot in a single match.

rolling thunder - 1600xp

earn 7 killing spree medals.

suggested roadmap

daily

threading the needle, place to go for this challenge is straight to swat and you should be able to knock out this challenge with ease. Since all headshots are one shot on kill it makes it easier than all other playlists.

rolling thunder, during the course of the day you need to get 7 killing spree medals.

12/06/2012

These 12 CQC kills in one game are really hard to get. Just had it glitch out and save 8 kills from one game, so I started another with 8 melee kills already. Too fucking bad for me a joined an oddball game losing 250 - 20. Game ends almost before I can even do anything and the challenge resets to 0/12. This game sucks so much sometimes most of the time.

I came here looking for advise on this challenge. Seeing that your having trouble, I'm giving up. I was sooo pissed to find out at the end of a match that my 9 sword kills did not count! Fuck you not bungie (aka 343i), you have no idea what your doing to the mental state of completionists.

I was sooo pissed to find out at the end of a match that my 9 sword kills did not count!

This is really the problem with the challenge. Assassinations don't count, sword kills don't count, and close range weapons like the shotgun don't count like they did in Reach for this type of challenge.

Melee in general has been made almost useless in this game. There's no incentive to ever melee someone when you can spawn with a boltshot. If you have any sort of distance between an enemy and yourself, and you take off their shield, you can't even sprint up to them to finish them with a melee since you get slowed to a crawl by gunfire now. It's all just a mess, but I was never one for melee kills in any Halo game, so it has been working mostly to my favor.

war games challenges

daily challenges 12/07/2012 - total 4000xp

to be precise - 1250xp

get 15 kills with a precision loadout weapon.

raise the flag - 2750xp

win 9 matchmaking capture the flag matches.

suggested roadmap

daily

to be precise, over the course of the day you need to get 15 kills with a precision loadout weapon. Dmr, br, light rifle, or carbine.

raise the flag, you need to win 9 ctf matches today.

12/07/2012

These 12 CQC kills in one game are really hard to get. Just had it glitch out and save 8 kills from one game, so I started another with 8 melee kills already.

I've had this happen as well, but it doesn't happen with any consistency. Is anyone aware of a way to "force" this to occur or is it completely random?

I've had this happen as well, but it doesn't happen with any consistency. Is anyone aware of a way to "force" this to occur or is it completely random?

seems random to me! no glitches with yesterdays dailys and they wernt easy neither so passed up on them for todays easy peesy ones,no glitches needed today :)