Teeth of Naros bugs!

CyberCecil

I've finished the DLC and encountered two bugs. First, the Murder Most Fowl achievement won't unlock. All the others have unlocked so this is the last achievement I need. I even reverted to a save before I started the DLC and killed more than 50 of those bloody birds again and still nothing. Second, the fast travel option no longer works so I am trapped in the new lands and I cannot get back to the main game area.

I have tried re-installing everything and deleting the xbox cache.

For your first problem, are you one-shotting the enemies? The first DLC had the same problem with its "kill 50" achievement where it wouldn't count the kills if they died in one hit.

With the second problem, I know you had to ask to use the boat to return to the main map in the first DLC. Might be something similar with this one.

(Note that I will just be starting the DLC tonight, so those are both just educated guesses! -- I'll try to get through it and have an achievement guide up tomorrow though. :))

With the second problem, I know you had to ask to use the boat to return to the main map in the first DLC. Might be something similar with this one.

You can fast travel between the new area and the old area with this one. I imagine his problem is a similar bug to the fast-travel bug reported in the main story line. However, you should still be able to snail travel back to the main area. I haven't tried to do it, but I believe the connector point is still available on my map so you could just walk up to it.

You can fast travel between the new area and the old area with this one. I imagine his problem is a similar bug to the fast-travel bug reported in the main story line. However, you should still be able to snail travel back to the main area. I haven't tried to do it, but I believe the connector point is still available on my map so you could just walk up to it.

Unfortunately, the cave you use to get to the new area not only has a cave in as part of the story, but just before the cave in you have to jump down from a ledge and can't get back up anyway. So there doesn't appear to be a way for me to keep playing from that broken save.

It's so nice when a game can reward all your hours of playing by crapping all over you.

For your first problem, are you one-shotting the enemies? The first DLC had the same problem with its "kill 50" achievement where it wouldn't count the kills if they died in one hit.

Thanks for the suggestion, that apparently was the problem. I had to restart the DLC and remove all my mastercrafted equipment but I finally got the achievement.

Unfortunately, the cave you use to get to the new area not only has a cave in as part of the story, but just before the cave in you have to jump down from a ledge and can't get back up anyway. So there doesn't appear to be a way for me to keep playing from that broken save.

Yeah, I forgot about that bit. Any idea where the fast travel broke or what you did to trigger the glitch? Was it a ToN problem or did you have the problem before starting the DLC? I think I'll fast travel back to Gossamer's End and make a save there next time I play, just in case.

Yeah, I forgot about that bit. Any idea where the fast travel broke or what you did to trigger the glitch? Was it a ToN problem or did you have the problem before starting the DLC? I think I'll fast travel back to Gossamer's End and make a save there next time I play, just in case.

It was working fine when I started the DLC. I fast traveled back and forth just fine. I don't know when it broke exactly, I stopped having to fast travel when I got into the city and had access to the merchants there. So I don't think I tried to fast travel again until after I completed the main quests.

It was working fine when I started the DLC. I fast traveled back and forth just fine. I don't know when it broke exactly, I stopped having to fast travel when I got into the city and had access to the merchants there. So I don't think I tried to fast travel again until after I completed the main quests.

That's what I thought, but since you didn't specifically say it happened in the DLC and there is an existing bug that does this same thing, I wanted to make sure.

I believe there is a patch in the works to fix this and some other bugs. It's taken a bit too long, IMHO, to get a patch to released, but DeathSpank: ToV has a game breaking glitch that never got fixed. As I understand it, it's not always up to the devs on whether they spend the time and money to fix the game.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...