Game starts from Disc, even when its installed

niz3

Hi all,

i've installed this game to my hard drive (4,5 GB). Now when i start the game, the disc is spinning in my DVD-Drive. It seems my HDD-Installation is completely ignored. :(

Even when i start the DLC-Game the Disc is spinning. OMG this sucks so bad.

Any1 else got this problem?

Edited by niz3

I don't have this probelm but I read on gamefaqs people are having the same issue. They said if you play music from usb drive during the game (you can turn the volume down) then it should stop. I don't know how it works though.

From what I've read, the disc is spinning and it only seems to be doing it for people who have 360 slims.

Doing it for me too and I'm rockin' the Jasper unit.

Correction on Lymiss' post about the "fix", you don't have to play the music in the game, just be playing music while booting the game, once the game gets to the main menu you can turn it off. Neither method works more than the other or 100% of the time though.

I have an inquiry in with EA, but they are dodging the question. I asked if the game was optimized for installing with the 360, and they assumed my disc was dirty or that my console was broken. I am still waiting to hear back from my second e-mail.

If anyone hears anything please post... I miss my silent running xbox but love this game too much to stop playing :)

below is the response I got from EA, This didn't work for me.. oh well :(

Hello ,

We do appreciate your speedy response. The Alice Madness Returns game is the same for installation purposes as any other EA game. Have you made sure to remove the disc after installing? I also suggest trying an uninstall and reinstall after carrying out the below steps:

Reset the Xbox 360 clock by performing the steps listed below:

Press the Xbox Guide button on the controller to enter the Dashboard.

Sign out of Xbox Live by pressing the X button.

Select the System blade.

Select Console Settings and press the A button.

Select Clock and press the A button.

Change the date to 11/15/2005 and press the A button to accept.

Clear your console's cache:

From the Dashboard, click on My Xbox.

Select System Settings.

Select Memory.

Press Y to select Device Options, then Clear System Cache.

Reboot your console.

Should you require further assistance, you can update your ticket, add more information, screen shots, or other helpful documents, by logging into our support site at http://support.ea.com and clicking on the ‘My Questions’ link on the left-hand side of the page. Your reference number for this ticket is 110615-019577

Sincerely,

Christian D.

Electronic Arts Tier 3 Customer Support

Edited by MUDxTURTLE

Select the System blade.

Sincerely,

Christian D.

Wow.. Christian D. you sound the The Mad Hatter, lulz.

no, dont worry, it doesnt ;)

It doesn't affect gameplay, but the thing that worries me is that 360 disc drives appear to be made out of paper mache, and I don't want to wear the thing out. I have a slim, and am seeing the same as other people... the disc stops spinning at first, and then starts again during the Spicy Horse logo animation. Very annoying. Typical of EA to suggest a bog standard "clear your cache" solution... how would that ever help?!?! Unless I am being unfair here.

below is the response I got from EA, This didn't work for me.. oh well :(

Hello ,

We do appreciate your speedy response. The Alice Madness Returns game is the same for installation purposes as any other EA game. Have you made sure to remove the disc after installing? I also suggest trying an uninstall and reinstall after carrying out the below steps:

Select the System blade.

Clear your console's cache:

From the Dashboard, click on My Xbox.

Select System Settings.

Select Memory.

Press Y to select Device Options, then Clear System Cache.

Reboot your console.

Should you require further assistance, you can update your ticket, add more information, screen shots, or other helpful documents, by logging into our support site at http://support.ea.com and clicking on the ‘My Questions’ link on the left-hand side of the page. Your reference number for this ticket is 110615-019577

Sincerely,

Christian D.

cheers for the info, but i dont see how changing the clock on your 360 will change the fact that the 360 plays from disc rather than HDD even after an install. Btw i have a 250gb slim. Dunno why its doing it but no biggy as every other game i install to HDD. One game playing from disc wont harm.