Offline: 43 [870]

Online: 5 [130]

Approximate time: 30-35hrs

Minimum number of play-throughs needed: 3

Missable achievements: 0

Does difficulty affect Achievements? No

Unobtainable/glitched achievements?: No

Step 1 - Play through the World Tour

To achieve the 1million required for the ‘Tycoon’ achievement you will need to play through the world tour a minimum of 3 times, on your first world tour you should focus solely on collecting stars as your target is 750 for the ‘Ultimate Star’ achievement. The key to getting 750+ stars is buying agents at every occasion you can, as these are not available to season 2, make sure you save all your money (in season one) and resist the urge to buy any new clothes. As you will be focusing on the stars, you will miss out on most mini games and your fitness level will become an issue. This will mean every time you reach the semi-final or final of a Grand slam your ankle will go and it will near impossible to win the game due to movement being severely affected. This happened to me every time but I still hit 950 stars no issue. Make sure you buy the most expensive agents you can and try to compete in all special matches, sponsorship and charity events.

Step 2 - Play through the World Tour again

Now that you have the 'Ultimate Star' achievement, stars are not important. Focus purely on gaining money. The best way to do this is play mini games on the highest level you can, and compete in all Charity and Special matches. (Note - when playing a charity event equip yourself in full fancy dress, you will get 20,000 if you wear 6 items). Also, when you reach the Management menu, either buy 1-move tickets or Shuffle tickets, there is no need to buy agents. During this play through you can also buy the 50 items from the shop for the ‘Shopaholic’ achievement. By the end of the second play through you should be on about 500-600k and have most of the mini game achievements done (Wall Whiz, Balloon Popper, Great Sniper, Mother Hen... etc)

Step 3 – Play through the World Tour for a 3rd and final time

As you will have now unlocked Level 5-6 on each mini game, you will gain approx 4000-6000 each time you complete one (Make sure you pick the highest level you can comfortable do, if you fail you will only get 100). Again stars are not a priority, focus on making money. If by the end of the 3rd play through you still don't have 1million (you can check under my profile - medals), just start a new world tour and follow the tips above.

Once you have finally unlocked Tycoon you should have captured the majority of the shot type achievements. (100 super shots, strokes, smashes etc) and all of the mini game achievements. This will only leave you with Arcade Mode outstanding, Online and potentially the Royal Flush achievement.

Step 4 – Complete Arcade Mode (Singles/Doubles)

In total there is 5 achievements relating to this mode and they are all very easy. The first thing to do is start singles and choose Courier (or anyone else you choose) on HARD. Let the first game go to deuce 10-15 times, ensuring you play a variety of shots. If done properly you will finish the first match on around 2.5million+. Play out the next few games as normal (making sure you mix up your play) and you will breeze past 7,777,777 required for the achievement. For the 2x Arcade doubles achievements I chose Courier again and used Federer as my partner, I then put it on easy and completed the 4 games with no problem.

Step 5 – Meeting and beating King in Arcade Mode

Excellent guide on meeting King here (thanks Unholydarklotus)

King is the M Bison of Virtua Tennis and will be by far the toughest opponent you face. To counter his strong backhand style I used Federer and tried to rush to the net as soon as I could to cut down his angle. Simply choose a player or style that works for you and he isn't that hard.

Step 6 – Complete remaining SP achievements before going online

At this stage the only achievements remaining should by all the online stuff and any misc mini game ones you missed out on earlier, simply go though party mode and select the game you need. If you are missing any of the ‘X of a certain shot’, you can easily pick these up in MP.

Step 7 - Online

Up until now the game has been fairly fun but unfortunately this is where the fun stops. All the achievements can be very easily boosted but be warned they take a minimum of 15 hours of grinding. The ‘Online Debut’ and ‘First Online Victory’ will unlock in your first game and the ‘Online Streak’ will come 2 games later. The issue will be the ‘Online Master’ and ‘Online Veteran’ – as with any boosting there is no real quick fix and the best way to get these is to find a reliable online partner here. On how the ranking works I found a great guide over at PS3trophies.org:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/virtua-tennis-4/107241-rank.html (thanks to SuperPJ)

So after about 30-40 hours of play, you will have the full 1000/1000 in Virtua Tennis 4. Congrats!

Edited by LLC2003

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

Congratulations!

This Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member TemporalWizard and has been published as the Official x360a.org Roadmap! The link to the Official Roadmap is here:

Official x360a.org Virtua Tennis 4 (360) Roadmap

Official x360a.org Virtua Tennis 4 (360) Roadmap

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.

Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.

You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!