FAQs - Look Here Before Asking Questions.

Shaaady Souljah

Before anything else, please check the FAQ linked below. It most likely will answer your questions about PC gaming. The FAQ in this thread will only pertain to actual gameplay of Halo 2, not dealing with technical issues. If you have a technical issue, visit this thread:

FAQ: PC Games, Achievements and System Requirements

--------------------

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a question about the achievements in Halo 2 Vista.

Like thats a PC game, how can you get achievements there?

Will they be transfered to your gamercard? That would be kickass to have Halo 2 achievements there :D

• 3 weeks later...
I have a question. Say I was playing Gears of War on my 360. Could my Brother in law also be playing Halo 2 on his computer on my gamertag?

No. Just like with the 360, a gamertag can only be signed in in one place/machine at a time.

I have a question about the achievements in Halo 2 Vista.

Like thats a PC game, how can you get achievements there?

Will they be transfered to your gamercard? That would be kickass to have Halo 2 achievements there :D

Your gamertag is no longer a 360 tag, it's a Live tag. This means that it will have achievements for both 360 and PC games.

Can i play halo 2 vista whit a copy disc??

Probably not. Just buy the game.

Just one small question:D!

If I buy the game how to I activate my gamertag on the PC?

You just log in with it just like on the 360. The Live guide interface is almost exactally like the one on the 360.

• 7 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

You don't connect them. You install the game CD and it automaticly asks you for your live gamertag. You insert it, it applies an update to your CPU and adds the dashboard and everything.

After the update, you can play freely on your CPU. You can only be online on your PC or your 360, not both at the same time.

Hope this answers.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm curious, too, as to how compatible the game is with Windows7. I just recently got a new PC, and it's running the 64-bit version of W7. Has anyone heard of compatibility issues with Halo2? Thinking of picking it up, now that I finally have a computer that can run it properly. I'm assuming, when they said "for Vista only," that this was meant at the time of release to point out that it won't work with older operating systems (XP and backwards). But as for newer ones, you'd hope it works just fine. Especially for one of Microsoft's biggest titles, one which still sees quite a bit of online play.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
i am getting mixed answers to weather or not halo 2 will run properly on windows 7. I have a laptop with windows 7 and i realy want to get the halo 2 achievements on my gamescore. Will i have any problems on my laptop windows 7? I need a for sure confirmed answer, thanx!

It runs perfectly fine in Windows 7, 32-bit or 64-bit. I have it running on my PC in Windows 7 64-bit right now as I post this from my laptop, so I am 100% positive about this.