Two Worlds Review: 4 out of 10 - One of the Worst 360 Experiences

Weapon 117

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought the game yesterday after a long wait and spent ages in GAME deciding whether to but Shadowrun instead. So I bought Two Worlds got home played Bioshock then played two worlds and it was a bit dissapointing and now im adictied like more than ever the game was cheesy at first and glitchy cause i wasnt on live so i didnt download any updates if there are any but hey still a good game

good game and very addicting but the bugs will make you crazy. i had spots in MP where my charectar would just disappear and id look up in the sky and see all the npcs walking up there. id soon be up there with them and then it would just send me crashing back down to earth killing me instantly.:confused:

the only reason i brought is to beat my friend who really wanted the game so i thought id buy it and beat him BUT the online is terrable and they never even realesed the patch so if i had the choice between this or oblivion i would would chose obvlivion cause the story is more in deth and has a better story so u know but its my opion

Okay, quickly here are my thoughts. I've only played the game for about 7 hours, but I feel that qualifies me to make something of an opinion.

Just a quick reminder, Oblivion was hella glitchy as well. I thought I had a bad disc at first since it crashed about once every 20 minutes. Crashing is much more annoying that a less than perfect framerate.

What I don't like about 2W.

- The map system needs to be redone.

- There is no way to organize the inventory

- The spoken dialogue is too much to tolerate at times. Why must the main character be the worst?

- Stop chasing me wolves

- The graphics, detail, and framerate should be better.

- Horse riding is terrible.

Things I do like about 2W.

- Amount of customization

- Ease of alchemy. Its simple, straightforward and actually worth doing

- Amount of side quests. I only recently started working on the main story. I was having too much fun with side quests.

- Unlike other games such as Diablo, I can actually afford to purchase gear that is better than what I currently have, AND still have some left over.

- Thieving is worthwhile, not TOO risky

- The draw distance is great. I love standing on top of a high hill and being able to see for literally miles.

- The spell system is great. I always play a warrior/barbarian type when I do RPGs, but this is the first one that has me doing plenty of magic. Not sure how they did it, but I am enjoyng using magic for the first time ever, and its very easy to do. This is really making the whole experience much more enjoyable for me.

Overall I'd give it a strong 7 out of 10. Its a good game that I personally happen to really enjoy.

Not a bad game, definitely not a good one though. If you're looking for an OK game you can play for about 20-30 hourse before you get tired of all the problems... this is the game for you. It has its moments of genius, but it also has too many problems to be considered AMAZING as some of you like to think of it. Give us some damn video sequences once in a while for the story's sake, would ya? And now i hate horses because of this game, thank god i dont own any... dont know what I'd do.

And another thing, the inventory screen was horrible... having to move over every object to get where I want to go... give us some organization by item type (and I dont mean sort them out like they do, thats the same as throwing it all into one big pile at your feet and telling you, ok, the sword is under this side somewhere, oh, and the 50% lightning stone is over here under some stuff in this corner, happy digging!) They shouldve taken lessons when Oblivion was being the substitute teacher and learned how to organize items and QUESTS. After i finish a quest, remove it please, put it anywhere, the garbage, I dont care. I dont want to have to scroll through every quest the game has to offer (if ive beaten it or not) just to get to something I wanted to do at the bottom.

When I first picked up Two Worlds I put it in my 360 and played for about 20 mins...It was dissapointing. Lag, Cheesy Characters, Retarded Lip Syncing. I had been looking forwrd to Two worlds for months. Quite frankly it wasnt the game I had been hoping for. I then decided to give it another try and play for at least an hour. I did not stop for hours. I was hooked. The gameplay is very addictive. I know that it has been said to death but "The first hour is an obstacle." If anybody is a fan of RPG's and liked Oblivion(hopefully you can get past the fact that Two Worlds borrowed heavily) You will like Two Worlds. In my opinion Two Worlds is better. Give it a try. For those narrow minded people that whine about it.... why do you post! You either are not a fan of RPG's or you did not play for more than 2 hours (the learning curve). Hope this helped!

- Lon3wolf 69

Not true, I played the entire game, and while it was hard getting used to the graphics (especially in the inventory, they were horrible), I did enjoy the game... not very much though. I liked the spells and their easiness of use, and I liked the variety of monster (dragons especially), or how you could attack rabbits or even foxes. But, the game lacked everywhere else, the map wasn't the easiest to navigate nor was the quest or inventory screen. Even a simple task like riding a horse made me frustrated... the damn horse wouldn't do a thing i said... until i got off and whistled for him, he'd run over spikes for me then, sheesh! Now I'm not trying to say there is nothing good about the game. combining weapons for better stats, cool; Fighting dragons, sweet; Even the load times were something to marvel over and made the game that much cooler, when i took the teleport, the game playing was instantaneous, never missed a beat, just as it should be. That doesn't make up for the game, which, (as we've heard before) seems like ti was released just too early. Push it back if you have to, give us some quality, and a hell of a lot more effort (there were no actual video sequences for the story, wtf?)

Edit: AND I love RPGs too... not really a FPS kinda guy, 'cept Halo... Halo 2, no thank you, story sucked balls... the first Halo 2 E3 video looked sooooo good though... lol, way off topic.