Film - Video Games Finally learnt one lesson ?

I for one can clearly state that film to games usually suck monkey balls - with a few exceptions. However Chris Evans has been confirmed to be lending his vocal chords to the Captain America: Super Soldier video game -

Which to me at least is taking a step in the right direction for movie games to be honest - Its never gonna be a Batman:Arkham Asylum but at least it wont suck as much lol

Also Iam pretty sure Chris Hemsworth and the chap that is playing Loki in the Thor film our also giving their voices to the Thor game.

Does this at last mean no more dreadful video game voices ?? - I doubt but hay ho - Its a step ... but a step none the less :) lol

source: http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/114/1149737p1.html

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I dont mind movie/video game tie-ins. Easy gamerscore!

Did you play Thor? That game is still giving me nightmares. The last level is one of the most frustrating things I have ever played...and that was on easy. No level select? It's almost like they tried to make it harder to get achievements. I was ready to buy Captain America since I'm a big fan, but after trying Thor I have no faith in Sega/Marvel games.

• 3 weeks later...

I think this game is going to be crap, the move set is crap the look is crap, in fact i'll just get Green Lantern instead, the other film to video games reason is because of the gamerscore, most of them are easy gamerscore....some on the other hand aren't.

• 4 weeks later...
Did you play Thor? That game is still giving me nightmares. The last level is one of the most frustrating things I have ever played...and that was on easy. No level select? It's almost like they tried to make it harder to get achievements. I was ready to buy Captain America since I'm a big fan, but after trying Thor I have no faith in Sega/Marvel games.

Not touched Thor after seen the terrible review score it got on most gamersites. Plus i wasn,t to much intrested in that game anyways. What i seen so far from Captian America:Super Soldier sure got me intrested enough to realy get my hands on it the day its released. I had wished for somewhat more varied achievement pictures because lately gamedevelopers tend to very simplistic achievements pictures. In this game i could imagine they could have use a picture of the different ereas or bosses you defeated or so. I seen the E3 demo and it sure not looks bad. Even the graphics and enemies look nice. Then again Captian America may not suit everybody, he,s more the close combat guy except from the shield trowing option you have for the most part its up close and personal. In general you face german soldiers (at least they look like them) and some of the well known baddies from the comic book series.

Mabye just mabye can Sega pull it of the have at least one game based on Marvel comics that earns more respect and a better gamescore then the other Sega/Marvel games so far.

Yea, I'm semi-excited for this game. Other Marvel games can go to hell (I'm talking to you, Iron Man 2 and that "Defeat ULTIMO with no armor damage" bullshit). DC's Superman Returns also sucked, but Batman: Arkham Asylum was amazing. I haven't tried Thor or Green Lantern yet (probably not Thor, though; seems like a grind), but I do at least want to rent this game if it's easy enough (i.e. no major grinding).