Frustration with betrayals.

mig0

Today I was lucky but was still frustrated. Was playing Multi Flag CTF on Valhalla in big team battle. The teams were fairly even but 2 reds quit so blue (us) was going to take the lead and keep it. We had each captured a flag by that tme. I've CTFed maybe 5 times in the ~50+ games Ive played on BTB so it's not something Ive done much of.

Earlier in the match I was betrayed but it was an accident I think... a warthog slammed into me. No big deal other than dying when I had the spartan but oh well. So about 8 minutes into the match, flag is in the middle of the field. I had been killed before, trying to return it & this guy, instead of shooting at red, simply waited for me to die to grab the flag only to get wiped out by the horde of red swarming by the flag.

About 2 minutes later, the flag was much closer to our side of the map. I get ready to CTF and he betrays me to ctf himself. He'd already captured the flag once and was going for #2, but someone else grabbed the flag and got the point. I was pissed. So again 2 minutes later, he has the flag. I attempt to hit him from behind but it doesnt kill him. And he starts the flag tossing thing. So I swoop in behind him and grab the flag. He proceeds to try to betray me again. He throws 2 plasma grenades. Fails to stick me and got too close to #2 and "commits suicide". HAH HAH FRAKKING HAH you POS. Another guy up the ramp tries to betray me but 1 hit with the assault rifle wasnt enough. I capture the flag, game ends. If I could find out how to edit the video from 12 minutes down to 5 I would upload it; I'm tempted to upload it to youtube if I ever bother to capture it to my laptop.

The thing is (and point of this post), why the hell does the option to boot the betrayer not consistently show up? This is where I get frustrated; if it were consistently applied, betrayals would be an annoyance but one that could be dealt with properly. I could've booted this guy so he wouldn't betray me the 2nd time. I did give him a bad player review but that isn't a big deal.

Today I was lucky but was still frustrated. Was playing Multi Flag CTF on Valhalla in big team battle. The teams were fairly even but 2 reds quit so blue (us) was going to take the lead and keep it. We had each captured a flag by that tme. I've CTFed maybe 5 times in the ~50+ games Ive played on BTB so it's not something Ive done much of.

Earlier in the match I was betrayed but it was an accident I think... a warthog slammed into me. No big deal other than dying when I had the spartan but oh well. So about 8 minutes into the match, flag is in the middle of the field. I had been killed before, trying to return it & this guy, instead of shooting at red, simply waited for me to die to grab the flag only to get wiped out by the horde of red swarming by the flag.

About 2 minutes later, the flag was much closer to our side of the map. I get ready to CTF and he betrays me to ctf himself. He'd already captured the flag once and was going for #2, but someone else grabbed the flag and got the point. I was pissed. So again 2 minutes later, he has the flag. I attempt to hit him from behind but it doesnt kill him. And he starts the flag tossing thing. So I swoop in behind him and grab the flag. He proceeds to try to betray me again. He throws 2 plasma grenades. Fails to stick me and got too close to #2 and "commits suicide". HAH HAH FRAKKING HAH you POS. Another guy up the ramp tries to betray me but 1 hit with the assault rifle wasnt enough. I capture the flag, game ends. If I could find out how to edit the video from 12 minutes down to 5 I would upload it; I'm tempted to upload it to youtube if I ever bother to capture it to my laptop.

The thing is (and point of this post), why the hell does the option to boot the betrayer not consistently show up? This is where I get frustrated; if it were consistently applied, betrayals would be an annoyance but one that could be dealt with properly. I could've booted this guy so he wouldn't betray me the 2nd time. I did give him a bad player review but that isn't a big deal.

The game has a hard time deciding if it was an accident or on purpose. It doesnt even decide at all actually. It just gives you the option if the player betrays you in between his own deaths a certain amount of times, or if he has lately betrayed a lot of people (in past games).

Wow. He probably betrayed you so that he can feel like he achieved something by capping all of the flags. I hate these H-Mos.

The game has a hard time deciding if it was an accident or on purpose. It doesnt even decide at all actually. It just gives you the option if the player betrays you in between his own deaths a certain amount of times, or if he has lately betrayed a lot of people (in past games).

Yea, it's pretty fucked up when I get betrayed on purpose twice and then betray him once and get booted.

Not sure, but I hardly ever get the fucking screen popping up to bot people and it gets really annoying.

People who think they deserve power weapons more, kids who have no life and just suck at the game which having nothing better to do then be retarded.

Bungie really fucks this part of the game up. Sounds stupid, but maybe they should just take team fire off, it would save us from all of this. I don't see a better way of fixing it though.

Game would be much simpler if it only forgave one betrayal per game per person. I.e. XxDouchebagxX kills 1 team member, game says ok shit happens. On second betrayal, regardless of who he did it to nor how much time has passed, give the option. Third one (if they are forgiven) they are auto-removed from the server, done.

But that 3-strikes-and-you're-out would suck in grifball where I see lots of betrayals where people try to launch themselves towards the bomb, only to fail...

Also, how about things like team rockets / laser tag / etc that come up in double-exp ...

I never betray teammates unless it's a friendly custom game, but I've also had multiple accidental betrayals in matchmaking social games when tanks are involved too.

I got to say that I hate the betrayal system in this game; so many accidental TKs that got me kicked. And yet, one game, over 10 betrayals and no kick, lol.

Oh and lesson learned; never go to the enemy base to get the flag, you will never get the score.

But that 3-strikes-and-you're-out would suck in grifball where I see lots of betrayals where people try to launch themselves towards the bomb, only to fail...

Also, how about things like team rockets / laser tag / etc that come up in double-exp ...

I never betray teammates unless it's a friendly custom game, but I've also had multiple accidental betrayals in matchmaking social games when tanks are involved too.

Well, they wouldn't have to do that in gametypes where betrayals are a common thing.

I get frustrated with betrayals too. If some douche is continually betraying me and I get no option to boot, I usually provoke them until I do get the option.

Well, they wouldn't have to do that in gametypes where betrayals are a common thing.

I get frustrated with betrayals too. If some douche is continually betraying me and I get no option to boot, I usually provoke them until I do get the option.

Good point. I think they purposely disable betrayal-based booting in those gametypes.

In BTB social on avalanche, I betrayed my teammates 4 times in the same game while in a tank: 1) I accidentally shot our warthog while they were fending off a close-by ghost 2) I accidentally shot our ghost while they were close to a stuck enemy warthog 3) I twice killed teammates while shelling the close-by tunnel to the other base.