orange potion drop rate question.

forgive me if im not being very helpful, i havent played the game for more than a year. there are invisible guys on the desert world that drop them the most frequently. having higher luck does help, but not as much as you think it would. youd have to have a really, really, REALLY high luck to get them in sets of 2 or more/

• 2 months later...

playing with more people makes for better loot and I read somewhere that using the yellow potion, not synthesizing it, before say a boss death that your items dropped are crazy good. been meaning to try it with my static on extreme. so far without I've been getting 2-5 potions of various orange/blue/yellow potential every boss fight except Encablossa who usually gives a few flowers of harmony instead.

if you do happen to have a high luck try using the luck(whichever color it is I forget :confused:) potion before performing the group massacre of "The Invisible" or any of the bosses may help a bit :)

• 3 years later...

The max AI cap for luck is 1801 going any above that is wasted

if someone tells you they run through the last ice board and drops 2-4 orange pots per run they are lieing

ok so i tested this with my 120 regnier

Clear all of the lower levels in the fourth stage of the valley of solitude called "where she resides" where all the invisibles are

I guarantee at least 1 orange potion every 2 runs

there will usually be a few runs with no drops then there can be a few runs where 4 are dropped per run, luck increases your chance for ANY item or gold to drop from an enemy, not a specific one, using extortion adds to this chance so the possibility of a single named item dropping is dependent upon the game's random generator

• 2 months later...
The max AI cap for luck is 1801 going any above that is wasted

if someone tells you they run through the last ice board and drops 2-4 orange pots per run they are lieing

ok so i tested this with my 120 regnier

Clear all of the lower levels in the fourth stage of the valley of solitude called "where she resides" where all the invisibles are

I guarantee at least 1 orange potion every 2 runs

there will usually be a few runs with no drops then there can be a few runs where 4 are dropped per run, luck increases your chance for ANY item or gold to drop from an enemy, not a specific one, using extortion adds to this chance so the possibility of a single named item dropping is dependent upon the game's random generator

I've seen up to 5/8 orange potions in 1 area. There is no luck cap!

Edited by bros 1337