Achievement Discussion

Hard is able to be selected from the start, its also really easy.

Glad to hear, I'm definitely gonna play it on hard from the start. Do the combat/abilities make you feel a lot more powerful as you level up? Or does the difficulty scale to you as you get more powerful?

Glad to hear, I'm definitely gonna play it on hard from the start. Do the combat/abilities make you feel a lot more powerful as you level up? Or does the difficulty scale to you as you get more powerful?
I'd like to know this too. Has anyone confirmed if the Hard Difficulty achievement requires a FULL playthrough on HARD (or can you switch to hard at the end of the game?) - Does HARD achievement only apply to the "Main questline"?

I'd like to know this too. Has anyone confirmed if the Hard Difficulty achievement requires a FULL playthrough on HARD (or can you switch to hard at the end of the game?) - Does HARD achievement only apply to the "Main questline"?

commen sense says no, why wud they make it so u can just switch difficulty at very end and get profit.

When you go into the menu and try and change difficulty a menu pops up saying that changing difficulty in the middle of a playthrough negates your opportunity to earn certain achievements. With that in mind I'd say you cannot change difficulty once you start on hard. Overall though hard isn't that tough so it's really not worth the risk of trying to 100% confirm that you can change difficulties at the end.

Anybody else happy this list doesn't involve leveling achievements? I feel like that's such a played-out way to fill up 5 more achievements, it's kinda refreshing to do other stuff than worry about my level.

There is a leveling achievement, you need a top tier Destiny achievement and it requires 109 pts. You get 3 pts per level so yeah you're gonna need to level a bit.

Any thoughts on what the most difficult achievement is yet? Or even most time-consuming?

So far for me Out of Your League was pretty tough, but that's mainly because I'm playing on Hard I figure. Had to run to a cave in Webwood at level 3 and fight some red Kobolds. It took a lot of potions (melee dmg boost, etc as well) and a full reckoning meter just to kill one, but it was worth it. Boosted me to level 4 instantly and got the cheevo.

There is an achievement for killing 500 enemies with abilities, I understand that this pertains specifically to the four 'powers' that can be mapped to the face buttons.

But if I am playing as a tank do I get credit for this total if I am smashing critters with my hammer while using an active buff like berserker rage or relentless assault...? :confused:

I may have to respec to a mage/rouge type to bag that one.

I would guess that it doesn't Bergy3. I've killed tons with Envenomed Edge active and never got my achievement until I started finishing enemies off with Shadow Flare.

That's just my guess though since I haven't focused on the might skill tree much other than the health bonus and bonus dmg to stunned enemies skills.

• 2 months later...

just one question about the difficulty-settings: if i play on hard, save, change the difficulty to "easy" for the "kill an enemy 4 levels higher than you"- achievement and after this i reload my old save - will i still be able to unlock the achievement for beating the game on hard or do i have to start over?

Anyone know if the persuasion achievement is tracked through multiple playthroughs or does it have to be in a single playthrough?

single playthrough i think. there should be plenty though. after i unlocked the achievement i found myself just finding a crap ton of dialogue persuasion points without even wanting it. the dlc will help too. do sidequests.

just one question about the difficulty-settings: if i play on hard, save, change the difficulty to "easy" for the "kill an enemy 4 levels higher than you"- achievement and after this i reload my old save - will i still be able to unlock the achievement for beating the game on hard or do i have to start over?

i saw earlier that reloading a save from previous doesn't negate the hard achievement. so you should be able to unlock it, then go to a previous save and be good.

• 1 month later...

Great, 2 achievements from getting a full 1000... but of course, im screwed out of 1. I cannot get the Loremaster achievement because I cannot get Castle Windemere anymore because im already done with the House of Ballads quests...

I had almost every single Lorestone.... hours and hours hunting them down, all for nothing. There's no way im up for doing that again. but if anyone knows a trick to finishing this up, please let me know. thanks.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Great, 2 achievements from getting a full 1000... but of course, im screwed out of 1. I cannot get the Loremaster achievement because I cannot get Castle Windemere anymore because im already done with the House of Ballads quests...

I had almost every single Lorestone.... hours and hours hunting them down, all for nothing. There's no way im up for doing that again. but if anyone knows a trick to finishing this up, please let me know. thanks.

what?

The guide doesn't say it's missable...

Yep, I checked before I posted, just to be sure.

100% correct. You can still access Castle Windmere, I did so today whilst collecting the lorestones.

I've got quite a few missing, some lorestone blocks are still grey yet this achievement popped quite recently. It's nice to see the DLC lorestones are taken into consideration.