Glitch me this??

JT Fever

So i am sure most of us have suffered a glitched achievement of some kind, my most recent being The Darkness, my SP stats reset half way through the game on collectables.

Therefore has anyone ever had a DLC achievement unlock when they have not purchased the DLC, i am betting.......NO

So if they can 100% get it right that way, how come i had to get kills with those dam darklings again :uzi:

Maybe its been a long day at work but my B$ :eek: meter is detecting more work goes into ensuring locked until paid for, than ensuring unlocked when paid for :mad:

I think he is somehow trying to link the fact that DLC achievements don't unlock until you've purchased the DLC (which would be a "good" glitch) but there are many instances where stats will reset (his Darkness example) which causes more work before normal achievements unlock (which is a "bad" glitch).

I don't understand the point of the thread past what point he was trying to make though.

Not trying to be a smartass but I did have dlc achievements unlock not owning the dlc. It was in left 4 dead 2. Anyways that does suck. For the most part, we all have had our shit corrupt or erased .

This happened to me twice. I unlocked an achievement for Crash Course in LEft 4 Dead 1 when I didn't own the DLC and then for the Noble DLC in Halo: Reach when I hadn't bought it yet.

Well as stupid as my initial rant was, it looks like from the replies i was wrong, and that developers can also get it wrong the other way. I guess i was ranting because having to play through a game again after my counter reset pissed me of.

I assumed (guilty again) that if we were having to pay for extra content that the developers would have a water tight hold on achievements.

I guess it is just a GLiTcH

Therefore has anyone ever had a DLC achievement unlock when they have not purchased the DLC, i am betting.......NO

In the original Crackdown, if you play with a host who has the DLC but you do not, you still have access to everything in it. So you can get all of the achievements without having to purchase the DLC yourself.

I've experienced the same unlocks as BiggD; 20-Car Pileup and actually a fair few from Reach. I also had several unlock in Halo 4 without buying the DLC, and one refuse to unlock even after buying it. To sum it up: Glitches suck, in every case. I suppose it's nice when a glitch works in your favor, but I prefer consistency, and predictable outcomes.

• 11 months later...
Well actually it has happened before. Many people have noted to have unlocked the Double Double achievement in Halo:Reach without having the required Noble DLC.

I randomly unlocked the "Noble Elite" achievement in a match one time. It is for killing an enemy on a Ghost with the armor lockup perk. I never used that perk. I always stuck with the jetpack. It happened out of nowere, I didn't even destroy any vehicles that match.

I have achieved "glitched" achievement in Slender The Arrival.

I was trying to obtain "Fire proof" achievement. I was keep starting the last level and I was trying to run through the forrest without touching the fire. The achievement is given at the end of the level. So, after the trial in which I didn't touch the fire I finished the level and I also get the achievement Speed Runner III (finish the game under 45 minutes - I've done it under 20 minutes, but only the last level).

Nice.