Online Servers

TE4RIN IT UP

Think of it as a test; it's free to play so a good guestimate for Microsoft how they gonna do the next free to play games and the amount of people/servers they expect to have :)

well, we had that free game a couple years ago (1vs100 i think). you'd think they would have worked on it already

well, we had that free game a couple years ago (1vs100 i think). you'd think they would have worked on it already

That's a lot less traffic in a game... Everyone pressing 1 button every 20-odd seconds in "1 vs 100" or everyone rushing, shooting, casting spells and other stuff in Happy Wars...

Even before it was released publically the servers had problems. If you cannot connect good to EVERYBODY in the game then you get kicked out. It makes finding games a bit of a pain in the ass, but once you find a game there is no lag.

Only game I experieced "lag" (not sure if that's what it was) was against a team of lvl 35+. Everybody was frozen except for me, my friend, and 1 person on the other team. With how fast that other person got over to out castle, I wonder if that was on purpose. Anyways we killed him and took their castle with only 1 person trying to stop us.

It seems incrediably idiotic to blame your userbase for a server issue, that you had a week or so to meddle with in a pre-release.

Even when i was playing then,co-op games would stop mid match due to me "failing to connect to other players in the match", despite this sort of thing never,EVEr occuring to me in a major retail game.

It seems incrediably idiotic to blame your userbase for a server issue, that you had a week or so to meddle with in a pre-release.

Even when i was playing then,co-op games would stop mid match due to me "failing to connect to other players in the match", despite this sort of thing never,EVEr occuring to me in a major retail game.

Other major retail games will connect you to people that you cannot connect to well. Which results in lag during the match.

They should make it optional for people who want to play more matches, but have more lag.

The matchmaking algorithm is horrible. Anyone else notice that they fill up your team first and then go look for the enemy team? It would be better to fill up the lobby first (regardless of team), then divvy up the teams based on rank. Played a few games where the levels were completely lopsided, with noobs (level 5 or below) on one team, and the other had a ton of double digits.

Yeah I found it to be the worst when I was trying to play with buddies, When I played solo however it always seemed to work better.

I've noticed the same thing. I tend to get disconnected a lot more if trying to play with a friend than if it is just me. I have been disconnected quite a bit just by myself though.

looks like they changed the matchmaking a bit but it's still stupid. you can join mid way through a game but thing is, you have to level up during the game to access the skill tree. having to go up against a team that has almost all level 5 while most of your team quit so you're stuck with level 1 :rolleyes:

at least, it's an improvement