Missing scene from trailer?

AeroSpartacus

A bit of a random question, but has anyone seen the scene with Elizabeth trying to revive the horse using a tear and failing? I just finished the game and don't remember seeing it unless I was really spacing out or something. I realize scenes are dropped or changed a lot, but it was shown in the majority of pre-release trailers/previews/etc. so I thought it would be somewhere in there.

A good example of that would be the way you discover Murder of Crows vigor, in the videos it was round a gazebo, a man giving a political speech and then you being attacked by a guy with crows before you kill him and take the MoC vigor and try to snipe the speech guy as he escapes on the skyline....nothing like that in the actual game.

A good example of that would be the way you discover Murder of Crows vigor, in the videos it was round a gazebo, a man giving a political speech and then you being attacked by a guy with crows before you kill him and take the MoC vigor and try to snipe the speech guy as he escapes on the skyline....nothing like that in the actual game.

I remember seeing that, and also thought that was an amazing scene. It was better than the Murder of Crows vigor scene that is currently in the game.

I'm glad someone brought this up because all the while I've been playing I've been thinking about alot of these same scenes. I'm going to have to rewatch that original ten minute gameplay reveal again and take a closer look at it.

Edit: I hate to say it but almost eveything in this video looks better than what we got. The graphics look better, that giant canon was cool, the kinesis power that's missing, the blood spatter damage indicator, the city looked more fully realized when he was skyling through, huge mobs of enemies, I could go on. Alot of subtle differences and alot of huge differences. Still a great game but, wow. That just reinforces my distaste for trailers years before a game releases.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8z6FOL0G1c]Bioshock Infinite: 10 Minute Demo Gameplay [HD] - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by WalterWhite

well in the demo he changed into some possessed evil thing, which doesn't really happen with normal people in the finished game. They were probably throwing around ideas at the time.

I'm glad someone brought this up because all the while I've been playing I've been thinking about alot of these same scenes. I'm going to have to rewatch that original ten minute gameplay reveal again and take a closer look at it.

Edit: I hate to say it but almost eveything in this video looks better than what we got. The graphics look better, that giant canon was cool, the crow on the arm animation, the kinesis power that's missing, the blood spatter damage indicator, the city looked more fully realized when he was skyling through, huge mobs of enemies, I could go on. Alot of subtle differences and alot of huge differences. Still a great game but, wow. That just reinforces my distaste for trailers years before a game releases.

Haha i really didnt like it now that I've played the actual game. Elizabeth's powers are bloody crazy... i like her ability with the tears much more. I think the way they refined the game now is perfect. The kinesis power is cool and all, but i feel they kind of got that done with the return to sender Vigor - minus the ability to take their guns and shoot them with it of course.

Even when that demo got released I was skeptical that was actual final gameplay. There's too many variables. What if Booker didn't charge the guy over the platform? What if the guy didn't land on the crate? What if Booker managed to actually snipe the guy on the skyline and not purposely miss? What if he shot him when he was next to the cannon instead of the other guy? What if Booker didn't steal the shotgun? What if you didn't shoot him at all? What if you shot him at a different angle? Would the piano still get destroyed?

Way to many what-ifs.

Not to mention the official advertisement that they showed just before the games release.

You know the one, where Booker save Elizabeth from being hanged? Nothing even remotely close to that sequence happens in the game, most especially Booker one-shotting a Handyman.

I do remember this trailer, I remember having to temper my expectations because it look way too ambitious. Which is maybe why it was delayed awhile. I can't compare the graphics because the style of the graphics now look incredible. This trailer reeks of that "Actual Gameplay" bullshot type feel. So to compare to the current game feels unfair.

The one thing that DID make it to the final game was the woman sweeping the floor while the fire raged around her.

I am loving this game immensely and am not disappointed at all that it doesn't compare to 2 years ago.

And Elizabeth with her powers? I think might have been too much. I think that's why we can combine the vigors.

And Kyle Baker is definitely a good fit for the current DeWitt.

All in all it was cool to see the videos from a couple of years ago just to gander at what changes were made.

I noticed this as well and I don't mind that it's different. Helps keep the game fresh. I hate when promotional stuff shows too much.

I, too, was looking forward to the part where Elizabeth tries to save the horse. I was a little disappointed that neither that nor the attempted hanging from the TV commercial were included. However, thinking about it now I agree that I value the fact that they released footage not in the game so as to not spoil anything.

I wish they would have kept the look of the Handyman from the original trailer. I liked the handlebar mustache he had. Perhaps future DLC will have the Saltonstall character who was giving the speech in the park, who kinda transforms into a demon looking creature.

• 2 weeks later...

Outside Xbox did a good video of the changes the game has undergone since its early days. I suppose this was always going to happen with a game in development for so long. Some of the original stuff looked quite ambitious.

The video can be found on YouTube. Sorry I'm on my phone and don't know how to attach vids.

Edit: I hate to say it but almost eveything in this video looks better than what we got. The graphics look better, that giant canon was cool, the kinesis power that's missing, the blood spatter damage indicator, the city looked more fully realized when he was skyling through, huge mobs of enemies, I could go on. Alot of subtle differences and alot of huge differences. Still a great game but, wow. That just reinforces my distaste for trailers years before a game releases.

I agree 100%. I would rather have this in our game than what we got. Personally, I don't think content should ever be cut or changed from a game, only added and improved. They could have polished up the way this demo worked out, and it would have been kick ass.