A Question that may Spark Debate....

wearifulosprey9

Hello there, I was recently console banned from Xbox live for the whole "downloading content from other regions" Here's the thing:

I WILL get another Xbox 360, pre-loved and buy more gold memberships, I have a slim black 360 and a hardrive to go with it,

My account is fine, what I want to ask is this; now my console is constantly offline, and as I already earned some achievements in the games i downloaded ( Rayman, wrc etc ) is it now safe to play these games offline, earn the achievements and then delete them all before putting my hardrive into a new console? I read that as my account is fine it shouldn't interfere with any of the legit games I've brought so will the fact I would have a 1000g in rayman bother them?

I don't want to get another console ban for having achievements I never bought the games for, does that make sense?

Or should I delete all games from other regions and be done with it?

Would they even be able to tell that these were the games downloaded illegally?

That's the rough part about it. They can based on your download history and how they flag stuff, but even if you tried to go back and purchase the titles you downloaded, you can't. Because in your profile it acts like you legitimately acquired them and XBox LIVE is built so that you can't accidentally re-buy the exact same content. It's a pickle.

I did the tricks, downloaded the games, and as I completed one of them last week, two more sit on my HDD awaiting completion. I have also been neither console-banned or had the account playing these games banned. Heck, even the Oman account is still just fine.

Damn, dude, they didn't even get your Oman account? Nice. I wish I had gotten to enjoy Rayman Legends in the very brief time I had it, haha.

I've been hypothesizing that the main thing they're sore at was the method used to obtain Injustice and Arcania. I didn't snag those as that seemed iffy.

I still believe it was Rayman Legends. A brand new game for free is much more likely to draw Microsoft's attention.

Edited by Veedrock
MORE likely, damnit

I still believe it was Rayman Legends. A brand new game for free is much less likely to draw Microsoft's attention.

Yeah, but Rayman Legends was accessible in the same way the games besides Injustice and Arcania were: make foreign profile, click buy, profit. There were work-arounds and such for the other two and that's what I think they're sore about.

Though, clearly this is just my educated guess. Could easily be a ban in my near future and that would obviously alter my hypothesis.

Arguing with him is probably not going to go anywhere:

-"Support said there was no problem, now there is?"

-"He shouldn't have said that, we'll deal with him. Don't break our CoC."

-"But I downloaded something listed as free?"

-"How?"

-"By changing my region."

-"We don't recommend that."

And it'll loop back to the beginning. I'm letting my gold run out, the system still lets me cheevos, so I'll play other titles on my other offline one until I can synch my profile back up.

I wouldn't chance it at all if you got lucky. I didn't get any free games and now my account has been banned for 7,000 years. I'm not even sure what the hell I was banned for exactly because they still haven't notified me of anything, but I do have a foreign account that I bought some discounted games on, so I have no idea if that's it or not.

I still believe it was Rayman Legends. A brand new game for free is much more likely to draw Microsoft's attention.

Yeah, I'm sure that Microsoft was being pressured (or even threatened with a lawsuit) by Ubisoft to punish those who downloaded Rayman Legends for free since that would have severely impacted their sales figures for the game, whereas I don't think the people who got Dark/Injustice for free would have ever paid for it in the first place.

I wonder if Microsoft had to pay those publishers for all the cost associated with loss revenue for those games (and every other one that was free through an exploit), but I doubt we'll ever get an official answer to that by Microsoft.

Edited by Rapture639

Yeah, I'm sure that Microsoft was being pressured (or even threatened with a lawsuit) by Ubisoft to punish those who downloaded Rayman Legends for free since that would have severely impacted their sales figures for the game, whereas I don't think the people who got Dark/Injustice for free would have ever paid for it in the first place.

I wonder if Microsoft had to pay those publishers for all the cost associated with loss revenue for those games (and every other one that was free through an exploit), but I doubt we'll ever get an official answer to that by Microsoft.

I downloaded Rayman Legends. No issue. Also, Warner Brothers has been staunchly anti-pirating. If anyone was gonna pressure Microsoft, it'd be them.