Dodge WTF!?

Just turned this game on hoping for an enjoyable experience but these dodge mechanics are an absolute joke.

I can live with there being no prompt but having no consistency is extremely frustrating. And no tutorial or anything!?#

Is this maybe a problem left over from porting the game?

Can anyone offer me any tips on how do perfect this technique please?

There is no perfect technique to pull this off. In chapter 2 where you start with Jill, it tell you how you dodge with left and right RS analog stick + A button at a same time and it has to be a perfect timing to pull off. Tell you the truth, the dodge system that capcom set up is broken.

There are two ways to do this...

Up and down real fast when you are up close to the enemy OR rotate 360 degree RS analog stick. Here's two YouTube videos that show you how to do this. Both doing the different way.

[ame]

[/ame]

[ame]

[/ame]

To be honest, dodge system for this game is frustrating and maybe 80% of your trying doesnt work. Although, I love this game but my biggest problem is the dodge system. Hope this help.

• 2 weeks later...

Up and down real fast when you are up close to the enemy OR rotate 360 degree RS analog stick.

Those tips are complete BS. First of all, it's the left stick and not right. Also, you don't have to rotate anything, or press both up AND down. There are two ways to dodge:

1. LS up at the right moment, usually leaves you facing away from the enemy.

2. LS down + A at the right moment, usually leaves you facing towards the enemy.

To be honest, dodge system for this game is frustrating and maybe 80% of your trying doesnt work.

The dodge system works perfectly, it just takes a lot of practise. It's all about the right timing, you can't be too early or too late. And the correct time is different for each enemy and each type of attack. There's no quick way to master it other than by experience.

• 4 weeks later...
Just turned this game on hoping for an enjoyable experience but these dodge mechanics are an absolute joke.

I can live with there being no prompt but having no consistency is extremely frustrating. And no tutorial or anything!?#

Is this maybe a problem left over from porting the game?

Can anyone offer me any tips on how do perfect this technique please?

Here's what I've found. Forget the A button. Their instructions (and I use that term loosely because there is no tutorial) are dead wrong. What I've found to work (and only about 80% of the time because this mechanic IS broken by current-game standards) is simply pressing up on the left control stick (toward the enemy) as they attack you. The character should duck under the attack. I discovered this when I was grinding Raid Mode 12 - Observation Deck to level up this past weekend. It works almost all th time against that rock monster enemy. Just make sure you don't spam it, or it won't work. One push as they are close to hitting you.