No overheating for Xbox Slim

Brianzor

there is no way on this planet earth that microsoft has made developed created or reverse engineered a new xbox fully working without any glitches, ill be the first to bet against that.... Time will tell but i dont believe the hype for a second. The failure of the first xbox should be criminal i dont understand how they have not been totally recalled and a fix made... I remember the days that when you brought stuff they where sold to the consumer in total perfect working order....:(sort it out billy boy surely you have the finances too

there is no way on this planet earth that microsoft has made developed created or reverse engineered a new xbox fully working without any glitches, ill be the first to bet against that.... Time will tell but i dont believe the hype for a second. The failure of the first xbox should be criminal i dont understand how they have not been totally recalled and a fix made... I remember the days that when you brought stuff they where sold to the consumer in total perfect working order....:(sort it out billy boy surely you have the finances too

WTF are you talking about? No electronics device ever made has been perfect. ipods have had more problems than Britney Spears. The original NES didn't even work 50 % of the time unless you blew in the catridge, and computers have always had problems.

Not sure what fantasy world you've been living it, but MS extended the warranty to 3 years for RROD and E74. That was ok, but the Jasper eventually fixed the major problems that plagued the 360. The 360 has been mostly RROD free for a couple years now.

If its ring of death free there wouldnt be no post....

Not had a dodgy ipod or ipod touch or spectrum or commodore c16 or c64 or amstrad or supernintendo or nintendo ds or psp or mobile phone or playstation 1 2 or 3 but ive had 4 dodgy xbox's 2 of them where just before christmas too. And i know nothing is perfect but i dont expect something to break down before it seems dated to me or before the 1st yr of warranty. Not sure about yourself but i expect more from billy gates. Your probably just glad to be playing games, but i expect more from microsoft.

Interesting that they noted the unit was louder than the older SKU; I thought the newun was supposed to be quieter (or is that when under normal working conditions)?

You read it wrong. Read it again:

Hour 2: Exact same situation. Fans are running hard and the new Xbox 360 is noticeably louder, but nowhere near the old model.

WTF are you talking about? No electronics device ever made has been perfect. ipods have had more problems than Britney Spears. The original NES didn't even work 50 % of the time unless you blew in the catridge, and computers have always had problems.

Not sure what fantasy world you've been living it, but MS extended the warranty to 3 years for RROD and E74. That was ok, but the Jasper eventually fixed the major problems that plagued the 360. The 360 has been mostly RROD free for a couple years now.

#

If its ring of death free there wouldnt be no post....

Not had a dodgy ipod or ipod touch or spectrum or commodore c16 or c64 or amstrad or supernintendo or nintendo ds or psp or mobile phone or playstation 1 2 or 3 but ive had 4 dodgy xbox's 2 of them where just before christmas too. And i know nothing is perfect but i dont expect something to break down before it seems dated to me or before the 1st yr of warranty. Not sure about yourself but i expect more from billy gates. Your probably just glad to be playing games, but i expect more from microsoft.

Give it some time and a least a hundred thousand sells before even thinking about saying they fixed anything. And all consoles at one time or another have had problems, some more prevalent then others. For me my atari 2600, N64, PS2, original xbox, and PS3 (the original from day one release and ps2 backwards compatability) have been the most solid but I am sure others have different opinions or experiences. Hopeful some day I can add xbox 360 to this list but I am not holding my breath. I will hold out hope that the slim is better then original 360 and Jasper (have been many problems still with the jasper but better) but just hope the next xbox microsoft will try and learn from their mistakes.

It's no more premature to excuse it of flaws than it was to accuse it. Rumours popped up over a single console (from what I've seen) that had a problem.

In any case, I'm really not worried. I've never had RRoD once, and have only had 2 consoles. (One that got stolen and the Elite I got to replace it)

If I do get the 360 S, and it for whatever reason has a problem, so long as it's within the first year it'll be covered by warranty. No big deal there.

If it's following that, and an issue like RRoD, chances are Microsoft will do something to fix it much like they did with the extended warranty.

And if the absolute worst luck hits me and I get a bad console and can't get it replaced, then I'll pay for it to be repaired. It's really not that big of a deal to me.

I just got my system yesterday, and I love it so far. And this is coming from someone that has never owned an Xbox until now (I've owned every Playstation system, and thought there was no reason for me to ever buy one).

My first impression was a little overwhelming. I've downloaded 60 plus demos already, and there's so much more for me to experience. On the gaming front, I'm still waiting for some games I've ordered (Dead Rising and Alan Wake to name a couple), but I have downloaded three XBLA games (Castlevania: SOTN, Castle Crashers, and Zombie Apocalypse), and am having a blast with all three.

Last.fm is awesome, as is Netflix. I took advantage of the $1 Gold upgrade for 1 month, and have 3 12 Month Gold Subscriptions cards on the way (that's how highly I think of the service- even though PSN still remains free- I believe you get what you pay for with this service though).

I just got my system yesterday, and I love it so far. And this is coming from someone that has never owned an Xbox until now (I've owned every Playstation system, and thought there was no reason for me to ever buy one).

My first impression was a little overwhelming. I've downloaded 60 plus demos already, and there's so much more for me to experience. On the gaming front, I'm still waiting for some games I've ordered (Dead Rising and Alan Wake to name a couple), but I have downloaded three XBLA games (Castlevania: SOTN, Castle Crashers, and Zombie Apocalypse), and am having a blast with all three.

Last.fm is awesome, as is Netflix. I took advantage of the $1 Gold upgrade for 1 month, and have 3 12 Month Gold Subscriptions cards on the way (that's how highly I think of the service- even though PSN still remains free- I believe you get what you pay for with this service though).

Wow, jumping in with both feet! I also came late to the party (Christmas '08), but now the 360 is my favorite gaming system. I'm curious, what finally convinced you to purchase one? As a fan of gaming, I wanted one since it was released, but was scared off due to the reports of the massive hardware failures. Finally, I decided to take the plunge, figuring out that the system was as reliable as it was going to get by this point.

Wow, jumping in with both feet! I also came late to the party (Christmas '08), but now the 360 is my favorite gaming system. I'm curious, what finally convinced you to purchase one? As a fan of gaming, I wanted one since it was released, but was scared off due to the reports of the massive hardware failures. Finally, I decided to take the plunge, figuring out that the system was as reliable as it was going to get by this point.

That too had a lot to do with my decision to buy (no more RROD with the new Xbox Slim). I know the regular Elite system also has an almost zero failure rate, and I too was scared by all the negative things I'd read about XBox systems. However, the original 60 GB PS3 system I bought also had a YLOD (Yellow Light of Death it's been coined- kind of a mocking of the RROD) just 13 months after I bought it, and I had to pay $150 to get my system repaired (they sent me a brand new 60 GB system though- they said it was refurbished, but it was immaculate). Even Sony isn't fool-proof when it comes to hardware.

Anyway, I was blown away by the E3 presentation of the new system, and I felt that over the last 3 plus years I've cheated myself out of the gaming experience that Xbox provides.

I feel that Sony's PS3 is more of a Media Center (it's ability to play Blu-ray and almost all media out there), whereas Xbox 360 is more of a gaming machine (though I loved the ESPN announcement at E3). If I want to just sit down and play, then XBox is what I'm looking for.

Besides, there's some great games that are Xbox only (Alan Wake, GOW, Halo, etc.) that I've missed out on until now. I look forward to the day that one machine will play everything, but that day may never come. As a result, it's about time I added Xbox 360 to my collection (have a PS3, Wii, and Nintendo DSi as well).

That too had a lot to do with my decision to buy (no more RROD with the new Xbox Slim). I know the regular Elite system also has an almost zero failure rate, and I too was scared by all the negative things I'd read about XBox systems. However, the original 60 GB PS3 system I bought also had a YLOD (Yellow Light of Death it's been coined- kind of a mocking of the RROD) just 13 months after I bought it, and I had to pay $150 to get my system repaired (they sent me a brand new 60 GB system though- they said it was refurbished, but it was immaculate). Even Sony isn't fool-proof when it comes to hardware.

Anyway, I was blown away by the E3 presentation of the new system, and I felt that over the last 3 plus years I've cheated myself out of the gaming experience that Xbox provides.

I feel that Sony's PS3 is more of a Media Center (it's ability to play Blu-ray and almost all media out there), whereas Xbox 360 is more of a gaming machine (though I loved the ESPN announcement at E3). If I want to just sit down and play, then XBox is what I'm looking for.

Besides, there's some great games that are Xbox only (Alan Wake, GOW, Halo, etc.) that I've missed out on until now. I look forward to the day that one machine will play everything, but that day may never come. As a result, it's about time I added Xbox 360 to my collection (have a PS3, Wii, and Nintendo DSi as well).

Well, welcome to the party! Some games I would recommend include Mass Effect 1 & 2 (be sure to play the first one before the second to avoid spoilers, and to utilize the ability in the 2nd game to carry over the story decisions from the 1st), and Forza Motorsport (3 if you want the latest, but 2 is great also and a whole lot cheaper).

When I saw this unveiled at the E3 I nearly creamed myself, the look was one thing, but the HD, the WiFi and the quietness alone are hot points for me, but I am still skeptical that there will be hardware malfunctions....So I think I am going to wait until my current one craps on me then purchase the new one, by then there should be enough reviews that I will know if it is worth it.

I traded in my freshly refurbished 20gb system and also my arcade backup system. I got mine last friday which was the day they hit the stores in this area. Here we are just under a week later and its showing me a hard e68 code. My hard drive has failed:(

For the record this is the 4th 360 I have paid full price for. One of them got stolen.

Edited by HeHe Rifles