Challenge Accepted glitch

Gackt

Ok, I know some people have completed all challenges need for this achievement and it didn't pop up. I thought you guys must have been missing something until it happened to me today.

So I thought great...I'm screwed out of that achievement. Not true as I seem to have figured out the issue.

You can actually complete the requirements for a challenge you haven't unlocked yet like Catch a Rocket or Shotgun Sniper...then once you unlock them they will automatically complete. If this happens I believe they don't count and can screw you over.

So I killed Jenkins which was my last challenge for the achievement, it didn't unlock. So I decided to finished off level 5 of Shotgun Sniper hoping it would unlock...and it did. So if you have this issue, I recommend doing another level of Shotgun Sniper or Catch a Rocket if you haven't got them fully leveled up already.

Edit: Doesn't need to be Shotgun Sniper/Catch a Rocket. Apparently all you need to do is level up any challenge.

Thanks to Shaun72 for pointing this out.

Edited by Gackt

Jimmy Jenkins was my last challenge and challenge achieved hasn't unlocked. I've been playing as assassin so don't have shotgun sniper as a challenge.

anyone else played as Assassin and got 'Challenge Achieved to unlock by completing another challenge to level 5. Bit concerned as my badass rank is already over 10'000 and I may be running out of options.

Thank for any help

Edited by sjmleicester

Jimmy Jenkins was my last challenge and challenge achieved has unlocked. I've been playing as assassin so don't have shotgun sniper as a challenge.

anyone else played as Assassin and got 'Challenge Achieved to unlock by completing another challenge to level 5. Bit concerned as my badass rank is already over 10'000 and I may be running out of options.

Thank for any help

You unlock the shotgun sniper challenge for getting 750 point blank shotgun kills.

Hey guys, just finished all the level one challenges for the achievement but it didnt pop... ive ran through and double checked like 50 times and also completed another challenge in hopes it would recheck itself but no good.... anyone have this happen?

You must have missed one! There are challanges that unlock after u get lvl 5 in them.

Open Wide!

Kill 750 enemies from point-blank range with shotguns

• This challenge will unlock 'Shotgun Sniper' once level 5 is completed.
  • You're going to have to get close to the fight for this one. If you make a kill and are not close enough, it'll go towards the 'Shotgun Sniper' challenge.
  • A great place to farm this if needed, is either Bloodshot Stronghold, Southpaw Steam & Power or Tundra Express - Farmhouse.
  • Best spot to boost this is the Tundra Express.

Shotgun Sniper

Kill 10 enemies from long range with shotguns

• This challenge will unlock once level 5 of 'Open Wide!' is completed.
  • Opposite to 'Open Wide!'. So kill from a distance.
  • Not sure how long, long range is, but keep as much distance possible. Meaning you can still damage your enemies. You probably want to use an explosive shotgun. Their bullets travel pretty long distance and will also do some splash damage if you miss them.

Splish Splash

Kill 200 enemies with rocket launcher splash damage

• This challenge will unlock 'Catech-a-Rocket' once level 5 is completed.
  • Splash damage is like Area of Effect damage. Even if an enemy doesn't get hit directly by a rocket, if he stands to close to the explosion, he will receive damage.
  • A great location for this would be either Caustic Caverns or Tundra Express, with the masses of Varkids.

Catech-a-Rocket

Kill 5 enemies with direct rocket hits

• This challenge will unlock once level 5 of 'Splish Splash' is completed.
  • Self-explanatory.

So yeah i would bet money on that you are missing one of these..............

Also what i dont get is why someone posts something on a forum and then goes offline.......

That's why I don't even bother answering questions for certain people anymore. They get their answer and never acknowledge if it helped or not. Hit and run members, AKA people that only post threads asking for help and never contribute in any other way are one of my biggest pet peeves on this site.

For me it does.

I actually used it today on my tablet (Caustic Caverns question), and had no problems. Even found an answer.

Then either I'm the only person in the world (like always) who ever has this problem, or it just picks random times to work and not work. :p

Hmmm.....do these people have a fatal error with their eyeballs, though? That's all you need to see the stickied/already existing information.

+1

I levelled up the rocket launcher kills to 5 and rocket launcher splash to 5 afterwards and still no achievement. Very annoying. (playing as Assassin). Gearbox should have spotting this glitch during testing and fixed it.

Have found and killed Jimmy Jenkins on two other characters (with thanks to an annonymous player) now so hoping it will pop when I get their level one challenges finished. Didn't realise each characters level 1 achievements are slightly different.