Quick Way to Level Up

Mickey McMicks

So a pretty quick way to level up that doesn't involve pulling your internet connection or anything like that.

1. Start up new game+ (although I guess you could technically do this time around, you just get more exp. in new game+)

2. Play through the part where you rescue the downed helicopter pilot.

3. Once in the bunker there's a portal to another bunker you can't get to any other way.

4. Kill the Suicider that's by the bed. In that room is 2 bottles of water. Every time you leave via the portal and go back in they reset.

5. Rinse and repeat over and over (the Suicider doesn't respawn every time.)

6. Once you have a lot of water (I'd usually pick up around 100) take them to Kim in the Necter of Life side quest. The amount of exp. went up the more I leveled up. I was getting between 2k and 2.5k exp per waterbottle.

7. Just repeat this until you get to where you want. I went from 43-50 in a little over an hour.

• 4 months later...

So I just D/L this game like 5 days ago. I was still on Act I ,about to finish actually. Had some random join my game, sweet. We got into Act II together, and then another random joined our game. He begins to speak and says " hey does anyone want any free cash" , I reply with "sure". I then pick it up, which I did not know at the time that amount exceeded 100 million!

My rank jumps from like 22 (?) all the way to 45 like instantly. Cheap, yes I know, but am I complaining? no. Just thought I would share

Just beat the game for the first time and I'm level 39. This sounds like a fantastic way to quickly boost XP.

The mission is called "Black Hawk Down." You follow Nikolai into a bunker which unlocks through this mission's progression. Inside the bunker is ID Card #007, a workbench, a metal chest and a Fast Travel map. The sewer hole in the corner teleports to a northern bunker where the water bottles are.

Just did my first run. 200 bottles took about 1/2 an hour and got me from level 39 1/2 to 41 1/2. I was getting 1020 XP from each one.

According to this guide, I'm 1,771,180 XP away from level 50, and if the water keeps giving me 1020 XP, I'll need 1,737 bottles for Max level. At 1/2 an hour for 200, that would be about 4 1/2 hours to go. And if I do get more XP per bottle, it may be considerably less.

On my second run and your level DEFINITELY affects the XP you get from the quest, but YOU MUST QUIT AND RESTART THE GAME FOR THE HIGHER XP VALUE TO BE APPLIED. I started the game halfway to level 42 and was receiving 1217 XP per bottle of water--that's much more than when I was getting 1020 at the same level the last time I played. When I got to level 42, I turned in one more bottle of water, and it still gave me 1217 XP. I quit to the menu and restarted, and the first bottle of water I gave her gave me 1332 XP. At level 43 i was getting 1456, at 44 I got 1591, and I ran out of bottles at level 45 when I was getting 1742.

So from level 41.5 to just past level 45 took me 400 bottles of water. It took me half an hour to get 400 bottles from the room and 15 minutes to turn them in. Add in travel time to and from Bunker 02 and I'd say it too an hour all told. Another hour or two and I should be done.

EDIT: Decided to do another run of 330 before turning it off for the night. Got 1914 XP at level 46, 2099 at 47 and 2294 at level 48. I have 2,482,434 XP total, so another 226,179 XP (or 99 bottles) will get me to level 49. Assuming I get 2500 or so per bottle at level 49, that would be 120 bottles on top of the 99. Call it 250 to be on the safe side, which is another 45 minutes of boosting in addition to the hour and 45 minutes I did tonight and the half hour I did previously. That's 3 hours to go from level 39 to 50 using this method.

Edited by Frankie Godskin
Played some more

After starting NG+, I'd have to say that this is hands-down the fastest way to level up. Gathering about 100+ water takes very little time, as there's almost no loading involved. I went from 45 to 49 in less than an hour of work. I only need 50 more bottles and I'm done. I think it's about 2498xp per bottle now. Crazy easy, thanks!

• 11 months later...