Official Bitching Thread

Gamer Relaps3

Continued...

- Unfair matchmaking

Agreed, to an extent. Parties of four or more should not be able to go into Quick Match, and Epic needs Stranded playlists for EVERY gametype. Ranked is obviously something else entirely, but it's pretty good atm.

- Medals

Go boost on Private, end of story. If you think that Wingman is a pain, bring a friend in to make it faster. Visualize your impending medal if that helps. :p

- Retro

It's been nerfed since FoN, reduced effective range makes it somewhat balanced I guess.

- Horde

That's XBL for you, full of great random people! :woop:

- Never getting revived

The Gears 3 Tac Com sucks. Even I have trouble knowing when someone's down, and trust me- half the time I play my screen is grayed out. :o

- Hate Mail

You new to Gears or something? (lol, Or XBL for that matter!) Hate mail is pretty much the player-essence of Gears! :) Come on, COD has fourteen-year-olds, Halo has the mouthbreathing teabaggers, and Gears has the trash talk! I myself don't even mind the messages, just one more trophy for my mind to give itself.

- Overpriced Weapon Skins

Agree completely. lol, I remember people's comments on the Twitch livestream Rod did before Gears 3 where he said the price. xD (Hilarious stuff.)

- About the crappy story

Karen Traviss writes damn good books, but pretty trashy games. :D (Karen if you're reading this, I really love your books- even your comics, but God did you ruin five years of storytelling. x_x) Needless to say, she got booted for Judgment.

Finally, I'd just like to finish off by saying that I completely understand the whole love/hate Gears thing friend. :) As a guy that's played Gears for six years now, and was expecting so much more out of Gears 3... I think I get that feeling you have. :p Just let it go, find a decent party to play with, and have fun. :woop:

(this is also a response to your first post ;))

Well yes I did indeed say flat out that Epic is in general doing a lazy job with the events and reset-glitch and I said they used Judgement as an excuse to not update the game anymore because they already have our money from all the DLC and stuff. And yeah, the CoD kids are definitely infiltrating Gears MP, I laughed at that part you wrote there, good one, spot on!

Hmm yeah I can agree on the lag thing, it happens quite often when I shoot boom and it blows up in my face (same with torque) but weren't there supposed to be "dedicated" servers?? :o

Yes bots are really easy, but they are so inconsistent, that's my problem.. One minute they'll blind headshot you and the next they hide at a wall looking at the ground with their smoke out..

Also, last week I got into a game with 4 players on one team and 2 on the other, and I get placed on the team with 4 people... I mean, come on... And no-one was in a team or anything, just randoms... I felt kinda bad for the other guys that camped at spawn, so instead we farmed their bots, but thats really ridiculous.. Yes, the Retro is a bit better now indeed, and with most of the casuals gone I see far less of them, but still I get annoyed a lot by them. One could say "play Old School" but I don't like those modes, I don't play Execution and KotH (I hate KotH, retro fest at it's worst...)

Yeah I stopped playing Horde online months ago, have tried it again last week and before the tenth wave only me and 1 other guy was there, then he left too....

This is indeed the first Gears MP I play with full dedication (86 green right now) so yeah I was quite shocked but not surprised, my friends told me that the casuals and CoD'ers don't like getting killed..

Anyway; thanks a lot for understanding my frustration instead of just saying I'm spouting out crap (like about 90 % of Epic forums...).

Well I don't understand why we didn't get Private Guardian, wether it was promised or not (I saw someone else say this, so I went along with it) but how hard can it be? It's a tweaked version of Capture the Leader (or actually, it's the other way around, but never mind :p)

I now have killed 10 Kim's thanks to a playlist where I got to play against bots (thank goodness for that) but every ribbon/achievement that requires several players (like 3 revives as Kantus, who has ever gotten that Legit?..) is complete BS imo

Wait; what?? You're saying they put the reset thing in on purpose? I don't know if I believe that, that's a little harsh, especially because it seems people get reset when they lose connection during the stat screen at the end of games. I don't think they put it in on purpose just to get back at a few glitchers, many people have lost hundreds of hours of playtime because of it and they didn't know about back-ups because they don't visit any forums, just like to play Gears and that's it. (I didn't know about it 'til I got reset....

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ranked is virtually unplayable if you're flying solo. Combined with how I'm in a deep slump right now, my teams just get bent over and decimated by stacked teams with no effort. I seriously played just one KOTH ranked match and already feel like switching to something else. I used to have a ton of fun playing this game; what happened?

Ranked is virtually unplayable if you're flying solo. Combined with how I'm in a deep slump right now, my teams just get bent over and decimated by stacked teams with no effort. I seriously played just one KOTH ranked match and already feel like switching to something else. I used to have a ton of fun playing this game; what happened?

I faced a 4-man stack on Quick Guardian yesterday... kinda sad, but people do it. :/ (I will say that it was fun because they were disorganized, I got a Triple including their Leader at the BoomShot on ClockTower with my Gnasher!) But yeah, this is definitely what Epic should be working on- please make a COMPLETE Stranded playlist. x_x I loathe TDM, and KotH just isn't my cup of tea...

Anyone think that Epic will ever reduce onyx medals again? Just wondering if that is a possibility because my friend was a huge Gears 2 fan and said that like two years after its release they did a twenty times exp event to draw some of the players back. Makes me wonder if a year from now or something they might try to draw some people back by reducing onyx medals or doing some kind of event where every ribbon or weapon kill is worth double or triple ribbons/weapon kills in order to cut down on grind time.

Only asking because I have gotten the majority of the onyx medals but I'm starting to feel burnt out on the whole thing. Right now I'm leaning torwards giving up and moving on but it would be a pretty big morale boost if Epic took it's head out its ass and helped us out with this achievement.

Anyone think that Epic will ever reduce onyx medals again? Just wondering if that is a possibility because my friend was a huge Gears 2 fan and said that like two years after its release they did a twenty times exp event to draw some of the players back. Makes me wonder if a year from now or something they might try to draw some people back by reducing onyx medals or doing some kind of event where every ribbon or weapon kill is worth double or triple ribbons/weapon kills in order to cut down on grind time.

Only asking because I have gotten the majority of the onyx medals but I'm starting to feel burnt out on the whole thing. Right now I'm leaning torwards giving up and moving on but it would be a pretty big morale boost if Epic took it's head out its ass and helped us out with this achievement.

Epic tend to make things worse, not better...

Doubtful, especially with Judgment right around the corner. At this point in Gears 3's lifespan; I doubt that they'll even implement any XP multiplier above x4. And yeah, it's natural to feel burnt out eventually. x_x (Heavy Weapons is such a drag... boosting Architect is hemorrhage inducing, and of course 6000 legit Hammerburst kills are enough to validate a visit to a chiropractor.)

In other bitchy news...

Is there some sort of a AFK trend going around in Gears 3? O_o

I swear I get some every other game now, and about a month ago it was pretty rare. Really ridiculous when your Leader and two other teammates aren't moving, and you're up against a stack. -_-

How come I always end up in CTL matches, where the leader is both incompetent and incontinent? http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/39.gif

Seems to always be the case for any "lone, semi-decent Gears 3 player" :/

I mean I know the feeling, too well in fact- but I still ask myself the same question about the general teammates I seem to get. :confused:

Also, CTL is pretty terrible in itself- real fun to be a live meatflag LOL (Probably Epic's third biggest blunder in Gears 3 aside from TDM and the current CMS.)

What I disliked from Gears was the fact that an entire species was wiped out completely by a couple of waves and how does an enemy with seemingly infinite number of forces get destroyed by about 7 guys. The campaign just made no sense to me...

What I disliked from Gears was the fact that an entire species was wiped out completely by a couple of waves and how does an enemy with seemingly infinite number of forces get destroyed by about 7 guys. The campaign just made no sense to me...

Yeah, everyday I think about the Gears 3 campaign... I actually curse Traviss. :/ Great going, destroying half a decade of storytelling! -_-

But I mean, technically the WHOLE UIR was there... and they had working Ravens. :p

Everyone knows that one Gorasni is equivalent to five Tyrans. :D

Back with a few more rants that really annoy me...

People just standing there at spawn at the beginning of a game and only move every 5 mins or so so they don't get kicked out... Not only is our team 1 man down, I ONLY play Guardian and every time one of those idiots is on my team, he becomes the leader and gets killed before there has passed even 1 minute and I cannot explain how annoying this is...

The second thing that annoys me, is that since the last 4 weeks Epic has been (as usual...) lazy as fuck with the Events... Seriously, Stay Frosty came back for a 3rd time, then a week later we get Stay Frosty again! But the difference being that we got a nerfed frag, big deal, those things would only kill someone if they are tagged onto them, but since you get killed by 3 HB shots you never get into melee range. Then, Raven Down 24/7 came back for the 3rd-4th time... In the description it said; "Execution with Gnashers only!" but they forgot to add you have a 12 shot snub that'll pop heads in 1 shot so naturally this Gnasher event became a camping fest... Then, a week after that, we get Raven Down 24/7 again!!!!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! This time they removed the headshot option on the snub. And now we have One Shot One Kill but with Smoke Grenades, I seriously hate those people that just run around and troll everyone tagging smokes on them, and once a bot throws a smoke, every bot in the map will do the same thing so you end up with a big cloud without being able to see a thing .. What will we get next week? One Shot One Kill without smokes?

I am so tired of the laziness Epic is showing towards Gears 3, repeating one event twice in a row is annoying, but doing the same thing twice is just plain laziness, stupid events like Raven Down 24/7 and Stay Frosty come back 3-4 times and other events maybe only once even though there are many people wanting it to come back (Can you Dig it? Anyone???) I'm 4 events away from Socialite and 4 levels away from my second re-up and boy am I glad when I'm done with this game..

First off, I doubt you just said that "Epic was lazy"- I really do, or if you did; you might've worded it with a bit too much salt. ;) (Cher and Flak are great mods, the rest... I can't really account for.) Also, if you posted in the wrong sub-forum (ex: Gears J) it's pretty much an auto-closed thread.

No, they are shit mods. I don't know why you would even defend them? You can't give an opposing point of view even if you word it politely, you will get banned. And not just banned, perma-banned on your first offense.

Example: I got banned from the Epic forums for saying "I'm excited to play MassEffect 3, it might be the only game that makes me take Gears3 out of the disc drive... at least for a month" That's it. That's what I said and I was perma-banned for "trolling".

Cher and Flak have too much sand in their vags and powertrip even though it's just a forum and shouldn't be taken so seriously.

At any rate, the Epic forums aren't for discussing things, they are just for agreeing with everyone about how great Epic is. I'm glad this forum exists to air our grievances.

No, they are shit mods. I don't know why you would even defend them? You can't give an opposing point of view even if you word it politely, you will get banned. And not just banned, perma-banned on your first offense.

Example: I got banned from the Epic forums for saying "I'm excited to play MassEffect 3, it might be the only game that makes me take Gears3 out of the disc drive... at least for a month" That's it. That's what I said and I was perma-banned for "trolling".

Cher and Flak have too much sand in their vags and powertrip even though it's just a forum and shouldn't be taken so seriously.

At any rate, the Epic forums aren't for discussing things, they are just for agreeing with everyone about how great Epic is. I'm glad this forum exists to air our grievances.

Why do I defend them? Because in truth they are decent mods, and people that deserve a better view than some "sanguinary banhammer." And obviously, if you voice your opinion CORRECTLY (politely, and following the rules) you will be given a chance; it hardly matters if they agree with you on the topic.

Perhaps you should lose the sour attitude, and not hold such a grudge against people doing their jobs? :p (I mean, "sand in their vags" sounds quite fitting to your post.)

I however completely agree with you that the Epic forums aren't quite what they used to be, you're probably better of in one of these smaller communities discussing whatever you'd like to your hearts content. :woop:

Why do I defend them? Because in truth they are decent mods, and people that deserve a better view than some "sanguinary banhammer." And obviously, if you voice your opinion CORRECTLY (politely, and following the rules) you will be given a chance; it hardly matters if they agree with you on the topic.

Perhaps you should lose the sour attitude, and not hold such a grudge against people doing their jobs? :p (I mean, "sand in their vags" sounds quite fitting to your post.)

I however completely agree with you that the Epic forums aren't quite what they used to be, you're probably better of in one of these smaller communities discussing whatever you'd like to your hearts content. :woop:

No, the mods are assholes that I've heard about constantly banning anyone who disagrees or points out any flaw in the game. All they want are people to worship their shit. The idiots at Halo Waypoint forums are just as bad. The bitch that writes the "Halo Bulletin" spent an entire bulletin talking about corn dogs and Comic Con, neither of which have anything to do with Halo. Yet, they were quite literally banning people on the forums or replied to the bulletin saying they didn't like corn dogs and/or expected "The Halo Bulletin" to actually be about Halo.

Edited by Viper187

No, the mods are assholes that I've heard about constantly banning anyone who disagrees or points out any flaw in the game. All they want are people to worship their shit. The idiots at Halo Waypoint forums are just as bad. The bitch that writes the "Halo Bulletin" spent an entire bulletin talking about corn dogs and Comic Con, neither of which have anything to do with Halo. Yet, they were quite literally banning people on the forums or replied to the bulletin saying they didn't like corn dogs and/or expected "The Halo Bulletin" to actually be about Halo.

Your first sentence is exactly why I continue to defend the actual mods themselves, they're just people doing their job. Not just "assholes." ;)

Hearing and experiencing are two completely different things, and the Halo red herring doesn't really help reinforce whatever point you were trying to make. (Nevertheless, I get it.)

And it's understandable why you'd ban people that aren't posting replies that are 'on topic', no? (Probably yet another good reason to do so on the Epic forums.)

EDIT:

Personally, the only things that piss me off about the Gears forums are that most people seem to be genuine "assholes" like you were saying in your post above and that they're so damn stubborn (in a bad way)- they believe in certain things, and will literally argue with you either: till' you accept their view as correct, until someone posts some stupid GIF ridiculing however has less "forum credibility", or until a mod closes the thread (surprise surprise!)

Aside from that;

-people are notoriously obnoxious with new people- they'll always treat you like you don't now any better about the game. (And yes, the people with the bigger post counts tend to be the bigger douchebags.)

-Mention anything that is negative towards the Gnasher? You're out of the Gears forums' fraternity, till you change your username or something at least.

-The EGFC is not what it used to be. When it began, it was basically the "community list to find teammates", now it's basically a group of glorified forumers.

I really have never had any problems with moderators on the Epic forums nor have I seen them close/ban unfairly, EVER. And believe me, I've typed out some really hot posts since I joined in 2008. ;)

Edited by Hagane

And it's understandable why you'd ban people that aren't posting replies that are 'on topic', no? (Probably yet another good reason to do so on the Epic forums.)

Banning people for a single off topic reply? Yes, that's completely normal. By the way, what's the weather like on your planet??? You can't honestly say this cunt should be allowed to make a Halo Bulletin all about corn dogs then ban people who comment that they don't like corn dogs or ask why there was no actual Halo info in the HALO Bulletin. We got banned on Waypoint for whining about the broken credit cap demanding answers too earlier this year. I've heard the same of people bitching about the ribbon issue on Gears. They don't care that they broke their game with that bullshit achievement. I fucking hate people that defend such ass clowns. There always has to be one of you.

Banning people for a single off topic reply? Yes, that's completely normal. By the way, what's the weather like on your planet??? You can't honestly say this cunt should be allowed to make a Halo Bulletin all about corn dogs then ban people who comment that they don't like corn dogs or ask why there was no actual Halo info in the HALO Bulletin. We got banned on Waypoint for whining about the broken credit cap demanding answers too earlier this year. I've heard the same of people bitching about the ribbon issue on Gears. They don't care that they broke their game with that bullshit achievement. I fucking hate people that defend such ass clowns. There always has to be one of you.

Depending on the severity of the post, yes- I agree that it's very possible to ban someone based off of one off-topic post. The ribbon issue has tons of threads, and they're not closed if you submit them in the correct sub-forum; even though I highly doubt Epic will ever do anything about the issue. Ad hominem towards me now, great progression you're making. ;)

Considering how graciously you word your posts, it's no wonder you get banned from those places. Stop confusing swearing for wit.

Anyway, my complaints on what needs to be changed by the time Judgment rolls around:

The Retro's accuracy and handling needs to be nerf'd- I don't expect Epic to actually listen to what is probably the community's biggest complaint with Gears 3, but the Retro is far too accurate and easy to handle for a gun with so much power. It desperately needs to be nerf'd, but I think reducing the power would make the gun obsolete; after all, why use a gun that is basically an inaccurate, regular Lancer? So my solution is make the gun slightly more inaccurate (increase cross hair size a bit), and make it much more difficult to handle when firing full auto. This will basically force most people to treat the gun as a short range weapon only, which I think would be enough of a solution for me.

The Gnasher's active reload is too powerful- I would never voice this opinion on a place like EPIC's forums because I know it would be like talking to a brick wall. The community seems to be convinced that the Gnasher is absolutely perfect in every possible way, and while I agree that it's a fantastic weapon (I've Onyx'd it twice after all), I still think the active reload gives it too big of an advantage in a fire fight. Personally, I would like it if only gave a very small damage boost and increased reload speed.

Removal of stopping power- Some people like it, some people don't. I don't like it at all.

Those are honestly my only major complaints, as I really have no problem with the Sawed-Off.