Why Does everyone hate Downturn?

Downturn is one of my favourite maps. I think it's my 9th favourite (6th if we don't include FaceOff maps, 3rd if we don't include DLC at all). Black Box is by far my least favourite.

As someone else mentioned, it's a great Domination map. All the triangular Domination maps (Arkaden, etc) make for great matches.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like to play it for fun on infected. It is a pretty hard map on HFFA because people are hard to spot, and you don't have time to register them before they shoot the hell outta you. Best map for me is something like this Infected: Mission, HFFA: Village, and TDM: Outpost (yes, seriously) ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Downturn is one of my favorites and one of my most hated...depending on what setup I'm running.

Flashbangs don't really bother me...I use them hard. But the majority of the time they're used towards me, it is by idiot teammates who don't seem to understand the map. Turn around, moron. The enemy is coming from the other way.

Edited by MxPx

• 3 weeks later...

I really dislike this map along with Carbon, Bootleg, Dome, Arkaden, Bakaara, Outpost and Underground.

Wow, never meant that list to get that large, most of these maps I really dislike.

I may get an ELITE subscription and see what tall the DLC maps are like.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The maps that "always" get voted down:

Downturn

Carbon

Outpost

The maps that I always vote down:

Downturn

Interchange

Dome

I hate downturn because there is just to much clutter. It is such a hassle to look behind every single car and structure. There are just way to many places to hide and more places for you to easily miss your enemy and start getting shot at out of nowhere. Same thing goes with Interchange.

Don't get me started on dome. This map is so ridiculously small that there is no other option but to spawn the enemies on etheir side of you. Every time I play on this map I just get so frustrated because I'll be taking down 2-3 enemies in front of me when out of nowhere, another 2 get me from behind. I'll choose Downturn over Dome any day.

• 3 weeks later...

I like Downturn. Its a real war map. Everybody on the PS3 everybody hates it but like dumb ass maps like Arkaden and Dome. Dome is a rip off of Vacant. I loved Bacant but we seen that map in both MW games now MW3. Arkaden is too small for me when it's pose to be a mall. No mall is that small. Even the Crenshaw Mall is bigger than that. I think Arkaden wasn't done right.

• 2 weeks later...
I like Downturn. Its a real war map. Everybody on the PS3 everybody hates it but like dumb ass maps like Arkaden and Dome. Dome is a rip off of Vacant. I loved Bacant but we seen that map in both MW games now MW3. Arkaden is too small for me when it's pose to be a mall. No mall is that small. Even the Crenshaw Mall is bigger than that. I think Arkaden wasn't done right.

Arkaden and dome are my favorite maps, along with seatown.

:uzi:

Yeah this map is the worse, i cant say for sure why i dont like it come to think about it, its just when ever it up for voting i scream down the mic NOOOOOOO everytime someone votes for it.

I think its cos its small? or maybe there is too much cover....hell i like the idea of city fighting but....

• 2 weeks later...

As a deaf gamer, I love Downturn (Dome is the worse , unless i'm just playing it for kicks) because as a deaf gamer, I have to move more slowly and yes camp -- but it's out of necessity...not meaning I'll do cheap kills tho...might throw a smoake and flank the opposite way to draw them out. The underground area is bad killzone to be stuck in.......