Achievement Discussion

Barad

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, question u guys might know. For the collect all the spells kind of deal (pyro, etc) do u actually have to be able to equip them, or is just the inventory fine?

Just inventory.

I have a question that someone may need to pay attention to. One of the guys you need to get to Majula for that achievement requires you to have a certain Intelligence level. Mine is a 7 and he wont even talk to me, but my friend is at 18 Int and he is talking up a storm.

Can someone figure out what level of Int you need to get him to Majula. He's the guy that is sitting in No-Mans Wharf.

Just inventory.

I have a question that someone may need to pay attention to. One of the guys you need to get to Majula for that achievement requires you to have a certain Intelligence level. Mine is a 7 and he wont even talk to me, but my friend is at 18 Int and he is talking up a storm.

Can someone figure out what level of Int you need to get him to Majula. He's the guy that is sitting in No-Mans Wharf.

8 intelligence, bonuses from equipment don't count.

So to increase the population of Majula do you have to get every merchant to head back there? I killed the first lady in the Forest of Giants, but I have pretty much finished the game with everyone back there. Any advice?

You'll have to wait until NG+ to do it.

We tried everything, including using a bonfire astetic to get her to respawn, but she is dead for good.

Could somebody with the book look up the alternative method of acquiring sunlight spear (obtained by getting rank 3 in Sun covenant)?

I'd rather not join and grind out 30 boss wins unless I absolutely have to.

Someone beat me to the punch. The good news is, I knocked this out in less than 2 hours by putting my soul sign down in front of the twin dragonrider fight. Lots of bros there :D

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone able to recommend a boss to set up SunBro camp at? I am nearing the end of my new playthrough and am at SL 160 I believe.

I want to knock out those medals before heading into NG+ again.

Also, do you get a new Sunlight Spear each playthrough? Or is 1 all you get per character?

Anyone able to recommend a boss to set up SunBro camp at? I am nearing the end of my new playthrough and am at SL 160 I believe.

I want to knock out those medals before heading into NG+ again.

I found a lot of success with the twin dragonriders and looking glass knight. There are also a ton of people summoning for Nashandra as well.

Also, do you get a new Sunlight Spear each playthrough? Or is 1 all you get per character?

as far as I know, the three sunlight covenant rewards are one time only, as you go to NG+ with the same covenant ranking.

I found a lot of success with the twin dragonriders and looking glass knight. There are also a ton of people summoning for Nashandra as well.

as far as I know, the three sunlight covenant rewards are one time only, as you go to NG+ with the same covenant ranking.

Thanks for the tip, I'll give the Twin Dragonriders a shot. It's super easy as well so it'll be less of a headache to get the 30.

Since I've yet to delve into co-op in DS2, does the host still have to keep an eye on his helpers HP or can you chug your own estus now? (Just a curiosity before I start)

Thanks for the tip, I'll give the Twin Dragonriders a shot. It's super easy as well so it'll be less of a headache to get the 30.

Since I've yet to delve into co-op in DS2, does the host still have to keep an eye on his helpers HP or can you chug your own estus now? (Just a curiosity before I start)

The host can not heal the phantoms by drinking an estus flask. However, phantoms can heal themselves with their own estus flasks, lifegems, or any other healing items. I believe there's a certain miracle the host can use that will heal the other phantoms in the game though.

The host can not heal the phantoms by drinking an estus flask. However, phantoms can heal themselves with their own estus flasks, lifegems, or any other healing items. I believe there's a certain miracle the host can use that will heal the other phantoms in the game though.

I definitely miss being able to heal phantoms and using humanity to fully heal yourself.

Any of the "Heal" miracles work, as well as soothing sunlight.

• 2 months later...

Question: I am level 200+ on my first playthrough of DS2 (oh yes, I farmed the hell out of a boss or 2). If I want to sunbro and get my sunlight medal, how would I go about doing that? I have no idea how soul memory or soul level works when pairing people up.

EDIT: Okay, just checked. So with a soul memory of 5.1 million, I'm at rank 37. With a small white soap stone and name engraved ring, I can play with players as low as rank 31 (min: 1.75 million souls) and as high as rank 41 (max: 1 trillion souls).

Is that correct?

Edited by El Weon 630

Question: I am level 200+ on my first playthrough of DS2 (oh yes, I farmed the hell out of a boss or 2). If I want to sunbro and get my sunlight medal, how would I go about doing that? I have no idea how soul memory or soul level works when pairing people up.

EDIT: Okay, just checked. So with a soul memory of 5.1 million, I'm at rank 37. With a small white soap stone and name engraved ring, I can play with players as low as rank 31 (min: 1.75 million souls) and as high as rank 41 (max: 1 trillion souls).

Is that correct?

Howd you go from thinking you were level 200+ to 37?

Anyways, there's several Soul Memory calculators out there. The best one seems to be down right now, but here's one http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Summon+Range+Calculator#.Uzb1eq1dWMc

(link to the other one is at the bottom of that page under "external" hopefully it will come back)