Doctor of the Peggle Arts Glitch Tutorial

Dcon6393

Doctor of the Peggle Arts Glitch Tutorial

(Credit goes to Donut Hill,

HERE is her original thread)

Achievement Unlocked: 12/22/10

20+ levels beaten with this glitch

Basically this glitch will let you 100 % clear levels one by one until you have all levels cleared and the achievement pops. THIS WILL TAKE A LONG TIME, but it is shorter and easier than getting the achievement legitimately.

Step 1: Load up Peggle (or else this glitch will not work), go to quick play, and choose a level you have not 100% cleared yet (you can tell by the little tiny ribbon on the bottom corner of the picture of the map).

Step 2: Once this level loads pick a character, press pause, and hit “play new level” and confirm it. You do not have to play the level or take any shots.

Step 3: Hit the B button a few times until you are at the main menu, then go to challenges.

Step 4: Choose a challenge that only requires you to play one level, no duels or level sets (so you can play challenges 1-1 through 8-5)

Step 5: 100% clear the level in the challenge (clear all the pegs). You will know you cleared them all because A. no pegs on the screen and B. all of the fever bonuses will be 100,000 points. You can try as many times as you want, just don’t go back to the menu, or choose a new challenge after actually beginning to play one.

^Important^

Step 6: Go back to quick play and the level you used in step 1 should have a 100% ribbon on it

Step 7: Repeat until achievement pops and then party

Challenge Choosing Suggestions:

Challenges 7-1 through 7-5 are great because the challenge is to knock out all the pegs, something you need to do anyway. The reason this is important is because you can clear all the orange pegs and still have a chance to clear the blue ones. This leads to high multipliers and not worrying about accidently hitting the orange pegs you need. Once you get a 10x multiplier (3 or 4 pegs left, see the right side of your screen) it takes only 3 blues and a purple to get you a free ball, so groups of pegs are sometimes best left til a purple shows up in the middle.

Challenge: 7-4

Level: Das Bucket

Characters: Warren, Renfield, or Jimmy Lightning

This is my personal favorite level in the game and it is quite easy to 100 %. There are no pegs that are too low to attempt to pull a bank shot on, which is very important. Also almost all of the pegs are in the center, leaving the sides free for free ball bank shots. Choose Warren for a lot of points in the first 2 rounds to rack up some free balls. Choose Renfield for knocking out a lot of pegs first round, as well as a free ball or 2. Choose Jimmy for a lot of pegs knocked out early as well, but Renfield will work better. A general strategy for this level is take account of where the purple and green pegs are for the first round and try to hit one of each if not all 3 on your first shot. Also try and get an extreme slide to knock out all of the pegs on the bottom. I usually either aim for the top corners or where I can get a green and purple peg. The key to this level, as with all levels, is to eliminate a side of the screen for the most part by ball 5 or so, and then bank all of your shots to that side off of another peg and aim for free balls. Also try and knock out a lot of orange, if not all of them for extra bonus points with the purple peg. The reason this challenge is the easiest in my opinion is because the challenge is to clear the board, so you can hit all the orange pegs and still have a chance to clear the rest of them. Try and knock out a group of 4 or 5 balls if there is a purple peg in the middle, netting you a free ball if there are 3 orange pegs or less left.

Challenge: 7-1

Level: Peggleland

Characters: Warren, Renfield, or Jimmy

This level might be easier than Challenge 7-4 for some people because of how simple it is. All 3 of the suggested characters work equally well on here, but I prefer to not use warren because you do not get as many free balls do to high scores as you will with Renfield and Jimmy. Basically it is easy to clear this level as long as you focus on firing into the center of a group of pegs all the time. It helps to note the bucket location and try to get it so your ball will fall about the same time the bucket is there. Taking your time on this level will ensure 100% clear. Also, a little bit on common knowledge, aim for purple pegs that are in a group. I cannot stress that enough. Purple pegs will get you that extra free ball you need more often than not. I have played this level and got so frustrated that I would miss the simplest of shots. While Challenge 7-4 is my personal favorite, I would like there to be some variety.

Challenge: 7-2

Level: Slip and Slide

Characters: Warren or Renfield

Renfield works well on this level, but warren is better because of the magic hat and triple score. If you can get both on your first turn then you should have a lot of points and more than enough to get up to 11 or 12 balls after the first two turns, as well as a lot of pegs cleared. I tend to bounce my first shot off one of the middle pegs that are straight below and bounce it into one of the slides (if you fire straight into the slides they will come back out). This will most likely knock out a lot of the pegs from one side. Then you should clear the other side of its slides. Then try to knock out groups of pegs, preferably orange, until you have a clear path for bank shots.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pmCELNmNY8]YouTube - Peggle Achievement Glitch Tutorial[/ame]

thanks to kudo for putting this up. You are a beast for putting this up.

Edited by Dcon6393

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Achievement earned. You sir, are a gentlemen.

I was shocked myself when the achievement unlocked, to bad i did not find this until well after everyone had put this back on their shelves. I personally do not care to much for achievements, but i wanted to give back to this site

i dont get how completing the level 100% (clear all pegs) is easier in challenge mode than in quick play? if you are going back to 100% the challenge, why not just do the level in quick play to clear all pegs?

i have read the instructions a couple times thru and its still a little unclear to me. could somebody explain how leaving to challenge mode, and going back to quick play is easier than just completing it in the quick play?

*just realized the other day how hard clearing out all pegs would be in every level, and any help would be awesome :D thanks

i dont get how completing the level 100% (clear all pegs) is easier in challenge mode than in quick play? if you are going back to 100% the challenge, why not just do the level in quick play to clear all pegs?

i have read the instructions a couple times thru and its still a little unclear to me. could somebody explain how leaving to challenge mode, and going back to quick play is easier than just completing it in the quick play?

*just realized the other day how hard clearing out all pegs would be in every level, and any help would be awesome :D thanks

1. The 2 challenges i suggested are good because you do not have to worry about knocking out all of the orange pegs before you knock out the blue ones. Plus the glitch only works if you go from a quick play level to a challenge, not quick play to quick play

2. Basically this glitch lets you play one level in challenge mode you can clear 100% easy, and it affect another level in quick play. Watch the new video for help.

Edited by Dcon6393

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Haha wow, I didn't realize my video was put into this thread...I am the kudo guy...glad everyone appreciates it

Yeah, i just put it in today, I posted on your youtube vid, thanks man. It was out of my reach to make a video on this glitch, and some people prefer visuals.

surely this is more fun to do legit? i dont see the point otherwise

It is a lot faster because instead of playing the hard levels through for days, you play another level one or two times. It is definitely less frustrating and will probably take way less time.

Great glitch! Works perfect. :)

Do I also have to glitch all the Peggle Nights levels for that achievement or only the regular ones?

EDIT: Ok I just got the achievement. You only have to glitch all the regular Peggle levels. Its possible to make it in some hours. Challenge 7-1 is really perfect for glitching all the levels. I mostly cleared the challenge with 1st try.

Thanks a lot for this great tip! :)

Edited by aB1s

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Good job guys. I was searching for how many people had the Doctor of the

Peggle Arts achievement, and I should have known that most people cheat for their achievements. Congrats on your illegitimate achievements, all of you. Just know that some people out there still care about earning their achievements without always looking for shortcuts or cheats to get them there. Do you all feel good about getting achievements knowing you didn't actually achieve them?

• 2 months later...
Good job guys. I was searching for how many people had the Doctor of the

Peggle Arts achievement, and I should have known that most people cheat for their achievements. Congrats on your illegitimate achievements, all of you. Just know that some people out there still care about earning their achievements without always looking for shortcuts or cheats to get them there. Do you all feel good about getting achievements knowing you didn't actually achieve them?

Really that's just your opinion, which no one really cares about anyway. I paid 800ms total for this game and I feel I can do whatever I please so as long as it doesn't ruin another players experience. It's kind of on par with what that guy did to the PS3 that he purchased when it first came out, in which he smashed it on the streets of New York. Some people have lives and prefer not to spend it launching balls, hitting pegs, and hopefully get it into a moving hole.

• 3 years later...
Really that's just your opinion, which no one really cares about anyway. I paid 800ms total for this game and I feel I can do whatever I please so as long as it doesn't ruin another players experience. It's kind of on par with what that guy did to the PS3 that he purchased when it first came out, in which he smashed it on the streets of New York. Some people have lives and prefer not to spend it launching balls, hitting pegs, and hopefully get it into a moving hole.

It's ruining other people's experiences by detracting from their accomplishments, as there's no way to distinguish who earned the achievement and who did not. Frankly, it's pathetic that you care about gamerscore but not about earning it legitimately. Your life must be so amazing that you spend your time learning to glitch and cheat for a gamerscore.