Most annoying game enemy.

hydrosugar

Did a search but came up with nothing of the sort, if I missed something just post it here.

Anyways what is your most annoying/frustrating game enemy. Can be anything from OP bosses to grunts that just wont stay down. I personally hate any boss that has minions attacking you during your fight. I don't mind breaking up the boss fights by taking these guys on, but having them hack away at you while you're trying to focus on the boss annoys me greatly. An example of this is the final boss fight of Fable. Even Splosion man has a fight like this to a lesser extent.

What's yours? :)

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Teammates! Usually gets in my way of fire and ends up taking one for the team.

I hated the Infected in Dead Island. Never-ending spawn of enemies in Black Ops. I hate anything that's really fast and charges at you and usually hits you, like the roamers or whatever, in Red Dead Redemption. Ya put a couple bullets into their heads and they still don't go down sometimes (other games).

I hated the willow the wisps in Oblivion and now the wisp mothers in Skyrim, although I've only encountered a handful of those. Also the wraiths and goblins in Oblivion mostly because they were annoyingly loud when you hit them and you needed a silver or daedric weapon against the wraiths.

I suppose Juggernauts in the later rounds of MW3 Survival. On higher difficulties, they always appear along with helicopters. This combination always fucks me up badly.

There have been too many times where I've had about $30,000 worth of defense stuffs up and have more than half of it destroyed in one round. The juggernauts alone aren't too much of a problem, it's the fact that it's hard to kill them once they enter your building before they destroy everything, and it's often too dangerous to run out of the building because of the helicopters. A full burst of helicopter rounds brings you down to red health, low enough that a single bullet or even a fall from an average height would kill you.

Juggernauts kill Sentry Guns in a matter of seconds, they kill your Riot Shield squads even more easily. Just watch a juggernaut attack a riot shield squad one time. The juggernauts are seriously like master trolls.

I suppose Suicide dogs also pose a major annoyance.

Why did they have to make them insta-kill you if you time the button press wrong again? They kill you in one hit. If you do kill it though, you'll have to run away, fast, or you'll get your ass blown up and die that way. Enemies will not be able to damage you while a dog has tackled you though. It still messes things up especially if you are in a cramped building, I've had to run straight into enemy fire more times than I can count.

They move fast and often separate from the enemy squad. It makes them somewhat easy to single them out and figure out where they are on the radar, but it's still annoying.

I'll think up more later, don't have time to think up and type more ATM.

Teammates! Usually gets in my way of fire and ends up taking one for the team.

Agreed! I spent so long playing left4Dead trying to get the "Kill a witch with 1 shot" achievement and almost every time I got close my (AI) team mates would walk through me (no collision between team mates is a terrible idea) and get a shotgun to the back of the head!

The dog from Duck Hunt. I could never kill him, no matter how hard I tried.

From the current generation: enemies that game the game. I'm talking about enemies that hide when you have a time limit, enemies that wait for you to come to them, etc. They do this instead of doing their job and trying to take you down. It is almost like they know you are on a time limit and try to make you fail the level instead of trying to kill you.

The dog from Duck Hunt. I could never kill him, no matter how hard I tried.

From the current generation: enemies that game the game. I'm talking about enemies that hide when you have a time limit, enemies that wait for you to come to them, etc. They do this instead of doing their job and trying to take you down. It is almost like they know you are on a time limit and try to make you fail the level instead of trying to kill you.

I never beat Metroid Prime 2 because of that xD Dark Samus kept up a shield the whole time that I couldn't figure out how to destroy. After I looked it up, my game stopped working :(