Do you litter in Skyrim?

Do you litter in Skyrim?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Do you litter in Skyrim?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • I don't like to, but it happens.

Just curious how many people litter Skyrim with 'trash'.

Personally, even if I am encumbered with no companion etc. around, I will stick items in a respawnable barrel rather then simply dropping on the ground.

How do you guys treat Skyrim?

http://i48.tinypic.com/30lihxh.png

Edited by SIMPLYMIDGET

I don't like to, but sometimes I just have too much crap, can't give anymore to my companion, and I just don't feel like trudging along until I finally find a dead body or a container to drop stuff in. I prefer to hang onto things so I can sell them.

The way I see it is everything left anywhere has to be remembered, its location, orientation and details so it all adds to the work the game has to do, especially loading times so I don't usually unless I'm pre-house and have to leave stuff worth keeping somewhere quiet ;).

I litter all the time. I often pick up useless items (such as plates, tankards, soul gem fragments, etc.) accidentally and always do an inventory clean-out once I reach Whiterun. It makes it so my inventory is easier to navigate through and that I won't get overencumbered.

Happy Birthday to the ground.

I threw the rest of the cake too.

i usually dont drop stuff,shove them into bodies since i am usually shuffling the crap out of my invetory.i was also mindful of a body that was in one of the jarl's longhouses.a guy i poisoned in his sleep for the brotherhood.i know killed the guy about 3 weeks prior and he was still there.i mean come on,thats gonna attact the plague leaving them bodies laying around so i dragged the body out to the first floor and tossed it on the fire pit,right in front of the jarl and they didnt even bat an eye.

is it normal for a dead body to remain in same spot for over 2 months,our time?i killed a guy in ratway in riften around christmas,he is still there while the other bodies have long since dissapeared.oh yeah going on 450 hours into this game since then.

I just don't pick anything up. I've gotten to the point where I've stopped picking up gems and everything. All I take from corpses is gold, lock picks, and any arrows I may have left behind...

This

But if i find i have crap i wasn't aware of("Where did that plate come from?"),i'll just drop it where i stand

i usually dont drop stuff,shove them into bodies since i am usually shuffling the crap out of my invetory.i was also mindful of a body that was in one of the jarl's longhouses.a guy i poisoned in his sleep for the brotherhood.i know killed the guy about 3 weeks prior and he was still there.i mean come on,thats gonna attact the plague leaving them bodies laying around so i dragged the body out to the first floor and tossed it on the fire pit,right in front of the jarl and they didnt even bat an eye.

is it normal for a dead body to remain in same spot for over 2 months,our time?i killed a guy in ratway in riften around christmas,he is still there while the other bodies have long since dissapeared.oh yeah going on 450 hours into this game since then.

Sometimes the game just gets stupid and forgets to remove bodies and such. On my first character, I joined the Imperials and finished the civil war questline. Months later, I can load up the game and STILL find Ulfric's body hanging out in the Jarl's place, along with Galmar. Last I checked it was still on the throne where I dragged it, which is hilarious when what's-his-face sits in the chair. It looks like he and Ulfric are getting very intimate. XD

I litter all the time. I often pick up useless items (such as plates, tankards, soul gem fragments, etc.) accidentally and always do an inventory clean-out once I reach Whiterun. It makes it so my inventory is easier to navigate through and that I won't get overencumbered.

I threw the rest of the cake too.

The cake is a lie...

Some bodies remain and others disappear.

It use to be a big issue at least on PS3 version up until the latest patches.

On Xbox with the latest patches I find that bodies disappear within 24-48 hours or so, seems to apply to the outside world only. Ash piles last much longer.

However if the body is in a cave it some times lasts a very long time.

Containers and chests refresh in something like 30 days (in game time) or so.

Also based on Google search, there seems to be a cell timer , if you revisit the same cell many times it will not reset. Example you drop something in front of your house in Whiterun and you visit the house every 24 hours or so the item remains. However you now drop an item in Dawnstar and don't visit there for many in game days the item disappears.

I have a body in Riverwood that has been there for many in game days (I sell stuff every day or after each quest to the Riverwood Trader)

Edited by ecto69

I just don't pick anything up. I've gotten to the point where I've stopped picking up gems and everything. All I take from corpses is gold, lock picks, and any arrows I may have left behind...

I do exactly this.

My friend littered heavily out of habit and his game is pretty much unplayable due to the jittery freezing he gets in any open area, so i've seen first hand it can ruin your save file.

Tamriel cries for every iron sword you discard.

I do this plus I also occasionally pick up some items that are worth like 20x (or more) their weight. I haven't been over-encumbered in ages and still make good money adventuring.

Hah!!

We're all weirdos ain't we?! :rolleyes:

I killed Ulfric and that general guy and thought it'd be funny to put Ulfric in his usual sitting position nekked and the general face down crossways on top of Ulfric. Funny as hell. :D

Ha ha well ulfric is till astride the dinner table with everyone quite happy to eat around his rotting corpse. They weren't too fussed either when I dragged him up on the huge table in front of what was previously his thrown... I suppose it gives everyone in their a gentle reminder not to try to over throw my new rule!

I have however noticed that some bodies no longer have a weight to them, ie I can pick them up and manipulate them around the world as I would a fork or plate in game... Even to the point of holding them mid air and launching arrow after arrow in them or even fus roh dah them off a cliff or mountainside from mid air. Makes for some odd moments certainly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...