I believe you. The source material being countless times better isn't unusual. But for people who haven't read the LN, the introduction is pretty damn bad. Well, not the first episode, that was solid. Second gets a pass mark too. But after it took two eps for the first boss to be defeated, we get nonsensical timeskips, only to be re-payed with irrelevant, atrociously paced, fan pandering, cheesy, dating sim-esque BS. You have to try and look at this from the perspective of someone without the LN for background knowledge. Again, I'm sure the LN is fine, but standalone this doesn't hold up at all. I mean Naruto Shippuden did more with it's early eps, and that anime is notorious for it's poor pacing.

It's in a chronological order. It skips to a time where an event happens and cuts out all of the non-relevant crap. I believe it does hold-up. These characters play a vital roll in the coming arcs.

Different flow is a nice way to put it. So far what I saw was a poorly paced trainwreck. Assuming the LN's actually are good, and you're a fan of them, I'm not sure why you stand by this obviously flawed adaption. I, like many others, am a big fan of the Tsukihime VN. However not only do the majority of us dislike to poor anime adaption, we discredit it's existence entirely. As a fan of the source material, you should actually hate a bad adaption more than the rest of us.

That's how it usually goes. The original source material is better. I didn't mind the time jumps. I know the game only spanned 14 episodes. You can't fit a whole ton into that. But with what Jake said, they should have skipped the side stories and put that into a different series, leaving more room for the main plot. Episodes 5&6 were so pointless I tell everyone wbo warches the show to either skip them or prepare to be bored.

sharing exp is better becos u level up faster.

its better then Shit-On

W/ shared XP, a kill that normally gives you say 100 XP would give you 50 with two people. How is that leveling up faster?

You made me laugh in real life, wait, that wasn't a joke?

But seriously, I didn't find any of K-on funny. Must be my sense of humour.

I'll admit I have a childish side to my humor so I laugh a lot at K-on. Like everything, it all comes down to preference.

That's how it usually goes. The original source material is better. I didn't mind the time jumps. I know the game only spanned 14 episodes. You can't fit a whole ton into that. But with what Jake said, they should have skipped the side stories and put that into a different series, leaving more room for the main plot. Episodes 5&6 were so pointless I tell everyone wbo warches the show to either skip them or prepare to be bored.

Do you know what's funny? Episode 5 and Episode 6 are actually a Volume 8 side story. Also the first and second episode are not actually in volume 1 as far as I remember, they're from a LN called "Sword Art Online:Aria in the Starless Night"

W/ shared XP, a kill that normally gives you say 100 XP would give you 50 with two people. How is that leveling up faster?

Depends how fast you can kill though

You and your fascination with beating on women. Lol!

Hey Kyoshi's the one with DTB and Index II in his top 5. He even specified S2 of Index, the one with 10x more women beating. I just think it's hilariously over the top.

It's in a chronological order. It skips to a time where an event happens and cuts out all of the non-relevant crap. I believe it does hold-up. These characters play a vital roll in the coming arcs.

I would like to think all the boss battles they skipped are more relevant than whatever the hell ep 3 was.

[spoiler=jklhfklga]Hi Sachi. Bye Sachi. It's hard to believe people find that emotionally impacting, we just met them that episode, and they died as a result of their own retardation.

I'll admit I have a childish side to my humor so I laugh a lot at K-on. Like everything, it all comes down to preference.

becos u kill stuff faster

[spoiler=jklhfklga]Hi Sachi. Bye Sachi. It's hard to believe people find that emotionally impacting, we just met them that episode, and they died as a result of their own retardation.

That's actually the foundation of why Kirito is a solo player, it is actually very relevant:

Asuna's hazelnut eyes looked directly at me.

"Can you tell me why you avoid guilds... avoid people...? I don't think it's merely because you're a beta tester or a unique skill user, because you are a very kind person."

I shifted my gaze downwards and slowly rocked my chair.

"...A long time ago... over a year actually, I once joined a guild...."

The words came out so easily that it surprised me. Maybe it was because Asuna's gaze felt like it would be able to melt the pain that spiked through me every time I thought about this.

"I was offered a spot after I met and helped them by chance in a labyrinth area... It was a small guild with only six members, including me, and it had an interesting name: «Black Cats of the Full Moon»."

Asuna smiled lightly.

If I had told him my level, Keita would have thought otherwise about inviting me. But I had been getting tired of going into the Labyrinths alone day after day, and the family-like atmosphere of the «Black Cats» had made me envious. It felt like they were real-life friends, as the conversations they had with each other lacked any of the awkwardness and distance that was usually evident in online conversations between players; that had deeply appealed to me as well.

Frankly, I had no right to desire for the care of others. I had lost that right when I decided to become a solo player and selfishly leveled only for myself. But I had quelled my inner voices and joined the guild, hiding both my level and my beta-tester past.

Keita asked me if I could train one of their spear users into a sword-and-shield user. Because then there would be three forwards, including myself, and the guild would make a balanced party.

The spear user who he had entrusted to me was a quiet girl with shoulder-length black hair named Sachi. When we were introduced, she said, with an embarrassed smile, that despite being a long-time gamer, she hadn't been able to make many friends due to her personality. Whenever there were no guild activities, I had hung out with her and taught her how to use her single-handed sword.

Sachi and I were similar in a lot of ways. We were both socially awkward, preferred to wall ourselves in, and yet feared loneliness.

Then one day, she suddenly told me that she was afraid of dying, that she was so scared of this game of death that she didn't want to go out and train.

In response to her divulgence, I could only say 'I won't let you die'. I couldn't say anything else to her since I was still trying to hide my level. After she heard my response, she cried for a bit before forcing out a smile.

On another day, some time later, the five of us, all of the guild excluding Keita, went into a labyrinth. Keita didn't come with us because he had gone to bargain for a house to use as our HQ with the money that we had managed to save up.

Although the labyrinth we went to had already been cleared, there were still unexplored areas within it. One of the members discovered a treasure chest when we were preparing to leave. I recommended leaving it alone, as we were close to the front lines so the monsters had high levels. Furthermore, I didn't trust the trap dismantling skills of the members. But since only Sachi and I opposed opening the treasure chest, we lost 3 to 2 on the vote.

It was an alarm trap, one of the worst types of traps. As soon as we opened the chest, an ear-splitting alarm sounded, and monsters began to pour in from every entrance to the room. We immediately attempted to escape by teleporting.

But the trap was twofold. The room was an Anti-Crystal Area— our crystals didn't work.

There were simply too many monsters to hold back. The other members fell into complete confusion and ran around aimlessly. I tried to cut a path open by using the high class sword skills that I had been hiding up until now, but the panicked members didn't make it out in time. One by one, their HP fell to zero, and they screamed before bursting into tiny fragments. I thought that I could at least save Sachi and swung my sword endlessly.

But it was too late. I saw Sachi reaching out towards me with her hand while a monster cut her down mercilessly. Her eyes were still trusting even as she shattered like a glass statue and disappeared. She had trusted and relied on me until the very end; but because my words were weak and shallow, they had become nothing more than an empty promise, a lie.

As I closed my eyes, my mind reached over the dark veil of my memories and saw the faces of the Black Cat members; they were all sitting at the Inn's counter, bathed in an orange glow.

I cannot be forgiven. I can never pay the price for my wrongdoings.

Edited by Jakez123

That's actually the foundation of why Kirito is a solo player, it is actually very relevant:

Asuna's hazelnut eyes looked directly at me.

"Can you tell me why you avoid guilds... avoid people...? I don't think it's merely because you're a beta tester or a unique skill user, because you are a very kind person."

I shifted my gaze downwards and slowly rocked my chair.

"...A long time ago... over a year actually, I once joined a guild...."

The words came out so easily that it surprised me. Maybe it was because Asuna's gaze felt like it would be able to melt the pain that spiked through me every time I thought about this.

"I was offered a spot after I met and helped them by chance in a labyrinth area... It was a small guild with only six members, including me, and it had an interesting name: «Black Cats of the Full Moon»."

Asuna smiled lightly.

If I had told him my level, Keita would have thought otherwise about inviting me. But I had been getting tired of going into the Labyrinths alone day after day, and the family-like atmosphere of the «Black Cats» had made me envious. It felt like they were real-life friends, as the conversations they had with each other lacked any of the awkwardness and distance that was usually evident in online conversations between players; that had deeply appealed to me as well.

Frankly, I had no right to desire for the care of others. I had lost that right when I decided to become a solo player and selfishly leveled only for myself. But I had quelled my inner voices and joined the guild, hiding both my level and my beta-tester past.

Keita asked me if I could train one of their spear users into a sword-and-shield user. Because then there would be three forwards, including myself, and the guild would make a balanced party.

The spear user who he had entrusted to me was a quiet girl with shoulder-length black hair named Sachi. When we were introduced, she said, with an embarrassed smile, that despite being a long-time gamer, she hadn't been able to make many friends due to her personality. Whenever there were no guild activities, I had hung out with her and taught her how to use her single-handed sword.

Sachi and I were similar in a lot of ways. We were both socially awkward, preferred to wall ourselves in, and yet feared loneliness.

Then one day, she suddenly told me that she was afraid of dying, that she was so scared of this game of death that she didn't want to go out and train.

In response to her divulgence, I could only say 'I won't let you die'. I couldn't say anything else to her since I was still trying to hide my level. After she heard my response, she cried for a bit before forcing out a smile.

On another day, some time later, the five of us, all of the guild excluding Keita, went into a labyrinth. Keita didn't come with us because he had gone to bargain for a house to use as our HQ with the money that we had managed to save up.

Although the labyrinth we went to had already been cleared, there were still unexplored areas within it. One of the members discovered a treasure chest when we were preparing to leave. I recommended leaving it alone, as we were close to the front lines so the monsters had high levels. Furthermore, I didn't trust the trap dismantling skills of the members. But since only Sachi and I opposed opening the treasure chest, we lost 3 to 2 on the vote.

It was an alarm trap, one of the worst types of traps. As soon as we opened the chest, an ear-splitting alarm sounded, and monsters began to pour in from every entrance to the room. We immediately attempted to escape by teleporting.

But the trap was twofold. The room was an Anti-Crystal Area— our crystals didn't work.

There were simply too many monsters to hold back. The other members fell into complete confusion and ran around aimlessly. I tried to cut a path open by using the high class sword skills that I had been hiding up until now, but the panicked members didn't make it out in time. One by one, their HP fell to zero, and they screamed before bursting into tiny fragments. I thought that I could at least save Sachi and swung my sword endlessly.

But it was too late. I saw Sachi reaching out towards me with her hand while a monster cut her down mercilessly. Her eyes were still trusting even as she shattered like a glass statue and disappeared. She had trusted and relied on me until the very end; but because my words were weak and shallow, they had become nothing more than an empty promise, a lie.

As I closed my eyes, my mind reached over the dark veil of my memories and saw the faces of the Black Cat members; they were all sitting at the Inn's counter, bathed in an orange glow.

I cannot be forgiven. I can never pay the price for my wrongdoings.

Is that side story properly paced in the VN? Because it really was "Hi Sachi, bye Sachi" in the anime, which made the attempt at melodrama fall flat on it's face. Even if it is relevant due to contributing to Kirito's angst, it doesn't mean it's not atrocious writing. I heard the anime was under certain constraints, which may explain it. But I can only call them as I see them, and I haven't read the LN, nor do I care about A-1 pictures development issues.

Is that side story properly paced in the VN? Because it really was "Hi Sachi, bye Sachi" in the anime, which made the attempt at melodrama fall flat on it's face. Even if it is relevant due to contributing to Kirito's angst, it doesn't mean it's not atrocious writing. I heard the anime was under certain constraints, which may explain it. But I can only call them as I see them, and I haven't read the LN, nor do I care about A-1 pictures development issues.

The first and ONLY time you hear about the guild and Sachi in volume 1 (I.E the story), is in that extract above. Remember, Kirito is mysterious in the LN, since there's a giant timeskip we don't know what's happened to him.

But then he tells us about the guild, so we get an insight on the way he acts. The Side story (The one when we see Kirito actually spent time with them) is not mentioned in Volume 1, it's just a side story (which they put in the anime for no reason, they shoulda kept it as a flashback or something). When I say side-story, I mean volume 2.

The first and ONLY time you hear about the guild and Sachi in volume 1 (I.E the story), is in that extract above. Remember, Kirito is mysterious in the LN, since there's a giant timeskip we don't know what's happened to him.

But then he tells us about the guild, so we get an insight on the way he acts. The Side story (The one when we see Kirito actually spent time with them) is not mentioned in Volume 1, it's just a side story (which they put in the anime for no reason, they shoulda kept it as a flashback or something).

Yeah, I definitely like this approach better. The way the anime handled it is retarded. And they did it just to cram in as much fan pandering as possible. Ep 3 with it's poor one episode melodrama. Ep 4 for some loli/tentacle fanservice, as well as the "don't look" bullshit. Ep 5/6 for straight ecchi masked by a unrealistically developed mystery. And that Lizbeth ep for another mildly tsundere love interest, because Asuna just isn't enough.

Yeah, I definitely like this approach better. The way the anime handled it is retarded. And they did it just to cram in as much fan pandering as possible. Ep 3 with it's poor one episode melodrama. Ep 4 for some loli/tentacle fanservice, as well as the "don't look" bullshit. Ep 5/6 for straight ecchi masked by a unrealistically developed mystery. And that Lizbeth ep for another mildly tsundere love interest, because Asuna just isn't enough.

Should wait until the incest comes into play.

Best bit about that? ALL SIDE STORIES. They make more appearances later on though.

Best bit about that? ALL SIDE STORIES. They make more appearances later on though.

But that's the worst part. They could have left them until later, or omitted them entirely, but instead they forced them down our throats early on, because most of them will please a certain audience. SAO the anime has no artistic integrity. I'm told the Index anime did the same thing, just no where near to the same extent.

Different flow is a nice way to put it. So far what I saw was a poorly paced trainwreck. Assuming the LN's actually are good, and you're a fan of them, I'm not sure why you stand by this obviously flawed adaption. I, like many others, am a big fan of the Tsukihime VN. However not only do the majority of us dislike to poor anime adaption, we discredit it's existence entirely. As a fan of the source material, you should actually hate a bad adaption more than the rest of us.

I love you so much right now. I still have no idea why Jake is defending mediocre anime at all.

I'm so tired of hearing about LN's and VN's. Just makes me wanna rage quit.

Well, you'd feel much better about the situation if you were to go bomb the UK in this thread: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=412375&page=19

Either way, ota, watch or read anything decent lately?

Well, you'd feel much better about the situation if you were to go bomb the UK in this thread: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=412375&page=19

Either way, ota, watch or read anything decent lately?

Nope. Nothing at all. Haven't read a manga in ages and will list what I bought when it comes in.

But that's the worst part. They could have left them until later, or omitted them entirely, but instead they forced them down our throats early on, because most of them will please a certain audience. SAO the anime has no artistic integrity. I'm told the Index anime did the same thing, just no where near to the same extent.

That was my joke, I said it was the best part, but tried to put across the point that it's the crap part of the anime.

I love you so much right now. I still have no idea why Jake is defending mediocre anime at all.

I already said the show is ok, the LN is better.