Is it just me or is this game oddly incomplete...

Darkhorse4life

It is strange how this game seems almost incomplete...

There are two "tracks" on each side of 5 key to indicate that there might be some sort of 7 key mode... but from what I've seen from playing the little bit that I already have, and reading around the internet, it doesn't seem to be playable? Why have the locked tracks then?

On the same token, why have a rating scale that goes up to 8 notes... but the hardest song in the game is a 3 note song? My guess is they are planning on DLC, but this doesn't make a whole ton of sense.

XBL play is pretty much useless unless I can't figure out what is going on, but when I tried it last night you could only play 3 key... why wouldn't you be able to choose 5 key for ranked matches?

Why are there no leaderboards for songs? The lol'ing continues ;).

Honestly this game isn't that great, I bought it because I enjoy music games (and wasting money) but it seems like an awefully incomplete game. At least the pitiful track lists has some songs that I kind of like as far as random Bemani stuff goes...

What are other people's thoughts?

I think 9 songs is really disappointing and that they should add more through DLC, and it should be free to make up for only having 9 songs in the release.

Also the controls are pretty horrible and you should be able to customize them in the options menu.

has someone completed endless mode yet? I played through the arcade hoping 'S'rating everything on 5key will unlock 7key. but it didn't the lack of songs really is disappointing for XBLA title. If they piece meal this game to make it complete im gonna flip.

It is clear this is a pop n music clone. Without the peripheral the game isn't that much fun to play on the controller since the difficulty is so low...because its on a controller. :/ Definitely not worth 10$ imo.

Actually, they need to unlock the 9key modes just like the original Pop n Music, and the harder Hyper and Expert difficulties for all songs. My all time favorite songs Spicy Pieces and 100sec Kitchen Battle seems so tacky with soooo many notes missing. 100sec Kitchen Battle was a song I played at least few hundred times trying to clear it's Hyper difficulty and that is so much fun to play :)

As for the songs, they chose some of the best ones (at least they got that right, unlike the DDR team which decided to go totally english pop). Would love to see Euro Beat and Votum Stellarum as a DLC addition.

The battle mode has always been 3 button so I accept that as it is.

has someone completed endless mode yet? I played through the arcade hoping 'S'rating everything on 5key will unlock 7key. but it didn't the lack of songs really is disappointing for XBLA title. If they piece meal this game to make it complete im gonna flip.

It is clear this is a pop n music clone. Without the peripheral the game isn't that much fun to play on the controller since the difficulty is so low...because its on a controller. :/ Definitely not worth 10$ imo.

If they release the complete Pop n Music game as a retail box with 70~80 songs just like they've done on the PS1/2, I'd be so happy. To me, Pop n Music is by far the most fun rhythm game out right now.

yeah pnm is a lot of fun but if i remember correctly ASC for pnm or IIDX (my favorite bemani game) costs 300-400$ a pop. not exactly casual pricing. definitely would pick up a pnm or iidx game on the 360 w/ a solid controller. hopefully this is their way of testing the waters in the US for a pnm type of game...even if its overpriced im happy to buy it if they end up releasing an actual pnm game.

It wouldn't make any sense to update the game. As it is, the charts for 3-key and 5-key are identical, except that 3 key is LACKING the far left and right keys. The thing about updating the game is that 5 key wasn't programmed to be lacking anything, because getting an SS gives you a perfect 100,000 score. You'd have to completely remake the scoring system.