PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara > Shadow over Mystara
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-27-2013, 02:57 PM   #31
RPG Master

RPG Master 1985's Gamercard
You can steal the Ring of Protection from Evil from the green elf that is paired with Tel'Arin in 9-C. To get their you need a dwarf or the option doesn't appear.

For any of the items "dropped" by bosses, you will knock them lose from the boss before killing them. Using desperation attacks (A + B) seems to increase the chances of them appearing.

RPG Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:56 PM   #32
TooL LiSTNeR

Tool listener's Gamercard
Hi

I;m missing these items only :

Hand Axe Level 1
Battle Axe
Magic Scroll Level 8 (I assume its a random drop)

Where I can find them? and thanks in advance

EDIT: found magic scroll 8 in gateway as a random drop and got Hand Axe lvl 1 just like Silrath said by using Fighter

Last edited by TooL LiSTNeR; 06-28-2013 at 04:52 PM.
TooL LiSTNeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:21 PM   #33
Silrath

ntn sil bod's Gamercard
Hand Axe level 1 can be found before the first boss. After the first area and at the start of the second where you'll fight the boss, look for a gap in the fences and press up to walk into a house in the background. In there you'll find chests with a level 1 hand axe or level 1 short sword depending upon the character you have.
Silrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:24 PM   #34
TooL LiSTNeR

so which character should i use for hand axe level1? because the dwarf gives short sword level 1
Old 06-28-2013, 04:33 PM   #35
Silrath

ntn sil bod's Gamercard
I'd guess the fighter, given the dwarf already has an axe as his main weapon.
Silrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:03 PM   #36
TooL LiSTNeR

what about the battle axe? its the last treasure for me

EDIT : nvm found the battle in gateway 10-2 secret window in chest

Last edited by TooL LiSTNeR; 06-28-2013 at 10:38 PM.
TooL LiSTNeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:40 PM   #37
RPG Master

The battleaxe can be found in the final tower playing as the dwarf. I think its in the series of rooms opened by standing / pushing statues on switches. Hope that helps.

Old 06-30-2013, 02:23 AM   #38
GlassVial

Man you guys are good treasure hunters, I'm missing a BUNCH:

Dragon Shield
Skin of the Manticore
Horn of the Dragon
Dragon Slayer
Staff of Magical Power
Scroll Level 8

And I'm also missing from Tower of Doom:
(the very elusive?) Earring (found it)

Any help is appreciated, hope someone makes a treasure guide at some point, it would be very helpful. And a challenge guide too (although I've finished all those now). No level 20 cheevo glitch for me, thank goodness.

Update: found the earring, you have to play as the fighter, first choice in the game go to the mountains, it's in a chest during the ogre battle. ToD DONE! Now to finish up what I'm missing in SOM

Last edited by GlassVial; 06-30-2013 at 07:30 AM.
GlassVial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:23 AM   #39
Phantom-Phive

Phantom Phive's Gamercard
For the kids that still missing alot of treasures check out this dope ass in depth Treasure Guide for SOM.

http://www.ign.com/faqs/2005/dungeon...ral-faq-634765

here's another link that lists all the items the Thief can steal off enemies.

http://jonc101.tripod.com/SOM/chars/thief.htm

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Phantom-Phive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:04 AM   #40
GlassVial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom-Phive View Post
For the kids that still missing alot of treasures check out this dope ass in depth Treasure Guide for SOM.

http://www.ign.com/faqs/2005/dungeon...ral-faq-634765

here's another link that lists all the items the Thief can steal off enemies.

http://jonc101.tripod.com/SOM/chars/thief.htm
Thanks for the guides, they helped knock about 5 more things off my list. The terminology in those guides vs. this game is slightly different though, and some things aren't even mentioned in those guides at all (such as scroll level 8)
Old 06-30-2013, 05:16 PM   #41
RPG Master

Read back through the thread, a lot of the items you asked about have already been answered here.

Old 06-30-2013, 06:06 PM   #42
GlassVial

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPG Master View Post
Read back through the thread, a lot of the items you asked about have already been answered here.
Uhh, no. Here's my leftover list:

Dragon Shield
Skin of the Manticore
Horn of the Dragon
Dragon Slayer
Staff of Magical Power
Scroll Level 8

The only one on my list that was mentioned was the level 8 scroll, which was mentioned as a random drop (boo!). I understand the Horn of the Dragon MIGHT drop from fighting flamewing. Well, I've done that annoying fight about 5 times now (fortunately it's quick to get to) and not a once has it dropped.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:37 PM   #43
Com_Raven

Com Raven's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I am getting desperate here. How the eff are you supposed to get the Shield of Protection from Evil? I have spent at least 10 min trying to get through the ice pillars, but no dice.

The hit detection is absolute bullshit- I teleport through them with the MU, appear in the middle of the area away from all pillars and... voila, I get frozen and kicked out again...
Com_Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:07 PM   #44
RPG Master

I managed (after several attempts) to get past the barriers with teleport, keep trying it does take trial and error, and with the thief's double jump

Old 06-30-2013, 07:11 PM   #45
RPG Master

[QUOTE=GlassVial;5869629]Uhh, no. Here's my leftover list:

Dragon Shield - trade dragon scales for this
Skin of the Manticore - dropped by the manticore
Horn of the Dragon - dropped by the red dragon
Dragon Slayer - trade dragon horn for this
Staff of Magical Power - cleric trades dragon horn for this iirc
Scroll Level 8

for the 4 items dropped by the bosses, i had the best results using the elf (she also trades for the right items) spamming her A+B attack.

Old 06-30-2013, 07:38 PM   #46
GlassVial

Quote:
for the 4 items dropped by the bosses, i had the best results using the elf (she also trades for the right items) spamming her A+B attack.
Yup, just got done with another play-through and got very lucky, now I only need:

Skin of the Manticore
Scroll Level 8

Played the last level several times with M.User and Elf, that level 8 scroll simply does NOT want to drop!

Edit: scratch that, found the staff of magical power, finally!

Guess I'll keep plugging away, I'm happy to have whittled the list down this far.

Last edited by GlassVial; 06-30-2013 at 07:45 PM.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:39 PM   #47
GlassVial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Com_Raven View Post
I am getting desperate here. How the eff are you supposed to get the Shield of Protection from Evil? I have spent at least 10 min trying to get through the ice pillars, but no dice.

The hit detection is absolute bullshit- I teleport through them with the MU, appear in the middle of the area away from all pillars and... voila, I get frozen and kicked out again...
Dwarf cannonball should do it.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:54 PM   #48
Com_Raven

Com Raven's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassVial View Post
Dwarf cannonball should do it.
How? Doesn't the Cannonball just land you in the same spot you jumped on again? I tried it with the Teleport, and it is easy to land above the chest- however, I can't use it from there. And trying to land below the chest always insta-freezes me -.-
Old 06-30-2013, 08:31 PM   #49
GlassVial

Quote:
How? Doesn't the Cannonball just land you in the same spot you jumped on again? I tried it with the Teleport, and it is easy to land above the chest- however, I can't use it from there. And trying to land below the chest always insta-freezes me -.-
You need to move slower then, maybe try crouching movement, you have very little margin for error in that tight space, but I've gotten that shield before. Really wish there was a ring of COLD protection like there is one for fire.

BTW, this game is SUPER STINGY when it comes to dropping that level 8 scroll, I've played through the last level 3 times in a row with the elf, killed every gargoyle, lots of level 2/3/4/5 drops, NO level 8 scroll drop. VERY annoying! And it's the last one I need, too.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:45 PM   #50
RPG Master

Quote:
Once I was able to land by the chest, I actually picked it up and threw it out of the flames

Old 06-30-2013, 09:03 PM   #51
GlassVial

Quote:
Once I was able to land by the chest, I actually picked it up and threw it out of the flames
Yup, I just did the same thing with the elf (seeing as I keep doing the last level for that extremely elusive level 8 scroll). I died, continued, walked through the "ice flames" near the top corner, threw the chest out and opened it.

I'm beginning to wonder if the person that posted earlier that they got that level 8 scroll with the elf was correct, because the game sure isn't giving it to me and I've finished the last level 4 times now, killing every gargoyle in sight.

Anyone else have any ideas on that level 8 scroll? Bout ready to throw in the towel here, it's getting tedious.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:12 PM   #52
Com_Raven

Com Raven's Gamercard

Finally managed to do it with the Elf- backflip in and then throw it out from above.

And no, the Cleric trades the Dragon Horn for the Staff of Serpents- Staff of Magical Power can be found with the Magic User in the third cave of the start of Rafael (the one on the right when faling down, past the Red Dragon's lair).
Old 06-30-2013, 10:25 PM   #53
RPG Master

Ok, got those mixed up on the dragon boss apparently. All I ever got out of that chest was Staff of Elemental Power.

Old 07-02-2013, 02:44 AM   #54
GlassVial

Well I'm giving up, my game just REFUSES to give me a level 8 scroll. Just played through an entire game with the Elf AND Magic User, gave me several scrolls all the way up to level 7 (and gave me a TON of level 4's) but not one single solitary level 8 and I even hit all the hidden areas. FU game, FU.

Edit: and no sooner do I type this do I get the damn thing. W-T-F

Here's what I did, if it helps anyone else, used the Elf, started at Rafael's cave, got sword of legend, did NOT fight the red dragon, got to the gateway, got to the first set of gargoyles and 1 hellhound. For the first time ever, a WHOLE BUNCH of kobolds came out of the woodwork, I have no idea why, but the game has never thrown a pile of kobolds at me before. Not sure if the kobolds are what dropped it or if it was the gargoyle but damn that level 8 scroll was the most difficult thing to get. SO glad to finally be done!

Last edited by GlassVial; 07-02-2013 at 02:41 PM.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:15 PM   #55
sandglider

Missing two items

Anyone know where the Short Sword 3 and Short Sword 4 are? I played through the game twice with the fighter on different routes and still no dice and its my last two items...thanks!

Also for those looking for Scroll 8, I got mine with the magic user killing gargoyles during the frost salamander boss fight, then another popped up killing zombies in the first room of the tower.

Last edited by sandglider; 07-19-2013 at 03:31 PM. Reason: adding tips fir users above
sandglider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:41 AM   #56
Shdwwrym

Shdwwrym's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandglider View Post
Anyone know where the Short Sword 3 and Short Sword 4 are? I played through the game twice with the fighter on different routes and still no dice and its my last two items...thanks!
sandglider, the Elf gets Short Swords 3 and 4 from leveling up, so take her through a spin of the game and you should be done.

Looking For Elliott's Portrait in Fable 3!

Message me if you're organizing something in multiplayer for Red Dead Redemption!
Shdwwrym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 01:21 AM   #57
Damican

damican's Gamercard
Why don't I have the thieves hood? I seen something about the name but my screen isn't in Japanese the only name it gives me is moriah idk I played the game twice in a row as a thief now still can't find it
Damican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:08 AM   #58
Saracin

Send a message via AIM to Saracin Send a message via MSN to Saracin Send a message via Yahoo to Saracin

saracin's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damican View Post
Why don't I have the thieves hood? I seen something about the name but my screen isn't in Japanese the only name it gives me is moriah idk I played the game twice in a row as a thief now still can't find it
You should name her Lynn, that should start her off with the hood on. I actually found it myself, think there's a chest in 10-1 that should gives a head item for the character you're playing as.

Here's a link to the one faq I saw with info about naming and some suggested names.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/7085...ara/faqs/11489

There's also some other good info in there, so hopefully it helps some people like it helped me. Also as mentioned before when trying to get drops from bosses spam the A+B Desperate Attack, best done with the Fighter or Elf in my opinion. The last thing I needed was the Level 8 scroll, got it off a gargoyle on the last level. Best to do it with the Elf equipped with the Sword of Legend.

Last edited by Saracin; 01-31-2014 at 06:28 AM.
Saracin is offline   Reply With Quote