Season 2 is getting a PLAYABLE Boss!

Teh Paralyzer

That's pretty cool! I'm glad they finally put out some info concerning Season 2, some people had me doubting that it would even come out. I wonder if the boss would be from one of last games: like Eyedol, or some entirely new character. Personally, I am hoping that they add more new characters to roster, not just returning characters. Also pretty excited for Shadow Jago stuff, can't wait till he is more than just a clone.

I have watched the majority of the live streams, and I have heard them say at least 5-6 times that they have no plans to include Eyedol and Gargos, which means the boss character is extremely likely a new design.

They have also said that Season 2 will add more things, and include around the same number of characters as season 1. There are 6 regular cast members missing that were in KI 1 and 2 and it is likely that the boss and Shadow Jago won't add to the "roster count" of season 2. I am expecting a full return of all characters plus 2 original additions, which sounds about right. Leaving out TJ Combo, Cinder, or Riptor just cannot happen. BUT just the fact that they would need to create more "new" characters to flesh out the roster, it seems much better to bring back all 6, which at least mean they are already named and have a starting point for look, story, and fighting style, rather than create a bunch of new characters from scratch, which would take quite a bit more time I think.

A playable boss?

Hmmm.. Let me think about this for a second..

http://img.izismile.com/img/img4/20110606/1000/funny_gif_selection_34.gif

I don't know. Either has to be balanced with other fighters or simply not available in ranked/tournaments.

Good point. I misread it, I just thought it meant a boss at the end of story mode. Like Shao Kahn or something. And how can it be a boss if it is balanced?

All good news, but is season 2 gonna be a seperate game or like a dlc?

It will be added onto this game, they have said it a bunch of times... that if KI stays hot, they can just keep stacking more and more content onto the core game.

Chances are, the boss character will NOT be allowed in ranked play. However, all they really have to do is adjust small things like damage done, damage taken, hitboxes, combo meter, shadow meter gains, Instinct damage/gains. Pretty easy to do really, IF you design it with things like that in mind anyway, to make it boss rage mode AI and then more balanced when player controlled.

Good point. I misread it, I just thought it meant a boss at the end of story mode. Like Shao Kahn or something. And how can it be a boss if it is balanced?

Only way I see a boss being balanced and playable in a ranked/tournament situation is if they're primarily made to be balanced against the entire cast in the first place and simply beefed up for story mode. As in, they inflict more damage while taking less and faster frame recovery on special moves to allow impossible combos. Take them to a ranked match and those buffs get removed, putting them on equal ground with any of the cast.

I'm sure, it will work out fine. Either the boss will be OP and unplayable in ranked/tournaments or balanced and playable across all game modes. Just looking forward to the 9th as of right now. :dance:

Only way I see a boss being balanced and playable in a ranked/tournament situation is if they're primarily made to be balanced against the entire cast in the first place and simply beefed up for story mode. As in, they inflict more damage while taking less and faster frame recovery on special moves to allow impossible combos. Take them to a ranked match and those buffs get removed, putting them on equal ground with any of the cast.

I'm sure, it will work out fine. Either the boss will be OP and unplayable in ranked/tournaments or balanced and playable across all game modes. Just looking forward to the 9th as of right now. :dance:

I'm thinking the same. Would make sense to beef him up in Story.

Did you guys see Fulgore doesn't have a shadow meter on the button. It is like some bar with a nuclear symbol? Sorta like the character on Blazblue that had a different meter than every other character.

Makes me wonder what changes Season 2 can bring.

Edited by Teh Paralyzer

good news hope they keep adding to the game, i would prefer that to alternate games like other fighting games (Street Fighter etc) do when they add content, this would mean the online should stay active and improve the variety.

I'm thinking the same. Would make sense to beef him up in Story.

Did you guys see Fulgore doesn't have a shadow meter on the button. It is like some bar with a nuclear symbol? Sorta like the character on Blazblue that had a different meter than every other character.

Makes me wonder what changes Season 2 can bring.

Yeah, Fulgore's meter is something to behold. Seems like it possible to hold 3 stocks of super with his meter.

Could that mean he's.. Wait for it.. OP?:D