Winter DLC Available

Jmocox

At time of this post xbox.com doesn't have the achievement list updated but there are 3 new achievements. Not Texas Heat related.

Poker Aficionado: 20G

Win with every Poker hand except a Royal Flush

Awesome Foursome: 15G

Win 10 hands with Four of a Kind

On A Run: 15G

Win 5 hands in a row

Poker Aficionado is thankfully retroactive as having to get another Straight Flush would have been a nightmare. It popped for me when I started the game up today.

Ten 4-of-a-kinds won't be nearly as bad on this game as it would on most other poker games, since as a few people have brought up before, really great hands come up WAY more often than they should here. I think they intentionally made it that way for showmanship. I get Full Houses and Straights with unrealistic regularity.

I unlocked 2 achievements for the new DLC before they showed up on Xbox.com, so am I now screwed and have to recover my gamertag and re-earn them, or is that something that will fix itself?

I unlocked Poker Aficionado as soon as I booted up the game. Hopefully Awesome Foursome also counts previous hands and I just haven't had 10 quads yet. If not, that is going to take forever to get.

Achievements still aren't showing up on Xbox.com or on my personal "Achievements" tab on my dashboard, so I am getting worried I may have to recover my gamertag and redo them, but I'll wait and see first before doing anything drastic.

I am almost positive that Awesome Foursome is NOT retroactive as I have almost 20,000 hands played and almost 10,000 hands won, not to mention that the 10 Full Houses achievement was not even partially retroactive,

I unlocked 2 achievements for the new DLC before they showed up on Xbox.com...

I am almost positive that Awesome Foursome is NOT retroactive

I also unlocked 2 achievements after downloading the new DLC. But I got

'Poker Aficionado' and 'Awesome Foursome'. Did you get 'On A Run' - Win 5 hands in a row?

I also unlocked 2 achievements after downloading the new DLC. But I got

'Poker Aficionado' and 'Awesome Foursome'. Did you get 'On A Run' - Win 5 hands in a row?

So you got Awesome Foursome retroactively? That would be great if it was awarded for previous hands played. I'm just surprised I didn't have 10 of them so far with almost 10,000 hands won.

I got 'On A Run' playing today, not retroactively. Pretty easy to do playing against the CPU.

Are anyone's new DLC achievements showing up on their Xbox.com profile yet?

can you still get the 2500 hands achievement wen ya going for the new achievements as the 2500 hands is for last season

It's hard to say for sure but I would think so. You can still unlock the 10,000 hands played from the previous DLC. I know that wasn't exactly tied to Texas Heat though.

i know that i have gotten at least one of each hand, including royal flush) and poker aficionado has yet to pop. I am starting to really loathe this game

as for the 5 hands in a row, I found the pro-takedowns against a cautious player to work the best. first five hands and you have it.

regular single player you will have at least one or more call you with the dumbest stuff and win.

i know that i have gotten at least one of each hand, including royal flush) and poker aficionado has yet to pop. I am starting to really loathe this game

The way the 10 Full House achievement worked was that you had to WIN the SHOWDOWN for it to count. If you went All-In and nobody called, or if you had a Full House and did NOT win, you wouldn't get the achievement.

I got a Straight Flush during Texas Heat and no one called it, then at the end of the show it did not show my best hand as being a Straight Flush since it was not in a Showdown.

I'd suggest anyone with a 4-of-a-kind or straight flush to only CALL through the showdown and not raise for fear of everyone folding.

Edited by Gunstar Red