Question about sharing DLC

BigMo763

I'm not too familiar with DLC licensing, so hopefully somebody can provide some insight.

I want to finish some achievements I am missing that require DLC (Saint's Row 2, for example). My buddy has the DLC on his console, so if I recover my profile on his console or transport it using a USB memory stick will I be able to play the DLC? Just want to see if anyone knows if this is possible before I spend the MS Points...

DLC can only be played by the gamertag that originally downloaded it while they are online or by anyone on the console that originally downloaded it while online or offline. Any other circumstances and you won't have access to it.

Thanks... it was worth a shot!

Say the content was downloaded on console 1 by profile 1.

C1 + P1 = Yes

C1 + P2 = Yes, but only if P1 is also signed in.

C2 + P1 = Yes

C2 + P2 = No

If this doesn't make sense then I'll explain it much better, I guess I'm feeling a bit lazy today.

So if I recover my profile onto his console I can play the DLC if he also plays or is signed in, correct?

So if I recover my profile onto his console I can play the DLC if he also plays or is signed in, correct?

He didn't quite get that right. As long as its played on the console that originally downloaded it, anyone can access and play it no matter who is online or offline. So you could recover your profile onto his console (or move it with a usb stick) and play it, but there is no need for him to be online. It can also be played on your console, but to do so, you would need his gamertag on your console, and he would have to be online (from your console) while you play it.