10 catches in a row/20 completions in a row

K1LLxSW1TCH650

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These achievements are so damn lame or there glitched for me or something. I did the HB opition, under shotgun pass pg. 5 i think. I threww 15 passes for a gain to player X, there was only one pass that was 1 yard, all others for for a larger gain. I did it over the course of two drives that resulted in TD's. Then once i threw an incompletion after 15 receptions in a row, i super simed it to the end. It was on 5 min quarters, patriots vs. raiders on rookie difficulty. I am really fucken fed up with these achievements, beyond immagination. So please someone help, tell me what i am doing wrong.

I also think the "20 completions in a row" achievement is glitched. I got it in franchise mode with the Titans (vs Saints) on all-pro difficulty: it unlocked at the end of the game, I was very surprised because I don't pass the ball a lot and I got picked 2 times and threw a few incompletions. So I checked the replays and found out I never ever got more than 8 completions in a row. Stone cold glitch.

killlah631, you bring up a valid point:

What exactly does the computer determine a completed pass? Is it a lateral HB pitch? Does a regular INC pass that just falls limply to the ground for some-ass reason not get docked against your streak? Does anyone really know the exact definitions of what will get you this vile little achievement and what will put on the suck? We need a reliable strategy with specific gameplay settings and any caveats in order to put the definitive 'how-to' on this. Then let's upload that to the guide, because it seems that many of us are either too stupid (me) or unlucky (y'all) to get this on the quick-quick. The game guide has some things, but I haven't been able to make those suggestions work for me yet, either.

killlah631, you bring up a valid point:

What exactly does the computer determine a completed pass? Is it a lateral HB pitch? Does a regular INC pass that just falls limply to the ground for some-ass reason not get docked against your streak? Does anyone really know the exact definitions of what will get you this vile little achievement and what will put on the suck? We need a reliable strategy with specific gameplay settings and any caveats in order to put the definitive 'how-to' on this. Then let's upload that to the guide, because it seems that many of us are either too stupid (me) or unlucky (y'all) to get this on the quick-quick. The game guide has some things, but I haven't been able to make those suggestions work for me yet, either.

Yeah buck wyyld I know exactly what your talking about, like I kind of get the concept, but yet I still don't know exactly. I don't know but whatever I got 1000 on this already.

And for people still having trouble on this...use 2 controllers, set the defense up to punt return middle, as the line will charge in and there will just be one defender like 50 yards out...just pass to the same receiver, same play, run back a little bit just so you get a small gain, and repeat, and you can get 10 completions per drive.

I finished it off tonight, too. Here's what I did for the 20 catches-in-a-row achievement:

1) Set up a game with Steelers vs. Texans.

2) Choose the Shotgun formation from the Pass Plays, then select the play in which your fullback (RB button, aka Kreidler, no sé que chingado) runs to the right, then turns upfield at the edge of the field.

3)Be sure to pass to him as he turns around to look at Rothsburger (sp?) but not too early, or it'll be a lateral pass, none to yer benefits.

4)Be sure to run 3+ yards gain per play with him before going out of bounds.

4)Rinse and repeat 20x. Maybe do a few for safety, just because this game is rather finicky about this ach.

With this formation and play, there is a huge window for him to actually catch the ball with no defenders anywhere near him. Then he just trucks past people sometimes to virtually guarantee a 3 yard+ gain everytime. I used this same play for the 100% passing shiznit, too. Why the Steelers? They seemed to have an exploitable set of pass plays that moved away from the defensive line, which is where you're going to get swatted/dropped/etc.

Good luck!

If you throw the ball backwards after the snap it counts as a rushing play, thats the danger with screen plays. Step back a bit so u make sure it's a forward pass.

Throwing the ball backwards to a screen man is just the same as if you handed it off for a regular rushing play.

If you are always in the shotgun and can read defenses this achievement is relatively easy. Especially when your receivers are matched up against opposition linebackers.

If not, just do two controllers and any crazy defenses and it should also be a breeze, barring any stupid EA glitches that are apparent in many of their games.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I can't get it to unlock at all I'll go through a game throwing only to my tight end i'll be around 30/30 and still wont get it why not?

This thread is about two achievements, which one can't you get??

If I remember the 20 completions achievements has to be consecutive, meaning 20 straight completions. No fumbles, runs, dropped passes or turn-overs. They do not have to be to the same player, but must be consecutive.

Just because one player is 30/30 does not necessarily mean you'll get the achievement.

The 10 catches in a row achievement has similar requirements, but must be done with the same receiver.

I'm sure this is detailed out in the achievement guide.

Right let me clarify I run the same play over and over no fumbles, sack, nothing and throw it to the same guy over and over no drops with the same QB. I would think that should net me both achievements but yet I have neither. I just deleted all my saved info for Madden 08 hopefully it will unlock now.

Deleted my Madden save. Load of bullshit really this is frustrating as fuck when I continually do what it asks me and the achievement just wont unlock. 23/23 all from rivers to gates the TE I dont understand whats going on. I did all 23 in one drive and in a row then supersimmed to the end do i have to play out the whole game or what?

• 3 weeks later...

omg i actually hate this achievement!

im playing as the patriots against the browns and i have edited stats in player management to make browns rubbish and the pats good

i just cant seem to find a play option to use that is good and that is there all the time. This may be obvious but im from the uk and know nothing about american football

if possible can someone tell me step by step exactly what to do without any football jargon?

thanks

this is said in another post which i believe pants party discussed(don't get mad at me if it was someone else!)...use two controllers..receive with the 1st player controller and set the defense to punt block/field goal block either or and then the easiest to do is shotgun so you dont get sacked...i just found a nice play where B had a straight route out and i would just throw right away and then run back some yards so i got 10 completions per drive...took only 2 drives to get the 20 completions/10 catches and then i supersimmed the rest...

Thanks for this, never thought of it. Worked first try.

• 2 weeks later...

Screw this game. I got every achievement except the recover 2 fumbles with one player legit and I've been trying for several hours to get these two passing achievements and it won't give them to me. I followed buck wyyld's steelers strategy with the shotgun pass to the fullback and it worked like a charm. I went 35 for 35 before dropping a pass. I made sure it was not a lateral. I checked stats and it even said all were receptions. I had no rushes except for QB for when I had to scramble and run it. Still no achievements after the game. They're glitched! I'm done with it.

Edited: Never mind. I finally got these 2 annoying achievements. I just couldn't return the game knowing I only had these two to get. This is the way I did it: I deleted my profile and restarted the game with a new saved profile. I adjusted all the sliders for my offense and the CPU's defense. I was the steelers against the texans. I chose the play formation under Quick Pass - "Slant Attack." I threw to my (A) receiver, name is Washington. Throw it as he slants across from the right to the left. To top it off, I alternated between that play and a hb dive every other play just to throw off the defense. I finished the 5min. quarter game going 29 for 29 and got both achievements. It seems the trick really was deleting the profile first for some reason. And also not throwing to the hb or fb by doing screens which was what I tried all the time previously. It seems it's too hard to get them beyond the line of scrimmage all the time and some passes always get counted as a lateral. So don't throw to hb's or fb's.

OK!

I think I'm on to something here.

So, I have tried for this achievement about 4 times. For the first 3 times, I used the Redskins, I selected the play "TE FLAT" and I threw to Chris Cooley every time, completing 30/30 or something of the sort, but no achievement.

So, I tried again just now, and thought about it. I think that madden only registers a completed catch if it is down the middle.

With that in mind, I select the TE across play, and go 28/28, and the achievement comes.

I DIDN'T DO IT ALL ON ONE DRIVE.

SO IF YOU'RE FRUSTRATED, try to choose plays that have the TE or reciever GOING THROUGH THE MIDDLE, NOT OUTS.

I think that may be the problem.

• 2 weeks later...