Gnasher or sawed off? (online)

iLLMATICxKiNG

Gnasher or sawed off? (online)  

455 members have voted

1. 1. Gnasher or sawed off? (online)

• Gnasher
    • Sawed off

I think its hilarious that people call the sawed-off user's noobs. Honestly if you can't see the enemy rushing you with 2 giant barrels in his hands and you don't have the common sense to back up and shoot the trusty lancer in his face well, you deserve to die and could arguably be called the "noob" in that situation. With that said. I like both and use them evenly.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha everyone bitching about how the sawed-off is for noobs are a fucking dumb-ass and must be the "actual noobs" both guns take skill. with the sawed-off you HAVE to be point blank to get a kill and HAVE to be quick and fast reacting! if you can't see the people using the sawed-off to blow your stupid ass to pieces then you are definitely the REAL NOOB of Gears Of War 3 and can't admit you just got your ass handed to you. every shotgun and lancer has their own perks... LEARN HOW TO PLAY OR SHUT THE FUCK UP :)

Edited by jroc10991

I'm using the saw'd off right now but not because i can't use the Gnasher, i'm using it because it's new and a diff way to play. I don't hang around corners and wait on you; i use the cover to get close to you then wait till you're out of ammo and rush you.

Imo Gnasher > Saw'd off because for one you can spot the saw'd pretty easy and you know they have to get very close to be effective with it. Gnasher has some decent range on it and if it comes down to it a retro lancer/lancer will gun down SO users before they can get close enough.

I will admit tho most every one i've seen with it just camp corners but then again i've also seen a lot of Gnasher users do the same thing. The Gnasher is on par with the SO i've been one shotted by a Gnasher user before i can pull the trigger with the saw'd off many times. Things have changed, the SO adds a new variable to the mix; you can't play this game like gears 1 or 2 you have to factor in the SO now.

It does, the only people bitching are the ones who get killed by it and aren't man enough to admit each gun has their strong suits and their disadvantages. You clearly understand this and weighed them in your mind, like any intelligent person would. Plus anyone that does use it knows it's not a fast reload if you miss, or even if you manage to kill someone. So after one shot your rolling around like a retard, trying to get that reload, so you can blast anyone behind the guy you just may have or have not killed.

I wouldnt mind it that much, even though its basically a free kill rather then a gnasher its at least 2 shots before a third to kill them, but iwas playing the other day and everyone on the other team was using it, and when they missed with their shot rather then run away as others have said, they then tried to melee me down which is rather annoying!!

I just hate the way the Sawn off is used. Run, shoot, get kill, run away. OR Run, shoot, miss, jump everywhere and run away, get active, run back at later time, get kill. Its just annoying when your shooting someone with any other gun and Bam...Sawn off instant kill. Best tactic so far is just aiming down with the gnash and backing up while they are rushing, its helped alot.

Edited by Schism

I just hate the way the Sawn off is used. Run, shoot, get kill, run away. OR Run, shoot, miss, jump everywhere and run away, get active, run back at later time, get kill. Its just annoying when your shooting someone with any other gun and Bam...Sawn off instant kill. Best tactic so far is just aiming down with the gnash and backing up while they are rushing, its helped alot.

lol you get 4 shots with it, there aint that much running and jumping that you can do. Plus, to get a kill with it, you need to be point blank. If you're letting someone get that close to you, then of course you're going to get killed

You could unload a full gnasher clip into me before I even get close enough to damage you with the sawed off, and by that staged i'd be dead

Its just range vs power in my opinion

I am disgusted by the amount of votes towards the Sawn-Off. The gun is cheap and a clear indiciation of Gears wanting to open the multipler up to 'new'/'bad' gamers. Its one almost always instant death shot generally allows the person to get 1 kill before that die due to lack of skill in other areas which i'm fine with.

What i really really dislike is when players that are actually skilled at the game turn to it; its the equivalent of the MP40/AK74u from the CoD series in Gears. I often dream about how much better the game would be without its existence, tough battles of Gnasher on Gnasher as opposed to a person camping around a corner, steping out and obliterating all in its path.

Is it avoidable? Yes by all means, simply knowing an individual has the Sawn-Off can make them a lot easier to dispose of (generally because they are shit players) Doesnt mean its fair or justifies its existence. With the Gnasher and individual has a percentage change of not being 1shoted even if the other person shoots first, with the Sawn-Off 9/10 times it will be an instant kill.

I understand that the Gnasher is in many ways a better weapon, it has more ammo (which really doesn't make that much of a difference considering how easy it is to run away whilst reloading) and more range and with skill it can be a 1shot almost everytime. Its just mainly the fact the Sawn-Off completely changes the feeling of the Gears experience, it promotes simply waiting behind corners (not in cover as to hide your arms) or rushing up and quickly firing from the hip.

Edited by Mother Beef

If you are dumb enough to run at a guy with DBS you can't complain about it being overpowered, you can complain about being an idiot. The only time the DBS is crap is when some dick camps behind cover waiting for you to try and jump kick over them.

100% agree

In the beginning i hate the sawed off, because nearly EVERYONE use it and kill me with it, but after a while i use it too.

I start to use it allways. I play only King of the Hill matches and last time i got 56 kills with it. Points over points and i want to reach a high level as fast as i can so i go this way.

After all i realy give a f*** about other people if they go crazy in an MP match about my playstyle. Run to the KotH ring, kill one/two with one shot, run away, reload, run back, kill again, capture the ring, done.

I am disgusted by the amount of votes towards the Sawn-Off. The gun is cheap and a clear indiciation of Gears wanting to open the multipler up to 'new'/'bad' gamers. Its one almost always instant death shot generally allows the person to get 1 kill before that die due to lack of skill in other areas which i'm fine with.

What i really really dislike is when players that are actually skilled at the game turn to it; its the equivalent of the MP40/AK74u from the CoD series in Gears. I often dream about how much better the game would be without its existence, tough battles of Gnasher on Gnasher as opposed to a person camping around a corner, steping out and obliterating all in its path.

Is it avoidable? Yes by all means, simply knowing an individual has the Sawn-Off can make them a lot easier to dispose of (generally because they are shit players) Doesnt mean its fair or justifies its existence. With the Gnasher and individual has a percentage change of not being 1shoted even if the other person shoots first, with the Sawn-Off 9/10 times it will be an instant kill.

I understand that the Gnasher is in many ways a better weapon, it has more ammo (which really doesn't make that much of a difference considering how easy it is to run away whilst reloading) and more range and with skill it can be a 1shot almost everytime. Its just mainly the fact the Sawn-Off completely changes the feeling of the Gears experience, it promotes simply waiting behind corners (not in cover as to hide your arms) or rushing up and quickly firing from the hip.

lol ok so i put away my sawed off, and pull out my chainsaw.... no difference at all. People will still hide behind corners and get the cheap kills, it happens in every game.... and always has with gears. The Sawed Off has added nothing new in that department. Plus if it didn't kill in one shot, it would be utterly pointless unless they added two shells to the barrel

I'm disgusted at the amount of people complaining about it. I've been killed by the gnasher a lot more then I have the sawed off, thats for sure.

If it was such a noob friendly gun, then everyone would be dying by it, but its still the gnasher that nets the most kills, not the sawed off

The sawed off isn't necessarily a no skill gun its just that the majority of people who use it hides for the kills with it that's why its considered a noon weapon I hate it because its urges people to camp so I think if its gonna stay that strong and wide spread they should increase the gnashers spread or let it equal the sawed. Offs damage for those camping bitches:drunk