Brothers to the End

SoBeRxFTW

Yeah it was a sad one. I hate that the achievement gave it away though. When I started playing the chapter, I thought oh man, dom is gonna get infected and they'll have to kill him! (I thought it was gonna happen at that scene where he is taking off his cog tag and was all alone for a while).

Did anyone notice the version of Mad World that was being played? It was a little different than the others, I liked it... very fitting for that scene. Darker I guess, IDK. I wonder if it's on the OST for the game? so far only way to listen to it on youtube is through clips showing the full scene.

no, i have read non of them, i just PMd u saying i've read none of them because the conclusion of the story etc is in my best interest atm, then i will read the books to fill in the gaps.

Indeed you did. I strongly Recommend Reading the Books.

But i think EPIC did a bad job on showing how the loss off Dom affected the rest of the team.. Its like "Oh well.. Hes dead.. Lets move on..." Would appreciate more feelings shown, and maybe a proper burial at the end.. But thats just me being picky on small details..

Now I absolutely Agree with you, but This is how Soldiers are Trained to React. There's nothing they could've done about it, and the mission still needed to be Finished. Then Again its Practically the End of the World. Maybe at least some Tears from Sam and Marcus and Anya.

I thought his death was idiotic.
I would say more Unnecessary than Idiotic.

Did anyone notice the version of Mad World that was being played? It was a little different than the others, I liked it... very fitting for that scene. Darker I guess, IDK. I wonder if it's on the OST for the game? so far only way to listen to it on youtube is through clips showing the full scene.

The Song fit Very well, especially considering the Mad World Video was Really Where we First Saw Dom Five Years Ago.

And to all you people who are saying "havent you read the books" and bla bla bla...

FUCK THE BOOKS!

You ever considered that when Dom visited the grave and "talked" to Maria, that he actually realised how much he missed her?

Maybe he thinked they were not going to make it and then found out he could help the team carry on and as a final goodbye offer himself and then live on in the heavens with his wife and kids?

No. Just No. You Simply Can not make an Accurate Judgement on the Character or motive of Dom if you haven't read the books.

Sure, what your Saying would make sense for those who haven't read the Books. But its simply not the Whole Truth/Story. His "Talking" to Maria, and Putting her Necklace on the Grave was him saying He is Ready to move on with his life, that He Cares for another Person Greatly. What do you have against Books? Read the Books if you want the Whole Story.

Edited by ZingZitang

No. Just No. You Simply Can not make an Accurate Judgement on the Character or motive of Dom if you haven't read the books.

Sure, what your Saying would make sense for those who haven't read the Books. But its simply not the Whole Truth/Story. His "Talking" to Maria, and Putting her Necklace on the Grave was him saying He is Ready to move on with his life, that He Cares for another Person Greatly. What do you have against Books? Read the Books if you want the Whole Story.

I got nothing against books.. I was kinda harsh going out like that, but it's the game we discuss now, if EPIC wanted all people to know about all the stuff you guys mention that finds place in the books they surely would put it in the game somehow.. And who's Karen Traviss exactly? Is she involved with the game? Before i pick up the books i really want to know her part in the GAME's storyline...

She wrote all the Gears of War books and was the lead writer of Gears of War 3's story.

Thanks..

Well, guess i gotta pick up the books then.. Just did a search at my local book-shop and they got them all and for a very nice price too so i will get them next week i think..

What about the comics? Did a quick search and found out that Karen Traviss also wrote some comic-books about GOW that DC COMICS(!) is publishing..

I LOVED IT SO MUCH I HATED HIM :p ever since the second and he goes all emotional over maria boo hoo you have cut through hundreds of locusts and your crying over your wife throughout the rest of the game, then at the start hes playing with plants in dungerees (cant spell) i was shouting do it do it do it when he sped off down that tunnel. EPIC are awesome, the MP is amazing, the ending is satisfying and he dies bloody job well done if you ask me :D

I've had mixed feelings towards Dom, he was okay in Gears 1 but in Gears 2 I got tired of his whole sob story. All of that changed in Brothers to the End, not only did he have one of the greatest sidekick lines ever when he talked about Marcus saving the world and how he had to be there for him, but when sacrificed himself after getting some closure with Maria I knew that I had underestimated him and that he was a great character all along. And when Marcus later refers to him as his brother that was touching. No tears from me but a lot of emotion.

I was touched by this scene. I'm not a very emotional person, but I really felt the emotional build-up to this scene. I particularly liked how Dom finally let it all out right at the end. Also, Marcus getting visibly emotional was made all the better right when he explodes at Griffin.

Unfortunately, the scene was ruined for me because two of the three people I was playing with decided to be assholes and started laughing through the scene. Never mind that one of our two sacred rules when we play together is "Don't talk during cutscenes." The other is "No spoilers." One of them then started bitching about how much the scene and campaign sucked, but he has a pole so far up his ass that he is impossible to please. *Ahem.*