Cannot beat final boss on Hardcore!! (Possible Spoilers)

Meagan47

*UPDATE* FINALLY BEAT IT. That was one of the most annoying boss fights I've done in time. I don't even wanna know what it's like on insane. What a bitch.

Me and my friend are both playing on hardcore difficulty and can't seem to beat Myrrah. We somehow get overrun by so many enemies the final time she is on the tower and she ends up killing Adam Fenix everytime, or we die because our dumbass teammates are too distracted with the s**tload of strong grubs to come revive us. Seriously, there are so many friggin guys that we get downed every 2 seconds and the game lags so hard because there is too much going on. We're getting attacked from both sides so we can't even shoot her off!

Did anyone else have any difficulty with this? We watched videos of people defeating her and for some reason they are barely getting attacked by her guards meanwhile we are getting swarmed.

Edited by Meagan47

Me and a friend had a problem because Baird(AI) picked up a boom shield and wouldn't drop it to revive us. That was one of the biggest problems and i think we only died once. The boss battle just sucked though because it was so repetitive. At least you got to fight Raam and Skorge. I felt the queen was under used and differed way too much from her appearance in Gears of War 2.

Me an a group of friends had a word for word experience on hardcore. A giant cluster fuck of enemies (screamers, royal guards) and a last boss that takes a beating.

I just beat insane on my recording run and i can confirm the last phase takes 3 FULL hammer of dawns to kill and how i survived the madness of all the therons, i can't explain, but I can gurantee it's gonna give people grey hairs cos the check points are real harsh.

Haven't gotten to the last boss yet but im playing hardcore on my first run and for some reason i think the other gears games were harder than this one, idk maybe it's just me.

i was in the same boat the game is easy on hardcore UNTIL the end boss, then it steps up . As for insane i guess 4 player co op will be easier as 2 can aim just to clear all therons while the other 2 tackle the beast. Oh an dodging her flame light thingy.

This was such a pain on hardcore! I can't even imagine trying it solo on insane...

Things that really helped me where setting up grenades I had left as mines, using HoD on enemies and using the Hammerburst (really helps to quickly take out those drones at a distance).

oh yea and active reload is a must. I don't even bother firing at the queen unless I have that up, it gets her down on the ground/off the tower so much faster.

Yeah the game was really easy on hardcore, up til the boss. 3 players could not defeat her, but then we tried it with 2 players and we did it on the first attempt, 2 times. Having 2 bots with you who can take more damage probably did it.

I'm about to do this on insane 4 players co-op, wish us luck.

I've just cleared act 4 on insane, and whenever I play through a game on the harder difficulties I take note of what spots I think will give me trouble... Nothing really stood out on hardcore... I've been repeatedly demolished in short order.. It's outstanding on insane. Jacking the barge, right outside of Griffon's tower when you go for the fuel, and the first armored Kantis fight are rough. I can't wait to see this last fight...

How do you avoid the Therons and Shriekers? Don't they keep spawning?

Yeah, they keep coming. At least the Therons are nice enough to drop ammo but be careful of the Shriekers because they like to aim for you and explode when you shoot them out of the air. I just stayed near the Hammer of Dawn ammo and my teammates mostly kept the other enemies distracted. To be honest, I think me beating her was just the luck of the draw. The enemy AI can be pretty random.

Lol you all know you have to beat it twice on insane to get all the onyx badges, once on standard and once on arcade.

Beating it in Arcade gave me the medal for beating it on Standard as well....

Still not sure why so many people are having a hard time with this boss. I don't think they throw anything remotely overwhelming at you as long as you're smart about your positioning.

As Seany said, play with friends. I did this with him and 2 others and I have to admit, even if the others don't agree, I thought it was really easy compared to earlier spots.

We only died a few times each and that was only from the main boss attack and for me doing silly things. Other than that it just takes a while cause she takes loads of hits.

So if you found it hard on Hardcore, good luck with certain parts on Insane!

Ive been fighting the queen in 4player co-op arcade for 3 days and havent managed to beat her. Never have I seen a harder boss fight in my life!

Same here. I need some madd help here.

If I host a game on Campaign Standard. Could you guys/girls play on Casual, me on Insane. Then I do it to you vis versa?