Brothers to the End

SoBeRxFTW

I cried throughout that chapter. Alot of very emotional stuff, more so if you have read the books.

*Mini spoiler*

The hardest part was Marcus breaking down. To see him, the definition of bad ass, break down like a normal person. that's what hit me the hardest.

Edited by WickedD365

I cried throughout that chapter. Alot of very emotional stuff, more so if you have read the books.

*Mini spoiler*

The hardest part was Marcus breaking down. To see him, the definition of bad ass, break down like a normal person. that's what hit me the hardest.

ESPECIALLY if you have read the Books. I seriously have no Drive to finish the Campaign now. No amount of happy ending Bullshit can fix this.

I will Admit that I never Saw it coming, and I Definitely Teared up.

Definitely just. . . Sad, seeing Marcus like that, and What about Sam? He was just starting to let himself Develop Feelings for her. That really Pisses me off.

Edited by ZingZitang

Absolutely a goosebump scene, but i must admit that the scene in Gears Of War 2 where Dom finds Maria made the hair in my neck rise even more then this scene..

But i think EPIC did a bad job on showing how the loss off Dom affected the rest of the team.. Its like "Oh well.. Hes dead.. Lets move on..." Would appreciate more feelings shown, and maybe a proper burial at the end.. But thats just me being picky on small details..

ESPECIALLY if you have read the Books. I seriously have no Drive to finish the Campaign now. No amount of happy ending Bullshit can fix this.

I will Admit that I never Saw it coming, and I Definitely Teared up.

Definitely just. . . Sad, seeing Marcus like that, and What about Sam? He was just starting to let himself Develop Feelings for her. That really Pisses me off.

maybe he didn't want to and he wanted to stay commited so in a way, he saved himself from himself, which is ironic in the way that he did it XD

i really hope dizzy and carmine survive tho, i'd be pissed if they killed off dizzy. i really feel there's a loose end with dizzy tho. like, how the fuck did he survive the fight with skorge and not get captured & tortured along with Tai?

Edited by chainsawsquirrel

Have you Read the Books? More Specifically Coalitions End? He was Definitely, albeit slowly, letting himself move on.

Dom has grown ALOT throughout the Gears series. From his first Commando mission at Aspho Point, the day his daughter was born, to sacrificing himself in 3. He was ready and it was the only way to save him "family".

In Coalition's End he is/has come to terms with what happened to his kids while trying to get Maria to accept there was nothing she could do.

The part where Dom shows Marcus the kids untouched rooms really hit me hard. Just Dom showing that area to Marcus was a huge step for him.

@Chainsawsquirrel: Have you not learned to multiquote? We don't need a million post to reply to one thread.

Have you Read the Books? More Specifically Coalitions End? He was Definitely, albeit slowly, letting himself move on.

no, i have read non of them, i just PMd u saying i've read none of them because the conclusion of the story etc is in my best interest atm, then i will read the books to fill in the gaps.

@Chainsawsquirrel: Have you not learned to multiquote? We don't need a million post to reply to one thread.

exaggeration's obviously you're strong point.

Edited by chainsawsquirrel

I didnt cry, but I am definately sad about what happened. I feel almost as if I had a 5 year emotional investment in these characters then it was just thrown away. I liked Dom's character and had a feeling it would happen, but still didnt want it to. Marcus without Dom is like peanut butter without jelly... It just bugs me.

Absolutely a goosebump scene, but i must admit that the scene in Gears Of War 2 where Dom finds Maria made the hair in my neck rise even more then this scene..

But i think EPIC did a bad job on showing how the loss off Dom affected the rest of the team.. Its like "Oh well.. Hes dead.. Lets move on..." Would appreciate more feelings shown, and maybe a proper burial at the end.. But thats just me being picky on small details..

I totally agree. Everyone was like: "Let's go kill those bastards!"

And that was it. It should have showed them each crying or fighting back tears or something. Jesus Christ they aren't bulletproof.

I thought his death was idiotic. All he had to do was open the door and roll out like they do in all the action movies. His death should have been better.

Maybe he wanted to die? Which was most likely the case. Saved his buddies and gets to be with his family again. Makes perfect sense.

Maybe he wanted to die? Which was most likely the case. Saved his buddies and gets to be with his family again. Makes perfect sense.

Have to agree on this one...

And to all you people who are saying "havent you read the books" and bla bla bla...

FUCK THE BOOKS!

You ever considered that when Dom visited the grave and "talked" to Maria, that he actually realised how much he missed her?

Maybe he thinked they were not going to make it and then found out he could help the team carry on and as a final goodbye offer himself and then live on in the heavens with his wife and kids?

it was incredibly sad to watch Dom sacrifice himself to save the others :(. not going lie.. it brought a tear to my eye, and made me more aggressive to kill all those lambent bastards!! and later on when Marcus lets his emotions go.. WOW.. how sad and angry he got, and how he told off Griffin and the ash man.. just WOW. such an emotional, action packed, dramatic, engaging campaign... THIS GAME JUST HAS TO GET GAME OF THE YEAR!!!

Not ashamed to say I had some tears during the scene. I played all of act 4 with a feeling that no other game has given me and had to pause a certain points because my tears were blurring my vision.:(

The first Gears of War was the game that got me into gaming. I played videogames before but I was just a casual player. Gears was the reason I bought an 360. It was the first shooter I ever played, first rated M game I bought, first game I played online and the first game that felt like more than a game to me. The Mad World trailer was the only thing I saw of the game but I was immediately hooked. I spent all my money on a $450 xbox with gears of war and never looked back since. To watch it all come to an end and see Dom die to the song that started it all was bitter sweet to say the least. The Gears franchise will always be some of the best games I ever played and I really hope Epic doesn't abandon it for too long.