Weird problem connecting to xbox live

Linknol

So, I've just turned on my xbox (as you do) and it didn't automatically sign me into live, which was weird but anyway, I tried to connect a few times and kept failing.

I tested the connection and it was fine and connected me straight away, live was working perfectly but as soon as I signed into my profile again it disconnected and won't reconnect tough every time I do it whilst not signed into a profile it works fine.

I've done the usual stuff. Restarted the xbox, restarted the modem/router, checked the internet before making this thread for a similar scenario (there probably is a fix but I couldn't find it)

When I went to the xbox site and tried to check my account it takes me to a page that reads "

Uh oh... that shouldn't have happened.

It appears you've found a glitch in the system.

date:13/04/2013 18:49:24 code:

s:

id:

req:

"

I can't imagine it to be any kind of ban since I haven't been I have rarely played anything multiplayer recently and when I do I only speak with people in my friends list anyway so it wouldn't be abuse or something. My subscription is also recently renewed though it wouldn't be that either since I would still be able to sign in with a silver membership. The only other console my profile is on is my girlfriends as well though I don't know how that would be a problem, especially since she can only connect to live when I take my wireless adapter there with me.

Anybody else having this problem or know what's wrong?

Edited by Linknol

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status

Users may experience difficulties with the following services:

• Signing in to Xbox LIVE

4/13/2013 11:43:06 AM PDT:

We've been receiving reports of members having issues signing into Xbox LIVE. We are currently working as fast as we can to fix this issue. We will keep you posted with any new information we have every 30 minutes, so make sure to check back here soon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Microsoft says users are having trouble connecting to Xbox Live. I can't get on either. Figures that I'm trying to finish off Red Dead Redemption this weekend too with the 3x XP event.

Was playing online earlier, stopped to have a quick shower and log back on after to find it all down.

Same as a few people I was able to get on but my friends had all gone.

It's times like these that make me glad that I can still play games on my xbox without needing a constant online connection, otherwise it would just be an overpriced paperweight :)

Yeah I'm having the same issue, just done the test for the connection and there is an error with the Service and Xbox Stores, good job I'm just planning on playing a single player game right now.

haha I think I should have waited until you made your post to post mine. But that was basically my point though. If the rumors are true regarding the "Always Online" requirement of the next Xbox, you wouldn't even be able to play your single player game if Xbox Live goes down. Either way I'm not trying to beat a dead horse, but I do think this event shows exactly what is wrong with "Always Online".

haha I think I should have waited until you made your post to post mine. But that was basically my point though. If the rumors are true regarding the "Always Online" requirement of the next Xbox, you wouldn't even be able to play your single player game if Xbox Live goes down. Either way I'm not trying to beat a dead horse, but I do think this event shows exactly what is wrong with "Always Online".

Yeah, even their service can be on and off at times so when they come out with the official details and that's true then I'm going to forget purchasing it... even eventually. But yeah, just glad that I haven't planned on playing with friends tonight.

Same here I just try sign in now but it not work.

It said

Live Status:

Service: Service Alert

Xbox Stores: Service Alert

Accounts and Matchmaking: Both is Up.

So it's servers down. Maybe because Defiance came with lots problem of servers that affect Xbox Live? I knew it might not but I just thinking. :)

Really hope it is back up later. I watch Casualty and British Got Talent now with mum. :)