Anybody know when the dlc will hit?

FresH93

pretty confident there won't be any. they seem to be following the same pattern as far cry 3.

I obviously could be wrong (when did the coop DLC for conviction come out relative to conviction?), but if I had to bet, i'd say that's it, folks. it'd be silly to release DLC next month when a bajillion awesome games AND new consoles are coming.

Conviction was released roughly April 13th, 2010. Deniable Ops DLC came out roughly May 27th, 2010.

I don't know whether or not we'll get DLC. I'm going to inquire with UBIsoft if there's any plans, but there's another topic in this forum that discusses somewhere with the deluxe edition suggested there would be one called Angel Fire.

If you've finished the single-player campaign,

and you just look up at the big map on the wall inside the Paladin...

(but without hitting the :abut: "A" button to use the SMI)

...you'll see a list off to the right of what appears to be

all the Blacklist Attacks you stopped in red letters.

And at the bottom of that list in larger white letters, it reads:

NEXT BLACKLIST ATTACK

AMERICAN DUST

??????????????????????????

(but the line of question marks is in red letters again)

Seems like this is going to be the 1st DLC, if and when it ever comes out, doesn't it?

Or am I forgetting that we already completed that one too?

Either way, I'm definitely looking forward to at least 1 good DLC for this game. Fingers crossed.

Cheers :drunk

From what I've read American Dust was averted when we capture Sadiq. But I wouldn't think that completely stops it, I think whatever is left of the operation could try to do it without him. Or DLC could be Grim-Charlie-Kobin-Briggs missions tying up "loose ends."

EDIT: Heard back from Ubisoft. Their response was:

"At the current time, we have no information pertaining to future releases for our games. I apologize for any inconvenience and hope you are able to enjoy our games!"

Edited by Clockman89

Thanks Clockman89, that makes sense.

But I'm still kind of curious about all those question marks, you know?

And I agree, they definitely left it open for some serious cleanup missions.

I'd really love to see them continue with the Majid Sadiq storyline. I thought that character was very well-done and made for an interesting villain. And I thought Carlo Rota's acting was tremendous, and gave great depth to that character.

We leave off with Sadiq in that interrogation room with Sam & Vick,

so who knows... maybe we turn him to our side?

...or maybe he just tricks us into believing that he has turned?

Anything to get Sadiq back into play, either with or against Sam and 4th Echelon.

That's my 2-cents worth. Take it for what it's worth. Cheers. :drunk

Edit: oh, and that response you rec'd from Ubisoft sounds pretty boiler-plate to me. I wouldn't put much stock in any "reply" you ever get from Ubisoft. Anytime I've ever tried to contact their Customer Service Dep't, I always get those same boiler-plate replies. They always seem automated to me, and makes me wonder if there are any real people even working in that dep't.

Edited by Splinter4
Added point I forgot to mention

Seriously? That wouldn't stop them from making DLC.

seriously? yes seriously, sure it would. no one will be playing splinter cell in another month when new/bigger games AND consoles come out. they'd be putting more money into it than getting out of it. very confident at this point that there will be no dlc for blacklist.

I would love to know if they have any achievement-based DLC planned for this title. I 100%'d it a month and a half ago and would like to get some money back on this if they don't announce something.

I cancelled my Gamefly subscription but my friend is keeping his copy. As long as they don't announce multiplayer DLC where a second person is required, I guess I can just borrow his copy...

• 2 months later...