Achievement Discussion

Krazie

• 1 year later...

I got Guilty Gear 2: Overture from GameFly and noticed that the US version has 43 achievements. The GG2 shown on-site (Japanese) only has 41 listed. A good example of the difference is the very first achievement. Under the Japanese version, it's listed as "Hello World!" with a description of "Finish mission #0 "Gritty"". In the US version, the very same achievement (same title) is described as "Finish mission #0 "Noise"", so there is a difference beyond the number of achievements for the releases.

You're only partially correct. It's true that some of the achievements have different names or descriptions, but they're all for doing the same things. The two extra achievements should be from the DLC for buying Raven from the Marketplace and completing all of the Free Missions with him (15G) as well as getting 10 Ranked Wins with him online (40G). I don't know the names of the achievements otherwise I'd post them. I did purchase him, so as soon as I have enough free time to get said achievements, I'll be sure to let someone on here know. Heck, I may also type up a guide for this since no one else seems to want to. If you run into any problems, you can ask me for help. I've gone through campaign on Hard, S ranked everything on Normal, and collected every last Chimaki.. there's just too many good games coming out, so between playing them and working, I haven't finished up doing the Free Missions with every last person and moving onto the online achievements.

• 4 weeks later...

So does the US version have fewer than 1000 points? Or are the achievements with the purchased Raven in addition to the 1000?

Jimm, if you choose to do a guide, I (and I'm sure many others) would be quite thankful. I love GG but strategy-ish games are my downfall. Thanks for considering helping us out!

So does the US version have fewer than 1000 points? Or are the achievements with the purchased Raven in addition to the 1000?

Jimm, if you choose to do a guide, I (and I'm sure many others) would be quite thankful. I love GG but strategy-ish games are my downfall. Thanks for considering helping us out!

The US version has exactly 1000 points for buying the game.. then an additional 55 points for Raven, for a total of 1055 points. (It's a weird total, but it makes sense because they give you the same amount of points you would get for any other character.)

I can do a guide.. sure. I guess my only difficulties would be the online stuff because that's the only thing I'm missing.. because no one is EVER on.. Maybe if we can get Guilty Gear 2 added to 'Retail Games' in addition to 'Japanese Games', then more people would realize there ARE people on this forum that play (or at least own) this game.

As for an estimated time of when I could get a guide done by.. having never made one before..? Perhaps.. shortly after Thanksgiving? Since it would just be the achievement guide.. it shouldn't take long compared to a long, detailed, complete walkthrough. If you run into any problems before I get a guide up though, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to reply as quickly as I can.

Edited by Jimm

• 1 month later...

Yeah...Bananas is best done on the 3rd Free Mission, the Time Trial mission. There are 2 sections where you can easily run into a banana, including one on the finish line area. I make it a point to slip on this one every time, as it launches me across the finish line and I slam into the edge just before it says 'Slash'. :)

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I see that the game has 1055g to obtain, and there's talk of the 55 being from DLC. Is the DLC not available yet, or something? I've checked the marketplace and there's nothing for Guilty Gear, and no option (that I can find) in-game.

Help? lol

It's only on the American (and probably Japanese) marketplace. I had to buy American points just to download it, which is pretty ridiculous but there we are.