Personal Soul Farming Techniques?

Dramatic Unknown

Not sure if you would consider this "farming" but I like to be a good Sun Bro and help others. I just put my summon sign in a busy area/boss and help the host out. You get a decent amount of souls, plus I really like helping people as a Sun Bro. I find it to be a lot of fun. Oh, and when you fulfill your duty the fact that you get everything restored is awesome too.

Also, if you already gave your 30 Sunlight Medals to rank up in the covenant you could always sell the extra you get to Gavlan for 100 souls each. I know that isn't much, but it adds up...just a little optional bonus.

Least, that's what I do/find fun. Sun Bro 4 life!

Not sure if you would consider this "farming" but I like to be a good Sun Bro and help others. I just put my summon sign in a busy area/boss and help the host out. You get a decent amount of souls, plus I really like helping people as a Sun Bro. I find it to be a lot of fun. Oh, and when you fulfill your duty the fact that you get everything restored is awesome too.

Also, if you already gave your 30 Sunlight Medals to rank up in the covenant you could always sell the extra you get to Gavlan for 100 souls each. I know that isn't much, but it adds up...just a little optional bonus.

Least, that's what I do/find fun. Sun Bro 4 life!

Sounds awesome but at the same time when you go to NG+, and beyond, i bet the amount of souls you get will be nothing compared to how much you need to level up. Im a.. Blood Bro. So i just spread misery.

BUT i like to help people out too, just not as a Sun Bro.

Edited by Dramatic Unknown

Sounds awesome but at the same time when you go to NG+, and beyond, i bet the amount of souls you get will be nothing compared to how much you need to level up. Im a.. Blood Bro. So i just spread misery.

BUT i like to help people out too, just not as a Sun Bro.

I'm currently in NG+ and the souls are decent (I know there are more efficient ways). I'm sitting at a little over 1 million right now from a few hours of playing/Sun Bro'ing. But again, it's not just for the souls...I do it because I like the co-op. You didn't ask for the best way, you wanted to know what we do, that's what I do.

I'm currently in NG+ and the souls are decent (I know there are more efficient ways). I'm sitting at a little over 1 million right now from a few hours of playing/Sun Bro'ing. But again, it's not just for the souls...I do it because I like the co-op. You didn't ask for the best way, you wanted to know what we do, that's what I do.

I totally did didnt I? But at the same time I just meant selling the medals, not you co-op'ing. I get what you mean though, i get a decent amount of souls by helping people out too, its alot of fun helping out others and at the end we praise it, fist pump, and wave goodbye. Another way i get souls is when i invade people. I kinda feel bad when i invade (80% of the time I really dont lol) but when i leave my red sign down... yeah they asked for it. People havent been summoning me lately. By the time i leave a sign down to help, go forth, and reach the next area, my sign would have disappear.

I like my best of both worlds. I like being a bro and a dick at the same time. Heh.

Edited by Dramatic Unknown

I totally did didnt I? But at the same time I just meant selling the medals, not you co-op'ing. I get what you mean though, i get a decent amount of souls by helping people out too, its alot of fun helping out others and at the end we praise it, fist pump, and wave goodbye. Another way i get souls is when i invade people. I kinda feel bad when i invade (80% of the time I really dont lol) but when i leave my red sign down... yeah they asked for it. People havent been summoning me lately. By the time i leave a sign down to help, go forth, and reach the next area, my sign would have disappear.

I like my best of both worlds. I like being a bro and a dick at the same time. Heh.

Yeah the medals are not the best, was just pointing out that it can be done. I don't run to sell them, but if I have a bunch of other things to sell, and make the trip to Gavlan...why not sell the 100 medals too? Don't want them for anything else.

PvP is fun too, but I'm definitely more into the co-op. It's not just this game either, I'm more of a co-op guy in everything.

Yeah the medals are not the best, was just pointing out that it can be done. I don't run to sell them, but if I have a bunch of other things to sell, and make the trip to Gavlan...why not sell the 100 medals too? Don't want them for anything else.

PvP is fun too, but I'm definitely more into the co-op. It's not just this game either, I'm more of a co-op guy in everything.

If youre already Max in the covenant, and you have alot of medals, then sure why not? Lol.

1. Put down your summons sign right in front of the fog door for bosses. Especially bosses people complain about on the internet like the Sinner, Ancient Dragon, etc. Use Red Eye Ring and know how to fight the boss. Easy souls, plus you'll either level up SunBro covenant or earn Tokens of Fidelity for the blue covenant duels (you can also use them to heal the host if you primarily like co-op, sort of like weak Elizabeth mushrooms, making white soapstone summons ironically more rewarding than yellow summons). I stopped SunBro'ing as soon as I realized the altar didn't want my 99 medals.

2. Farm red phantoms for their gear. No, the red phantoms don't give you much, but most of them only spawn once, rarely drop their gear, and require bonfire ascetics to get them to respawn.. and bonfire ascetics cannot be used without first beating the area boss, meaning if you want this gear you're likely to acquire a lot of souls in the process.

When I farmed for the Painting Protector set it took me 45 (!!!!) ascetics on the Guardian Dragon's bonfire to get all the pieces. I beat the Guardian Dragon 45 times! This gave me about 10 million souls and a a few dozen Guardian Dragon souls... I had earned so many souls from this process I just put the boss souls in the item box to avoid having my soul memory go crazy.

3. Rat Authority/Vanguard farming - If you kill Rat Authority/Vanguard, you get a rat tail. The rats in the area also have a rare chance to drop rat tails. So you can get a decent amount of souls doing this while also leveling up your rat covenant status without doing the painfully cheesy rat covenant PvP.

4. Ruin Sentinel set - the Ruin Sentinels in the castle drop their armor, but there's only six of them... so you must ascetic the bonfire by the King's gate to get them to respawn. Killing 6 ruin sentinels, Nashandra and the throne guys will also result in a lot of souls, and eventually the Ruin set.

I have like 50 million soul memory and probably 150 boss souls in my item box. I farmed for, and acquired, all the unique weapons and armors in the game, and never once farmed for souls on purpose.

Edited by The Nerevarine

1. Put down your summons sign right in front of the fog door for bosses. Especially bosses people complain about on the internet like the Sinner, Ancient Dragon, etc. Use Red Eye Ring and know how to fight the boss. Easy souls, plus you'll either level up SunBro covenant or earn Tokens of Fidelity for the blue covenant duels.

2. Farm red phantoms for their gear. No, the red phantoms don't give you much, but most of them only spawn once, rarely drop their gear, and require bonfire ascetics to get them to respawn.. and bonfire ascetics cannot be used without first beating the area boss, meaning if you want this gear you're likely to acquire a lot of souls in the process.

When I farmed for the Painting Protector set it took me 45 (!!!!) ascetics on the Guardian Dragon's bonfire to get all the pieces. I beat the Guardian Dragon 45 times! This gave me about 10 million souls and a a few dozen Guardian Dragon souls... I had earned so many souls from this process I just put the boss souls in the item box to avoid having my soul memory go crazy.

3. Rat Authority/Vanguard farming - If you kill Rat Authority/Vanguard, you get a rat tail. The rats in the area also have a rare chance to drop rat tails. So you can get a decent amount of souls doing this while also leveling up your rat covenant status without doing the painfully cheesy rat covenant PvP.

I have to ask how the hell do you guys acquire so many ascetics? I see so many people say they have so many and such. :/

I have to ask how the hell do you guys acquire so many ascetics? I see so many people say they have so many and such. :/

If you beat Darklurker in the Abyss it opens permanently and you can go down there and farm the black phantoms for ascetics. If you kill them all, you can ascetic the fire under Castle Drangleic to respawn them, but you'll have to fight Darklurker again (or do what I did a few times and simply die to her and go back to farming -- after all, you're there for the ascetics). If you wear the hat/torso/ring for item discovery you should get a lot of them.

Then Navlaan and Darkdiver both sell a stock of 10 of them in each playthrough, and there's multiple chests around the game with them. I did 4 complete play-throughs and always bought them and farmed them when I had time.

Killing the Giant Lord in Memories of Jeigh over and over. You can get 450,000 souls every 2 minutes with the right set up. You can also get an infinite amount of twinkling titanite.

I found out that by standing on the higher platform next to the Giant Lord, I could rather easily time and dodge his sword strikes and throw all my lightning spears at him. I think this can be a relatively safe way of fighting him to farm souls.

Someone beat me to it, but the Giant Lord method is by far the best for pure soul grinding. If you just bothered with that one, you can get:

2x Twinkling Titanite

A free bonfire ascetic every time, making you not lose ascetics to do this

A fire seed and divine blessing (both sell pretty well with Gavlan)

Somewhere around 20,000 souls for the giants that die from the head

300,000 souls for the Giant Lord

Giant Lord's Souls (forget how much this is worth, I busted like 20 at a time lol)

I always walked into the memory with the silver serpent ring +2, which gives 30% more souls to the numbers above. almost 400k souls for the easy giant lord is awesome. He does one shot me sometimes, but he is pretty easy to dodge and weak to most spells. All my numbers are in NG+8 mode and beyond, so you'll receive less until your intensity hits that point.

Oh. The max i'm at is only intensity 3 so I have no clue until I start farming ascetics.

Really the biggest jump is intensity 2. After that, it goes up very slightly. I don't think I've really noticed a difference in difficulty from 4 to 8 as most things kill in 1-2 hits at that point anyway

Really the biggest jump is intensity 2. After that, it goes up very slightly. I don't think I've really noticed a difference in difficulty from 4 to 8 as most things kill in 1-2 hits at that point anyway

Assuming you used your own advice before then and farmed alot of your souls from the Giant Lord, maybe it's because your stats is beefed beyond normal? Lol.

Right now I have a summon sign right outside the guardian dragon door. Super easy boss fight and each time he dies I get 11k+ souls. Also it is great to have the jester gloves equiped and the covetous silver serpent ring on. Both items do stack, I tested that.

Assuming you used your own advice before then and farmed alot of your souls from the Giant Lord, maybe it's because your stats is beefed beyond normal? Lol.

I'm not even overleveled... I think I got to 275 last time I played. There are some people here in the 300-400s which is nuts.

Pretty sure my intensity at Place Unbeknownst is only 25 or so.

• 2 months later...