War Supporter

Westrunner

I would very much like to knw this too.

I have gone from lvl 53 to 88 waiting for the right event. I have played the last few events and still got no achievement.

Hoping they will change the One shot one kill event soon.

If not I'm planning to get lvl 100 delete my gears save start fresh n hope that will make acheevo pop.

GT: Hells Fury3

Caxie, Westrunner;

This topic has been discussed, digested, and regurgitated ad nauseum for a very long time. Please read the first post of this thread:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=370931

It explains how the event system in Gears 3 works. Please look a bit before posting a new thread next time. If you are asking a question about a game as old as Gears 3, chances are that someone else has already asked the same question here, as well.

-M

Did you read the actual post instead of just glance at the list of games? The answer to your question is in the first post. If you can't be bothered to click the link and actually try to understand what Lifeexpectancy (the author of the thread) is trying to tell you, I will do my best to explain it here:

1. There are only 34 unique event ribbons, no more.

2. The name of the event or event ribbon does not matter, only what number event it is.

3. You can ONLY earn each numbered event ribbon ONCE.

4. We are currently on the second cycle of events.

5. If you got a ribbon from the first cycle of events and you play the CORRESPONDING event for the second cycle, you will not get that ribbon again. For example, if you played last weekend ("This is my Rifle" event) and you didn't get an event ribbon, it means that you played during the "Horde Classic" event this past April (6th-9th) and got the Event #30 ribbon back then.

6. You don't have to play the actual event to get the ribbon. All you have to do is play any online versus game and you'll get it. Playing public Horde and Beast have also been known to unlock the event ribbon, but it is spotty.

7. If you missed an event ribbon for some event this cycle, you will have to wait until the next cycle to get it... if there is a "next cycle" that is. No one knows for sure.

Your best bet is to play just one online versus game three times per week (Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday) to make sure you don't miss an event. It used to be that you could get away with only playing once per week to see if the event has changed, but this month, the events have been changing frequently, so I think that if you play one game three times per week, you should have your bases covered.

Just make sure you don't miss an event and you will unlock Socialite eventually.

-M

I did read, wat I'm saying is I have played some events during gearsmas which I haven't played b4 so I wudnt have that ribbon, but still no socialite.

On the otherhand do u think deleting ( saving onto mem stick ) my gears data then playing the event with a fresh character lvl 1 work?

Thanks for ur time M

O.K., you may have read it, but you still do not seem to understand it, which is fine, because it took me a while to understand it as well.

The Gearsmas events for this cycle DO NOT correspond with the Gearsmas events from last cycle. Look at this list:

· • Cycle 1, events 1-35 (ended)

Event # 1 : Play Week 1 ----------------- Sep 20-27

Event # 2 : Big Head Mode --------------- Oct 7-9

Event # 3 : Torque Bow Tag -------------- Oct 14-16

Event # 4 : Hardcore Weekend ------------ Oct 21-23

Event # 5 : Boom Snipes ------------------ Oct 28-31

Event # 6 : Can You Dig It ?! -------------- Nov 4-6

Event # 7 : One Shot, One Kill ------------- Nov 11-13

Event # 8 : Blades and Nades -------------- Nov 18-20

Event # 9 : Thanksgibbing ----------------- Nov 21 - Dec 1

Event #10 : This Is My Rifle ---------------- Dec 2-4

Event #11 : Brothers to the End ----------- Dec 9-11

Event #12 : Gearsmas Part 1 -------------- Dec 13-16

Event #13 : Gearsmas Part 2 -------------- Dec 17-20

Event #14 : Gearsmas Part 3 -------------- Dec 21-24

Event# 15 : Triple Teamed ----------------- Play the 3 Gearsmas events

Event #16 : Stranded KOTH --------------- Jan 6-9

Event #17: Horde Weekend --------------- Jan 13-15

Event #18 : Winning Weekend ------------ Jan 20 - 22

Event #19 : Gnashty Weekend ------------ Jan 27-29

Event #20 : Greyson Cup ------------------ Feb 3 - 5

Event #21: Cupid's Wingman -------------- Feb 10 - 15

Event #22: Boom Snipes ------------------ Feb 17-20

Event #23: Can You Dig It ---------------- Feb 24 -27

Event #24: We're All Stranded Now ------- Mar 2 - 4

Event #25: Shotguns And Snipers -------- Mar 6 - 15

Event #26: Shotguns And Snipers -------- Mar 15 - 22

Event #27: Torque Bow Tag -------------- Mar 23 -27

Event #28: Guardian ---------------------- Mar 27 - 30

Event #29: Raven Down 24/7 ------------- Mar - 30 - Apr 5

Event #30: Horde Classic ----------------- Apr 6 - 9

Event #31 : Lightning Rod Gnasher ------- Apr 13 - 20

Event #32 : Creepy Crawlie Horde --------- Apr 20 - 26

Event #33 : Bang Bang ------------------- Apr 27 - 29

Event #34 : King Of The Gnasher --------- May 4 - 6

Event #35 : Torque Bow Tag -------------- May 11 - 13

Cycle 2, events 2-14 and 16-35 repeated (in progress)

Event #36 (repeat of event 2): RavenDown 24/7 --------- May 18 - 20

Event #37 (repeat of event 3): Stay Frosty ------------------ May 25 - 28

Event #38 (repeat of event 4): One Shot One Kill --------- June 1 - 11

Event #39 (repeat of event 5): Shotguns And Snipers --- June 11 - 14

Event #40 (repeat of event 6): Assassination -------------- June- 14 - 18

Event #41 (repeat of event 7): Gnashty Guardian ---------- June 19 - 27

Event #42 (repeat of event 8): Gnashty Guardian ----------- June 27 - July 2

Event #43 (repeat of event 9): Wingman 2x XP --------------- July 2 - July 12th

Event #44 (repeat of event 10): Force Multiplayer -------------July 12th - 20th

Event #45 (repeat of event 11): Triple Threat -------------------July 20th - 27th

Event #46 (repeat of event 12): Boom Snipes ----------------- July 27th - Aug 3rd

Event #47 (repeat of event 13): Stay Frosty ---------------------- Aug 3rd - 10th

Event #48 (repeat of event 14): Stay Frosty (again) ------------ Aug 10th - 17th

Event #49 (repeat of event 15): Raven Down 24/7 -------------- Aug 17th - 24th

Event #50 (repeat of event 16): Raven Down 24/7--------------- Aug 24th - 31st

Event #51 (repeat of event 17): One Shot, One Kill--------------- Aug 31st - Sept. 7th

Event #52 (repeat of event 18): KOTGnasher ---------------------- Sept. 7th - Sept.17

Event #53 (repeat of event 19): Brothers to the End -------------- Sept. 17 – Oct. 11 (yes, seriously)

Event #54 (repeat of event 20): Torque Bow Tag ------------------- Oct. 11 - Oct. 29

Event #55 (repeat of event 21): Boooooom Snipes ----------------- Oct. 29 - Nov. 5

Event #56 (repeat of event 22): Boooooom Snipes (again) ------- Nov. 5 - Nov. 14

Event #57 (repeat of event 23): Boooooom Snipes (yet again) --- Nov. 14 - Nov. 21

Event #58 (repeat of event 24): Thanksgibbing ------------------------ Nov. 21 - Nov. 30

Event #59 (repeat of event 25): One Shot, One Kill ------------------- Nov. 30 - Dec. 13

Event #60 (repeat of event 26): Brothers to the End ------------------ Dec. 13 - Dec. 14

Event #61 (repeat of event 27): Hardcore Weekend?? --------------- Dec 14 - Dec. 17

Event #62 (repeat of event 28): Can You Dig It ------------------------- Dec. 17 - Dec. 19

Event #63 (repeat of event 29): Boooooom Snipes?? --------------- Dec. 19 - Dec. 21

Event #64 (repeat of event 30): This Is My Rifle ------------------------ Dec. 21 - Dec. 26??

Event #65 (repeat of event 31): One Shot, One Kill -------------------- Dec. 26?? -

Event #66 (repeat of event 32):

Event #67 (repeat of event 33):

Event #68 (repeat of event 34):

haha this popped for me today - i havent played gears in a long time (not earned any achievements in a year) as i was annoyed that i cant download the newest DLC for free (it asks me to pay 800 points, bugger that) but when i went on today it said i had played in 29/30 events (i hadnt, i rarely played online just in private TDM) and so i just went into a ranked TDM and played the match, got the level 25 achievement at the start (i was on level 23 before, after i was at 28, im sure i missed something there!) and after the match it popped. 95GS in one go after a long time with none.

im trying to yet again DL the fenix rising pack, and i just hope after that is done i can get the last one for free - but when i go on add-ons in the xbl store, there is no free next to anything, just 800 points.

is there some major bugs at play?

I understand the cycle but still doesn't excuse the fact that before I went up to 29/ 30 events played I wad at 17. I have played numerous events since n still no achievement.

Epic gave everybody 29/30 events for the War Supporter medal out of generosity.

im trying to yet again DL the fenix rising pack, and i just hope after that is done i can get the last one for free - but when i go on add-ons in the xbl store, there is no free next to anything, just 800 points.

is there some major bugs at play?

No, if you go to the DLC for Gears of War 3 via Xbox Marketplace, they will always charge you again, regardless if you have the Season pass or not. You must download the DLC from the menu. And I'm sure you're aware that you need the Season Pass to get the DLC for "free", right?

If there's no option to download the DLC, then delete all of the DLC for Gears of War 3 from your storage device. When you start the game up again, it will tell you that there is new content available. Download all four of them.

I understand the cycle but still doesn't excuse the fact that before I went up to 29/ 30 events played I wad at 17. I have played numerous events since n still no achievement.

Unfortunately Caxie you are not alone. Given that you only participated in 17 unique events prior to the 29/30 bump, one would think that by now you wouldve run across an event you havent played. It is very possible that you just have the bad luck in having the 17 events you played be the current part of the cycle they are in, meaning you just have to keep playing and hoping.

However, I've heard several people now that missed a significant number of events yet still cannot pop their 30th. It is possible that the 29/30 event bump has somehow broken the tracker for some people. It is unlikely, but given the rank and level progress reset experienced by some as well as numerous other glitches people have run across, we cant rule out the possibility that it is broken for some people now. I hope not but who knows.

Try this: move both your character data and player data files to a USB and remove it. Delete all dlc, your gears installation, everything associated with gears. Delete your gamertag and clear your cache on your hard drive. Then recover your tag, reinstall gears, and re download all the dlc. Do not put your thumb drive back in though. Launch gears and play a quick match; warzone matches end quickest. This probably wont unlock it for you but its worth a shot.

Try this: move both your character data and player data files to a USB and remove it. Delete all dlc, your gears installation, everything associated with gears. Delete your gamertag and clear your cache on your hard drive. Then recover your tag, reinstall gears, and re download all the dlc. Do not put your thumb drive back in though. Launch gears and play a quick match; warzone matches end quickest. This probably wont unlock it for you but its worth a shot.

I will try this, I'm green 99 atm. So after re-up tonight I will try it n let u knw how it goes thanks for your input

Epic gave everybody 29/30 events for the War Supporter medal out of generosity.

No, if you go to the DLC for Gears of War 3 via Xbox Marketplace, they will always charge you again, regardless if you have the Season pass or not. You must download the DLC from the menu. And I'm sure you're aware that you need the Season Pass to get the DLC for "free", right?

If there's no option to download the DLC, then delete all of the DLC for Gears of War 3 from your storage device. When you start the game up again, it will tell you that there is new content available. Download all four of them.

I have the DLC Season Pass and it always asks me for another 800 within the Gears of war menu screen ( not marketplace ), but luckily thanks to what you mentioned i had 29/30 and just decided to play a game and it popped. My advice just play tonight or ASAP and see if it pops

peace

n-joi