downloading rockband DLC for this game?

True I Skill

I do not own any rock band game but i enjoy this one, if i was to purchase blitz and then download dlc songs from the rockband store would i receive the songs on blitz that i have paid for from the store?

I've read about having to play the original rock band games to get songs and i am unsure if i understood it correctly about the downloading songs from the store.

Also do they play the same as the songs that come with the game? with leader boards and all?

1. Yes, songs you download from the rock band store are available in Blitz. Every song I've bought since RB1 from years back is in Blitz.

2. You can export songs from the previous games to Rock Band 3, which is the most recent one. When you export those songs to RB3, they also export to Blitz. That requires paying MSP and in most cases needing a brand new game with an export code. I wouldn't worry about this too much.

3. The songs you download from the store work just the same as the ones included with Blitz.

Hope that answered your questions.

Thanks for the reply :) got the game last night and its really good.

Btw are the songs in the store avalable in the other rockband games? For example are the black keys songs in another rockband game and if i was to purchase that game i would get the black keys songs when i convert them over instead of having to buy them from the store? Or are the songs in the store strictly in the store only and not in other rock band games?

And well another question does anyone know of any rock band games that you can use the xbox360 controller for? i really cant use the guitar for games like this i loved guitar hero 3 but when it got to world tour i just cant get use to using the guitar, do any rock band games let you use the controller?

[1]Btw are the songs in the store avalable in the other rockband games?...Or are the songs in the store strictly in the store only and not in other rock band games?

[2]And well another question does anyone know of any rock band games that you can use the xbox360 controller for?

1) Songs from the core games can't be found in the store. Songs from the individual Track Pack games can be found in the store.

2) Blitz is the only one.

When i loaded rock band 2, all my save data magically erased. If i buy the export code for songs from RB2, will it still give me all the on disc songs to blitz even though there are only the first 20 songs or so when I look in quickplay? When you export, does it take it form the song cache or the save game? I looked in my hard drive and one of them said song cache so idk...

1. Yes, songs you download from the rock band store are available in Blitz. Every song I've bought since RB1 from years back is in Blitz.

Save for "Rock And Roll Star" by Oasis. Still purchasable, works in RB1 and RB2, doesn't work in Lego, 3 or Blitz.

Just nitpickin'. It sticks in my craw a little.

When i loaded rock band 2, all my save data magically erased. If i buy the export code for songs from RB2, will it still give me all the on disc songs to blitz even though there are only the first 20 songs or so when I look in quickplay? When you export, does it take it form the song cache or the save game? I looked in my hard drive and one of them said song cache so idk...

Did you buy the export code once before?

What first 20 songs? Are you talking about the free 20 from the code on the back of the manual? Or the "RB2 Free pack" that contained 9 of the songs that were missing from the export?

The song cache is just a build of the songs on the drive for RB to find them without lagging to death. If it's corrupt you can delete it and it'll rebuild it, no problem. If you did export before, go into your download history, redownload the RB2 export (It's a huge file. Like, 1.9GB or something) and then launch RB2 for it to rebuild the cache.

Dunno. Throw us some answers to those first three questions if that doesn't fix it.

Edited by Felonious Monk

If I export and my cache is not corrupted, will the songs transfer over to blitz fine? Basically, I want to know if the songs come from the song cache or the save game from rock band 2? Cause my save game in rb2 is messed, not the cache...

The save file is unrelated to the export, just get it out of your mind. The exported songs are their own thing, a standalone file on your HDD, and it contains every song which Blitz will read.

Here's a question I have a profile which has had a lot of DLC & Export codes from previous games, would this DLC work on a different profile which is stored on my console. I'm thinking the answer is yes

As long as the licenses are good, I imagine they should.

Edited by Veedrock