Bitching Thread

Kite87

seems like some people dont understand how this thread works, i bitch about what i dont like you lot bitch about what you dont like, i dont need people on here telling me how i should play the game or people who like the game (what are they even doing on this thread) telling me what i should have expected from this game ;)

i also find all the side quests exactly the same, outposts and radio towers bore me the mini games are pointless and the voice acting is terrible. It seems like they hired about 8 people to do all the voices. Jason is also one of the worst protaganists in history and i hate the music why cant i turn my car sterio off it playes the same few songs over and over again.

should not be surprised really Ubisoft stopped making good games years ago imo

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...and i hate the music why cant i turn my car sterio off it playes the same few songs over and over again...

Good news for you mate, simply go to Options / Audio / Music - Off

It'll turn off almost ALL the music in the game, but it's soooooo worth it to eliminate that incredibly annoying car radio.

Also, I'm really enjoying the game... but I'm also with you on all your points. :cool:

Cheers :drunk

Edited by Splinter4

This is probably my favorite game of the year and I'm glad I finally got around to playing it this week. I only have a few minor complaints outside of co-op being a huge mess, which I don't really care about, it's not why I picked this up in the first place.

-Dark interiors (caves and tombs) look absolutely awful. Very muddy and washed out no matter what I do with my brightness setting. I'm not willing to go into my television settings to adjust the contrast which would probably fix it but then throw every other thing I play or watch off. It's a minor gripe but it really gave me trouble on the stealth mission "Doppleganger." I had a hard time seeing anything, let alone the hidden paths. In an otherwise gorgeous game, it's kind of a bummer.

-Animations are slightly long, like a second or so. Skinning, healing, looting, putting out a fire. And as has been mentioned, the Y button doesn't always like to respond when you first push it. Again, super minor gripe but it made me roll my eyes more than a few times.

-The other thing that drives me nuts is trying to get the "X" prompt to appear when you loot, or pick something up. It's like there's one sweet sopt it will show up in when you're looking down. You end up spending twenty seconds trying to loot a body sometimes. And the biggest problem that relates to this issue is when you accidentally pick up an enemy gun and drop yours. I've noticed that every time this happens, when I pick up my original gun again it needs to be reloaded and it no longer has full ammo. It's as if every dropped gun, be it an enemy weapon or your own, goes into an automatic "used" state once it touches the ground.

It's all very minor stuff and nowhere near gamebreaking and with a patch or two I'm sure it could all be tightened up very nicely. I don't think I've felt this immersed in a game since Red Dead Redemption, which is my best comparison.

Edited by WalterWhite

This is probably my favorite game of the year and I'm glad I finally got around to playing it this week. I only have a few minor complaints...

-Trying to get the "X" prompt to appear when you loot, or pick something up. And the biggest problem that relates to this issue is when you accidentally pick up an enemy gun and drop yours.

It's all very minor stuff. I don't think I've felt this immersed in a game since Red Dead Redemption, which is my best comparison.

While I have really nothing to bitch about, just wanted to bold your quote for truth. Never played Red Dead (considered buying it last week but never got around to it), but Far Cry 3 is one of the most entertaining games I've played in a very long time.

Now that I think about it, I have two small complaints.

- I wish the game (main story at least) was longer, by say...3-4 hours if possible.

- Same minor complaint you had about the :xbut: prompt for picking up weapons/loot.

Edited by BiggD
I suck at spelling.

While I have really nothing to bitch about, just wanted to bold your quote for truth. Never played Red Dead (considered buying it last week but never got around to it), but Far Cry 3 is one of the most entertaining games I've played in a very long time.

Now that I think about it, I have two small complaints.

- I wish the game (main story at least) was longer, by say...3-4 hours if possible.

- Same minor complaint you had about the :xbut: prompt for picking up weapons/loot.

Oh man, if you liked this game, sign off now and go buy the Game of the Year edition of Red Dead Redemption, you will not be disappointed. And with Red Dead and all of it's add-ons, you'll have that "extra three or four hours" you're missing in Far Cry 3. The game is outstanding, and I'm not the biggest of Rockstar fans so there is no bias here.

Oh man, if you liked this game, sign off now and go buy the Game of the Year edition of Red Dead Redemption, you will not be disappointed. And with Red Dead and all of it's add-ons, you'll have that "extra three or four hours" you're missing in Far Cry 3. The game is outstanding, and I'm not the biggest of Rockstar fans so there is no bias here.

Hmm...a positive review from a not so big Rockstar fan. If that doesn't seal the deal of the game, I'm not sure what will. Well, you've convinced me to take another look into buying the game :) Hopefully I can pick it up (GOTY Edition) for cheap in the next two weeks.

Hmm...a positive review from a not so big Rockstar fan. If that doesn't seal the deal of the game, I'm not sure what will. Well, you've convinced me to take another look into buying the game :) Hopefully I can pick it up (GOTY Edition) for cheap in the next two weeks.

The Game of the Year edition is always $29.99 everywhere now but you can find it for less on sale sometimes. Even at that price it's a bargain, the next best you'll likely get is $19.99 new. If you want to shop it used, you're on you're own but I wouldn't bother.

It's $25.20 on Amazon right now.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Red-Dead-Redemption-microsoft-xbox-360/dp/B005N4HBE6/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1358023251&sr=1-1&keywords=red+dead+redemption+game+of+the+year+edition+xbox+360]Amazon.com: Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition: microsoft xbox 360;: Video Games[/ame]

The Game of the Year edition is always $29.99 everywhere now but you can find it for less on sale sometimes. Even at that price it's a bargain, the next best you'll likely get is $19.99 new. If you want to shop it used, you're on you're own but I wouldn't bother.

It's $25.20 on Amazon right now.

Amazon.com: Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition: microsoft xbox 360;: Video Games

That's an offer I can't pass up, thanks man! I just bought Mafia II from Amazon for $18, so as soon as I finish it, I'm thinking I'll definitely pick up Red Dead.

Co-op is dogshit. Half the time it can't find a game, and the other time it always sticks you in the same map (sidetracked). What's wrong with letting you specify which map you want to play, and finding you a game accordingly?

The outpost app doesn't work, at first it just crashed when it tried to connect to the server, now that's fixed it doesn't save loadouts.

The constant harassment of it telling you what mission is available every 2 minutes(or so it seemed). And just how terrible the co-op was, it was a glitchy unpleasant experience that I only played to get the achievements.

And did anybody else discover that the best weapon for hunting happens to be the Flare Gun? One shots bears, one shots dogs, and everything in between, they don't even have to catch on fire and burn to death, they just.....die!

And did anybody else discover that the best weapon for hunting happens to be the Flare Gun? One shots bears, one shots dogs, and everything in between, they don't even have to catch on fire and burn to death, they just.....die!

Seriously? If that is true that would be hilarious.

I really enjoyed the single player and haven't had too many problems with the coop. There is a lot of repetition but the overall look of the world makes up for it and I really enjoyed the helicopter section near the end.

I have to say though that I think the multiplayer stinks with it's stupid kill cams and very iffy match making. I've ranked up playing co-op and now when I play the occasional multiplayer match, it now puts me on the team with half as many players as the other side with a couple of rank 1s so we get our arses kicked by sheer uneven number of players.

I do find the slow weapons reload very frustrating and small ammo slots meaning you are constantly having to reload in the first place.

Just glad there aren't any multiplayer achievements

Just ran into a super fun, game-breaking, glitch. All that happened was I died trying to get to one of the Relics (one on the side of the cliff next to Gaztown) and when I respawned I had no weapons or ammo, though it was strange so I just got new ones and carried on, and I still have those, but it turns out it also screwed up my D-Pad, so now I can't use the Camera, I can't throw stones, I can't use special arrows or syringes. Reallys sucks, hope I don't end up needing any of these of some of the final missions I have coming up.

EDIT: I also have a bow sticking out of the right-hand side of me, it dosn't do anything but it's annoying me seeing it there constantly.

Edited by Lord Montymort

• 2 weeks later...

It is quite annoying that you can't really snipe properly. You can hide in the bush some 500 metres away and after the first shot, everybody in the camp knows exactly where you are. This was even worse in FC2.

And then there's the stupid radio towers. Getting up there was quite a grind - having died up to 6 times per tower. One more thing: Rook Island's wildlife is way too strong! Show me a tiger or bear or whatever that can survive 4 shotgun shells right into its face!

I actually think the map is too big. The south island isn't as fascinating as the north island any more. It's just more stuff to find (where there's already plenty) and outposts to unlock etc. This time with harder enemies. I quite liked the pirates from the north and this whole jungle beauty thing. But the south island just seems empty. As if it had been created in the last minutes.

Edited by LordBunnyHunter

I love this game for surely, The only thing i have to bitch about it is. How somehow towards the end of the game on the "Ninja Step" skill I only have 1 of 2 outposts liberated without sounding alarms.. Which is bs cause I liberated like 20 outposts without being detected. Maybe I didn't unlock the skill before ninja step soon enough? Idk. Regardless I'm gonna play through again..

Multiplayer stinks.

We heard you the first time.

Going back to single player I noticed a few objects and rocks just hovering slightly off the floor and a weird rectangular plateau just underneath sea level on one part of the island that looks very out of place. Just small oversights that made it into the main game.